Paris Peninsula OMG

Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Paris Peninsula OMG fantastic !!!

I just checked into Paris Peninsula. No fewer than 3 house phones within eyesight that have free international VOIP. But they have more phones in the dressing makeup room and bath. The bathroom has spa features including spa bathtub that has a button so no one disturbs and knocks on your door and large TV and more remote controls. I just raised the widow awnings via one of two touch pads. Curtains lights etcetera all via touch pad. This is a tech luxury dream. Thank you assistant manger Geoffrey

Last edited by Centurion; Nov 20, 2014 at 11:01 am
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I think you can expect at this price
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Paris Peninsula OMG

I just came across three more phones and a Toto Toliet that just warmed my bum and made me smilie besides light up. LUXE has a new definition Paris Peninsula.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Member

I dunno ... sounds much too much for my inner Luddite.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Unfortunately, the gadgets seem to be providing better service than the staff.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:35 pm

They have the same phone, bathroom set ups at most of the Pen's outside of the U.S. It is not unique to Paris.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Centurion
I just came across three more phones and a Toto Toliet that just warmed my bum and made me smilie besides light up. LUXE has a new definition Paris Peninsula.
Wonder what happens when you find the control panel!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz
Wonder what happens when you find the control panel!
lol
A short visit was enough for me to know that I would not stay there. Dark and uninspired decor even in large suites and average service. There are so many places in Paris offering a much more interesting experience!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by speedbird001
They have the same phone, bathroom set ups at most of the Pen's outside of the U.S. It is not unique to Paris.
Bangkok?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:32 pm

Odd review.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scented
Odd review.
Not even sure 'review' is an apt description

Thinking more 'emotional burst of joy' meets 'let me tell my FT friends' --> which is the best we can hope for with a luxury hotel I s'pose
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Paris Peninsula OMG

The service is beyond great and I have stayed at other Peninsulas around the world. The Paris location equivalent is the equivalency of combining a Tesla with a Rolls Royce or technology and classic luxury. Oh....found even more phones in my room which is not a suite. I am a paying customer who departed another5* that did not provide a room with a proper bath which is a requirement for the Mrs.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:39 pm
BLV

PHV has Totos and a bunch of phones. I love technology and would gladly share your excitement but there's gotta be something more to it than controlling shades/lights/DND from the phone bedside and/or a remote, no?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:46 pm

I love Peninsula almost everywhere, but unfortunately the Paris property does not appeal to me. Simply bringing their bathroom design, technology, and room design to Paris is not sufficent to get me to try it anytime soon, especially considering the other options in Paris. The property is also too large.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The Paris location equivalent is the equivalency of combining a Tesla with a Rolls Royce or technology and classic luxury. Oh....found even more phones in my room which is not a suite. I am a paying customer who departed another5* that did not provide a room with a proper bath which is a requirement for the Mrs.
Are you sure you're not staying in their telecomms closet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.