Wiki Posts
Search

Report: The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:43 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Corner suite looks great! What room type did you book? Eat anywhere good last night?

FDW
Same room type as before, actually (Deluxe, I believe -- whichever the highest-level regular room type is), so this was a double upgrade. Though the lead-in suites are usually not much more (and there's a STARS promo right now for a $50/night suite upgrade at booking), so I'd be inclined to just book the lead-in suite in the future in hopes of getting the corner upgrade.

Sadly, got in well after dinner, so didn't get to eat anywhere. Lunch meeting at Founder Farmers today though, one of my favorites!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Really? I wasn`t satisfied with SF. Tired with mediocre service. I only stayed at downtown and it was OK. From pictures I´m not too impressed by RC Georgetown, but the Report is great of course.
The new GM at the SF property seems to be tasked with returning the property to its former self. They are doing room renovations at present and are restoring a few services that they've dropped over the years (such as 1-hour pressing, which is now offered again...and gratis for club guests). He seems pretty motivated.

Not that we typically focus on these matters, but I often find lead-in rooms at the RC SF to be about half the price of the FS. I've coupled that with a RC Stars booking and one of my cc club upgrade coupons and I get a quite nice stay ... often in a club suite (club guaranteed via coupon, suite upgrade via Stars/Ritz status from CC) ... for a room rate of around $325. For a couple of day business stay, this is by far the high end value play in SF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.