Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:04 pm

At least with the new system you get to see the property including taxes and anything else hidden. In Aman-i-khas the tax was insane, not helped by it increasing almost 10% between us booking and going, but it was made very clear.

I really don't get why they would remove the rates, yet make them available if you pick a date. Iniala did a similar thing this year with their new website, whereas others like North Island, Fregrate, Laucala make it easy to see. Why would you want to make it complex? Just provide the information as easy as possible, unless you feel you have something to hide.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

aman was experimenting with things before latest ownership change. this continues with additional changes etc. if they keep seasonal rates, maybe after a few years and they have made some more final decisions, they will put rate cards back up. aman rate cards listed all additions, as well as some other things, like minimum stay requirements.

ikhas is one of the ones with board/etc charge
kora has highest added costs, lots of govt fees
tax varies a lot, and no service charge at some

i did a full comparison of rates at one point
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

and a scenic two-hour train journey or 25-minute helicopter ride from Nagoya. The lush hills and islands surrounding the resort sit above Ago Bay, the setting for Japan’s most sacred shrine, Ise Jingu, and also known for its seafood and cultured pearls.
More like a 3 hour train ride and 2h 15 min drive from central Nagoya. The helicopter would be something and the Ise lobster.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.dolphinci.com/wp-content/...150730_rns.pdf

Additional works at the Amanzoe Beach Club have been completed. These include a new children’s pool, additional lounging areas, together with a new reception building to allow the use of the four beach cabanas as overnight room accommodation.

Three more villas have been completed and are being delivered to their owners in August. To date seven villas have been completed and are all participating in the Amanzoe Villa rental program, which contributes to the profitability of the resort, especially during the high season when demand peaks.

Among the new three villas completed, villa 20 represents the largest Aman villa in the entire global Aman portfolio. Comprising 4,992 of covered m2, villa 20 includes 10 bedrooms and, amongst other facilities, a 30 metre and a 20 metre swimming pool, five smaller pools, a full spa and gym inclusive of an indoor pool, a library, and multiple sitting areas all with stunning sea views. This exceptional villa may be one of the largest newly built holiday homes in the Mediterranean. Due to its uniqueness it is expected to generate significant rental and other revenue for Amanzoe.
https://instagram.com/p/5aD_nXCoMP/
miltoskambSunset behind one of the 11 pools at the brand new Villa 20 #Amanzoe

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 6, 2015 at 1:29 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:19 am

Among the new three villas completed, villa 20 represents the largest Aman villa in the entire global Aman portfolio. Comprising 4,992 of covered m2, villa 20 includes 10 bedrooms and, amongst other facilities, a 30 metre and a 20 metre swimming pool, five smaller pools, a full spa and gym inclusive of an indoor pool, a library, and multiple sitting areas all with stunning sea views. This exceptional villa may be one of the largest newly built holiday homes in the Mediterranean. Due to its uniqueness it is expected to generate significant rental and other revenue for Amanzoe.
Well that's going to be cheap to rent. The GM mentioned it when we stayed in May, but it sounds even more incredible from that description. Think I'll stick with a pavilion, so 1) I can afford to actually eat at later stages of my life and 2) So I don't go all Shining whilst dealing with such an isolated place with so many empty rooms.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:22 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Well that's going to be cheap to rent. The GM mentioned it when we stayed in May, but it sounds even more incredible from that description. Think I'll stick with a pavilion, so 1) I can afford to actually eat at later stages of my life and 2) So I don't go all Shining whilst dealing with such an isolated place with so many empty rooms.
You. Are. Funny. ^
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Amanemu just announced (central Japan)

From an Aman press release

We are delighted to announce the launch of Amanemu, located in Ise Shima National Park in Honshu’s Mie Prefecture, central Japan. The property will look out over the tranquil expanses of Ago Bay near the country’s most sacred Shintō shrine, Ise-Jingū.

