Dubai - Luxury but not over the top

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai - Luxury but not over the top

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
Originally Posted by NYBanker
If you want to see the Burj, why not stay there? It is your honeymoon after all....and you established cost not being a factor in your Maldives thread.

This way, when you see it's iconic silhouette in the future, you'll always have the memory of your night there.
Peek at the Bhurj Khalifa - not Burj al Arab!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
How about the new four seasons? it opens on 1 December 2014. Thats one to be excited about. Im always a fan of the One and Onlys too..
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:18 am

FS Dubai is easily the best option now in Dubai, even at this early stage.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
FS Dubai is easily the best option now in Dubai, even at this early stage.
Could you expand on this a bit? I have a two night stay coming up at the Park Hyatt (January), but I'm looking to possibly stay someplace new/different as I've stayed there before. Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS has 2 adult pools, will be a big plus for a number of people here

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 1, 2014 at 11:27 am
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by wolf539
Could you expand on this a bit? I have a two night stay coming up at the Park Hyatt (January), but I'm looking to possibly stay someplace new/different as I've stayed there before. Thanks!
Expand in what way? What do you need to know? Maybe PM me.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:53 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Expand in what way? What do you need to know? Maybe PM me.
I think people would be interested to hear why you think it is now the best? Is it the service, size of the resort, design, facilities, location? Some combination of the above?

I would hardly think this is something that could only be communicated via PM.

My personal take on the resort (granted, without having been there) is that it's a bit too big, the design seems a bit to conventional, but the facilities and location seem like they are fantastic. I would find it a bit hard to believe that the service already better than other 5* properties in Dubai, given how new the FS is.

I'm sure there are plenty here who would love to hear your take on the pros and cons of the place, since your opinion is held in high regard here.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by xracer
I think people would be interested to hear why you think it is now the best? Is it the service, size of the resort, design, facilities, location? Some combination of the above?

I would hardly think this is something that could only be communicated via PM.

My personal take on the resort (granted, without having been there) is that it's a bit too big, the design seems a bit to conventional, but the facilities and location seem like they are fantastic. I would find it a bit hard to believe that the service already better than other 5* properties in Dubai, given how new the FS is.

I'm sure there are plenty here who would love to hear your take on the pros and cons of the place, since your opinion is held in high regard here.
FS only got this location because it works with the ruling family. It is seriously prime - right on Jumeirah Beach and with no intrusive views, as you get with Ritz-Carlton and O&O Royal Mirage.

The build quality is superb - lots of fine details and quirks that make for a great hotel. No cookie cutter stuff.

I have been going to Dubai since there were just 4 resorts on offer, so I have seen serious changes over the years. Previously, I was a great fan of O&O The Palm, but of course, it limits you in terms of access. The great thing about FS is that it is close to all the best restaurants & malls and is on the mainland, so, on one hand you feel part of the scene, but on the other hand you feel as though you are in a beach resort that is unconnected to the City.

Even at this early stage, service is superb. Rooms and suites await a few residential touches, but public areas are outstanding and food is remarkable.

The Mercury Lounge is a unique attribute. Lots of good things.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:14 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Thank you! This is very helpful.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:21 am

Lots of good things.
Thanks! I'm torn between the FS and Al Qasr. At the FS price point, you can get Executive Club access at Al Qasr.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:46 am

Al Qasr /Dar Al Masyaf is nice, but far from 5+ Stars.
Best beach hotel to date in dubai was o and o the palm, downsides there: No food at the pool or beach (had to go to the restaurant). Water could be dirty (the palm problem) and the off location (if you want to go somewhere else).

Four Seasons is now on the nicest beach with im pretty sure a lot better service/facilities/food than al qasr and the bunch...
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by wolf539
Thanks! I'm torn between the FS and Al Qasr. At the FS price point, you can get Executive Club access at Al Qasr.
But Al Qasr is part of Madinat Jumeirah. I stopped going there years ago. After a brief honeymoon period, it went seriously downmarket IMHO. You really cannot compare it to FS Dubai, where you don't need Executive Club access!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Zephyrous
Agreed on all points but there are two RCs in Dubai. One in Dubai Marina, which could be rather inconvenient considering the distance from the airport and Dubai traffic, and the other in DIFC. I really like RC DIFC (even though I rarely like RCs). The thing is that DIFC is like Canary Wharf, only worse.
Interesting perspective. I stayed at the DIFC RC for the first time a few months ago and immediately regretted it. I usually split my stays between a business hotel (almost always Emirates Towers) and a beach hotel (often Madinat Jumeirah). The DIFC RC was dull, the rooms were slightly worn, and the service mediocre. I do agree that DIFC is like Canary Wharf, but with better restaurants, and usually better weather.

To the OP I recommend The Address if you want to see the Burj.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
But Al Qasr is part of Madinat Jumeirah. I stopped going there years ago. After a brief honeymoon period, it went seriously downmarket IMHO. You really cannot compare it to FS Dubai, where you don't need Executive Club access!
I would agree with that. Madinat Jumeirah has gone too budget-holiday and you can tell from the people there. Last time I was in Dubai I stayed at the One and Only, and quite liked that. Interested to try the FS.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Michael82
Four Seasons is now on the nicest beach with im pretty sure a lot better service/facilities/food than al qasr and the bunch...
Booked the Four Seasons for two nights next month. I'll let you know how it goes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.