Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:20 am

Quick question about Amanpulo. Which villa type/number is best for the most powdery soft sand? I thought the sand quality was the same around the island, but then I read a post that the entire sunrise part of the island has coarser sand and is also much more windy. I know the beach casitas probably occupy the best parts of the island's beach, but I'd like to book a villa for the larger living space and private pool.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
The west side of the island is generally less windy. I would say the sand is equally great on both sides. I haven't seen any updated maps online, but the new villas south of casita 29 on the west side of the island would meet your criteria (I have no idea how many bedrooms these have). There are also one or two new villas south of the dive shop on the west side of the island. And I would say the northern most villa, while being a 4 bedroom, also offers great sand, and is shaded from the wind. However, the snorkeling right off the beach is far superior on the west side too, if that is important to you. Assuming that the # of bedrooms is right, I would book the villa immediately adjacent to casita 29 (south west side of island).
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
The west side of the island is generally less windy. I would say the sand is equally great on both sides. I haven't seen any updated maps online, but the new villas south of casita 29 on the west side of the island would meet your criteria (I have no idea how many bedrooms these have). There are also one or two new villas south of the dive shop on the west side of the island. And I would say the northern most villa, while being a 4 bedroom, also offers great sand, and is shaded from the wind. However, the snorkeling right off the beach is far superior on the west side too, if that is important to you. Assuming that the # of bedrooms is right, I would book the villa immediately adjacent to casita 29 (south west side of island).
+1
Excellent recommendation. Or shoot an email to Alejandro at Pulo, he's great.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

the 1/2BR (31/32/33) on casita/west beach (1BR living areas are under roof but outdoor)
4BR (21,etc) may not guarantee north beach, although multiple now? (1-7 are southeast)
ridefar, "new villas south of casita 29" are reportedly not rented by owners. edit: changed?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 5, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:22 pm

Thank you for the recommendations! I will try to see which numbers are actually available. We are looking at 1 or 2 BR for now.

Have concerns about the villas on the east (1-7) if they happen to be the only ones available.

Originally Posted by Big Mac
I went to the south end and there is absolutely nothing there. It's actually quite dirty there, especially the east side (actually the whole east side is a little dirty). And there seems to be erosion there...
Based on this, I'm guessing they don't rake the beach often on that side of the island versus the west?

Last edited by Five Star Traveller; Dec 5, 2015 at 5:34 pm
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:43 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
the 1/2BR (31/32/33) on casita/west beach (1BR living areas are under roof but outdoor)
4BR (21,etc) may not guarantee north beach, although multiple now? (1-7 are southeast)
ridefar, "new villas south of casita 29" are reportedly not rented by owners. edit: changed?
I agree that new villas south of casita 29 would be the best option, but unfortunately they are still not for rent (as of mid November when I was there) and I don't think this will change considering who the owners are.

I would avoid the west villas 31-33, as they are older and the beach in front of them was not great 2 weeks ago (damaged, with a "lagoon" forming in the middle of the beach and rocks/gravel/algae exposed).

Also avoid the southeast villas 1-7, as they are on the very windy side and still feature the original bathrooms.

The northwest villas 26/27 are currently under construction, still have the boat landing for the Manamoc staff in front.

I recommend the northwest villas 20-25, they are new, very nice, and not exposed to the wind. The beach is almost as perfect as on the west side where the casitas are.

Current map for clarification:
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
I agree that new villas south of casita 29 would be the best option, but unfortunately they are still not for rent (as of mid November when I was there) and I don't think this will change considering who the owners are.

I would avoid the west villas 31-33, as they are older and the beach in front of them was not great 2 weeks ago (damaged, with a "lagoon" forming in the middle of the beach and rocks/gravel/algae exposed).

Also avoid the southeast villas 1-7, as they are on the very windy side and still feature the original bathrooms.

The northwest villas 26/27 are currently under construction, still have the boat landing for the Manamoc staff in front.

I recommend the northwest villas 20-25, they are new, very nice, and not exposed to the wind. The beach is almost as perfect as on the west side where the casitas are.
Thank you for the updated map and the recommendations! Very helpful. ^
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Next Aman city hotel confirmed - Seoul, Korea.
Interesting! Gallivanter's report the same. I put it, where it belongs - in the NEW AMANRESORTS thread... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels/1641728-new-amanresorts-ghm-ahn-luh-2015-edition.html#post24082525
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

seems rental of new SW villas by invitation...

unfortunately only 1/2BR and 5BR guarantee location (one 5BR - where?)
villas are 4(/5)BR other than three 1/2BR belonging to owners of amanpulo
and 1/2BR did first add pools/bedrooms, then recent renovation like rest

presume 20,22-27 are exact same design as 1-7, and same style as 31/33 ?

original villa plans include (3?) between W and NW, and (12?) by runway

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 8, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Hi guys,

When does the non-peak season start at Aman Sveti Stefan? Highly annoying that they removed the rates!! I looked at sample dates beginning of Sept and rates are around 1400 EUR !!!

Many thanks
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Hi guys,

When does the non-peak season start at Aman Sveti Stefan? Highly annoying that they removed the rates!! I looked at sample dates beginning of Sept and rates are around 1400 EUR !!!

Many thanks
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you email them then they should supply the rate card.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
When does the non-peak season start at Aman Sveti Stefan?
beginning of Sept and rates are around 1400 EUR !!!
reservation system doesnt show least expensive first

E1000 peak for lowest room category "village room"

aman reservation system shows rate by night
click "read more" then "view price breakdown"
(many other systems show a useless average)

E700 off peak island
may 1 to june 14
september 21-30

during winter only 8-room villa milocer & pool/spa

can also click "1. Property & Dates" at top

as MacMyDay said, aman is still ratecards

except tokyo, which changed to semi-dynamic

will be interesting to see summer/winter for nemu
so far only premiums are for weekends/holidays

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 5, 2016 at 4:45 am
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:12 am

I've just had an invite to an Aman event on the 22nd January, 2016 in London.

Following GMs will be there (they sent a photo, so I've typed their names/locations out, so typos are my fault):

* Christophe Olivro - Amangiri
* Marco Franck - Amanyara
* Claudia Schwarze - Aman Venice
* Sven Van den Broeck - Amanzoe
* Kevin Brooke - Aman Sveti Stefan
* John Reed - Amankora
* Dumi Sakuinje - Aman-i-khas
* Pietro Addis - Amangalla
* Tapa Tibble - Amanpulo
* Sally Baughen - Amansara
* SAndra Watermann - Amankila
* Richard Yap - Aman Summer Palace

Wording is a bit strange, so I cannot tell if Olivier Jolivet and/or Lisa Bovio are coming or just inviting us to come.

Last edited by MacMyDay; Dec 11, 2015 at 10:21 am Reason: Added the correct date
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:28 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I've just had an invite to an Aman event on the 22nd in London.

Following GMs will be there (they sent a photo, so I've typed their names/locations out, so typos are my fault):

* John Reed - Amankora
* Tapa Tibble - Amanpulo

Wording is a bit strange, so I cannot tell if Olivier Jolivet and/or Lisa Bovio are coming or just inviting us to come.
Pity with amount spent on PR , invitation ( s ) should at least be clear or properly worded . How " un English "
Looks right . And we ' ll be on different continents then !

OJ & LB likely present but who knows these days ..
Any mention of Christina D being present ?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:52 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I've just had an invite to an Aman event on the 22nd in London.

* John Reed - Amankora
* Tapa Tibble - Amanpulo

Please go and report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.