Named after the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ and nemu meaning ‘joy’ in Japanese, Amanemu will launch in early 2016, and will be Aman’s 30th property. It is the first Aman to integrate mineral hot springs (onsens) and each of the resort’s 24 Suites and four Villas features a private onsen in addition to open-air onsen pavilions in the Aman Spa.

Embracing a classical Japanese aesthetic in the ryokan tradition, Amanemu will also be home to a restaurant celebrating the region’s rich culinary heritage, from abundant fresh seafood to the renowned Matsusaka variety of Wagyu beef.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:04 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Not sure how it'll work out, but I love the 10-bedroom estate at Alila Villas Soori. It's huge, but never feels overwhelming.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
December 2013, we visited Amandari for 3 nights, Alila Villas Ulutawu for 3 nights and Amankila for 2 nightis. At Christmas, we're returning to Indonesia at the end of our 3 week holiday and the only resort we're going back to is Alila Villas Ulutawu, which we're visiting after Amanjiwo. Different strokes for different folks, but we really didn't like Amankila, whereas Amandari was just not to a style that suited us and I'd certainly agree with RodHK that some of the rooms (we stayed in a Pool Suite) feel in need of a refurb. I would consider returning to Amandari though, as almost everything else was fantastic, including incredibly friendly staff who really went out of their way for us.

We stayed in a Pool Suite in Amankila as well, which we ended up using for all of about 2 minutes, as the pool was facing a concrete wall. The pool is right in front of your room, instead of located behind it, so someone could easily accidentally end up there when trying to get back to their room. On top of this, my partner had some of the gardening staff look at her as she was in the bath, which I bring up as a reflection of the overall lack of privacy we felt in being there. The service was not to the standard I'm used to with Aman and, excluding the beach area, I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. Here, more than any Aman I've been to, the rooms felt very dated and almost depressing to be in. For the price, I would have expected a lot more.
Your post stuck in my mind & was very conscious during our brief Kila stay , one of our numerous to our Bali " home " .
We made it here in between airport closures due to Mount Raung but the winds were in our favour However , hear some other potential guests went on instead to enjoy other Amans in the ASEAN region ^
Kila ' s style is classic & we weren't in one of our favourites this time . Now , very conscious to close relevant shutters . It came to mind that the architect , Ed Tuttle , was probably thinking of the Balinese ' open ' style i.e. You still get people bathing in their birthday suits in the rivers after all , but guests aren't Balinese
Got to enjoy the top tier , beach & suite pools as usual & beach bale with some minor improvements . Also have new F & B team ( TK & VB) besides Sandra W , Shane is in Nusa now .
Think Kila suite pools face concrete walls possibly because of regulations back then - like more than quarter century ago ! Would have loved to get some of that lovely view too while swimming ( as in the tiered pools ) & the pool temperature was good for me . Temperatures of Nusa pools are ok too . ( FYI , positioning of pools / entrances at Kila vary from suite to suite . )
Perhaps time of year determine how warm the water is - southern winter ?
Not making it to Dari this time .

Pity you didn't get to Nusa , as I think you may enjoy it more than Dari , spectacular fireworks all around last night . Have yet to get on the beach but intend to recce it as it ' s supposed to be even better spot - moved after one of those new hotels were ready .
Only used the suite pool so far . Like the swimmable square main pool too but always feel as if I on exhibition then ..

Hmm , now we have Nusa , Nera & Nemu

Thanks again FlyingDoctorwu for the travel card , gave it to Kila team , they know about it now , but didn't see the bill ( what's new .. ) !

P . S .
Like the relocated new beach club , ride is back to the ' interior ' drive rather than on the main road during the construction of the Bali National Golf Resort , etc .
Ground has yet to be broken at yet another hotel .

