Four Seasons to cease management of FS Philadephia 6 June 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G

Four Seasons Concluding Management of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Earlier this year Four Seasons, together with Comcast Corporation and Liberty Property Trust, announced their intent to develop a new Four Seasons hotel in Philadelphia, which is expected to open in early 2018. At that time we also communicated that Four Seasons will focus our management in the City exclusively on that hotel.

Today we announced that Four Seasons anticipates concluding its management of the existing Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia effective June 6, 2015. As of June 7, the Hotel’s Owner, Host Hotels and Resorts, will transition the management of the Hotel to Sage Hospitality.

Our understanding is that on or around June 7, the Hotel’s Owner will close the Hotel for an extensive renovation with plans to reopen as an independent luxury hotel in late fall 2015.

We have been very proud to manage Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia since it opened more than 30 years ago. Since that time, the Hotel has established a reputation for excellence worldwide and has earned an honored place in the community. We look forward to welcoming you back to Philadelphia in 2018 with the opening of the new Four Seasons at 1800 Arch Street and in the interim, to one of the other 95 properties Four Seasons manages around the world.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

2018 can't come quick enough. Philadelphia was in dire need of a flagship luxury hotel even before the FS closed. While no means the obvious choice in philly due to a way outdated hard product, in my mind, it is the service leader in the city.

I would think that the new FS will bring an unmatched hard product and will become the obvious choice.

Fdw
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:59 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
This is bitter-sweet for me -- I will always fondly remember this property as it was my first ever Four Seasons hotel. Even back then the hard product, especially the bathrooms, were tired but the decor, and the views over Swann Fountain extremely comfortable.

The service was the highlight and the meals and afternoon tea we had in the Swann Lounge and in Fountain are certainly memories to cherish.

That being said I am excited for the new property to open.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I last stayed here perhaps ten years ago. While the service was at FS standards, the facilities were tired even then.

Perhaps we will see a bit of a Toronto-style renaissance in the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.