Evening swim in main pool , usually had it to myself , after light afternoon tea being served there .
MacMyDay - not ' destroyer of souls ' but often a practical contributor to this forum

Last edited by FlyerEC; Aug 9, 2015 at 3:48 pm Reason: Add information
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Your post stuck in my mind & was very conscious during our brief Kila stay
Eek! I'm now MacMyDay: destroyer of souls.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Any clues on when 4th night free promotions, either through FHR, or directly with the hotel, tend to load in? Looking to make a booking at Amanpuri for 4 or 5 nights, and would love to have that fourth night comped .
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Any clues on when 4th night free promotions, either through FHR, or directly with the hotel, tend to load in? Looking to make a booking at Amanpuri for 4 or 5 nights, and would love to have that fourth night comped .
I'd recommend subscribing to this, built by another FT member: https://www.fhrnews.com

It's very useful to see what the offers of the moment are, when they end and get reminded of them.

https://www.fhrnews.com/countries/Thailand/amanpuri

Stay four consecutive nights at Amanpuri and receive the fourth night complimentary

For travel between March 1, 2015 and December 23, 2015
Book between March 1, 2015 and December 15, 2015
This offer can only be used once per stay

Blackout Dates: 20 Dec, 21 Dec, 22 Dec, 23 Dec
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FHR 4th nt free happened in 2009 and 2015, thats it, i posted summary/history
unless new ownership changes it, aman basically has not done free night offers

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 9, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
At least with the new system you get to see the property including taxes and anything else hidden. In Aman-i-khas the tax was insane, not helped by it increasing almost 10% between us booking and going, but it was made very clear.

I really don't get why they would remove the rates, yet make them available if you pick a date. Iniala did a similar thing this year with their new website, whereas others like North Island, Fregrate, Laucala make it easy to see. Why would you want to make it complex? Just provide the information as easy as possible, unless you feel you have something to hide.
They should have left the rates on , the old site was helpful and easier to read .
Thought tax / other charges - like Bhutan tourists fees information , was always provided before anyway
Perhaps they want us to liaise with the staff directly like days of yore ?
( Specific properties are able to give exclusives which maybe ' private ' - not listed on website or meant for target audience who may have received emails on these , allow comparisons of other offers )
Or just the typical IT or new team here having nothing better to do & get the thrill of making the simple complicated for users .. i.e. make it difficult for us ??
How can this be & especially for Amanjunkies !

Last edited by FlyerEC; Aug 9, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

i see FHR and unpublished aman promos as reminder aman exists, not ongoing
(by unpublished im referring to XEXEC offers during summer 2014 for example)

FHR expands again >
through december - 4th nt free - ikhas / fayun / jiwo

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
FHR deal expands again >
through december - 4th nt free - dari/kila/nusa / noi / sara/taka / wella/galla [puri]
through july - 3rd nt free - summer palace
https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/fhr/offers/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post24346909
so far no FHR deal >
wana / pulo / bagh - pulo and bagh low through sep
dayan / tokyo - brand new and tokyo is a major city
kora - the new low season through aug was 36% off

aman venice changes >

1250 950 1250 bedroom
1750 1450 1750 chamber affresco
1950 1650 1950 chamber luminoso
2350 2050 2350 stanza

3000 2600 3000 sansovino 75 m2 partial Grand Canal view Tall windows
3000 2900 3300 papadopoli 73m2 / maddalena 62m2 Tall windows Garden and Canal view
4000 3900 4300 alcova tiepolo 103m2 Tall windows Garden view
4000 4400 4800 canal grande 97m2 above front door

papadopoli / maddalena - top floor canal facing?
sansovino / alcova tiepolo - top not canal facing?

bedroom 47-77m2
chamber affresco 49-61m2 garden view
chamber luminoso south-facing garden partial Canal Several feature historic architectural
stanza 57-89m2 exceptional view Canal Garden Several rooms historic architectural details

but there may be more variation than that states/implies

originally >
five bedroom
seven chamber
seven stanza
(five named)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 12, 2015 at 4:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.