Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Any truly luxury, gourmet all-inclusive resorts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:06 am
Original Poster

This may have already been covered but I tried to do a search here and found nothing so apologies if this is a repeat.

Yesterday I was reading that Tripadvisor came out with a list of the top 25 all-inclusive resorts and it was like watching an episode of Frasier or the movie Borat, I could not stop laughing. Their list of "top" all-inclusive was like a whats what of hotels you would never stay in even if some paid you a million dollars.

So this would be the perfect place to ask. Are there any truly luxury all-inclusive resorts where outstanding gourmet meals, fine wines and top shelf alcohol are all included in the (what I'd have to assume would be extraordinarily expensive) price? More or less a Regent cruise but on an Island . If you had an awful experience on a Regent cruise, no need to comment about that, just looking for land based ultra gourmet luxury all-inclusive if it exists.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Necker Island and Song Saa come to mind (though for the rates at the former, there probably aren't many hotels in the world where you couldn't more than cover all meals and drinks ).

Not an island/beach retreat, but Twin Farms rates are also inclusive of meals and "fine wines/spirits."

I'd imagine there are plenty more of these. I've toyed with the idea of staying at Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita, and still plan to...It's probably nowhere near the level of some of the ultra-luxury spots (and the rates reflect that), but top-shelf spirits are included and I've heard great things.

Last edited by LM225; Nov 15, 2014 at 5:38 am
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are many properties (they do not have "all-inclusive" in the name) and a handful of threads
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bedara Island in the Great Barrier Reef. IIRC they have about a dozen rooms and everything but motor watersports is included, including French champagne 24/7 but not a top label.

Maybe some of the African safari camps are luxury all inclusives, although I'm not sure whether they would be categorized as resorts.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Member

I've experienced Twin Farms for an entirely luxurious and delicious week, you should, too.
http://www.twinfarms.com

On my wish list: http://thepointsaranac.com.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Member

http://www.blackberryfarm.com -- is almost all inclusive, beverages not always included.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:57 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Hmmm..

We did the Tented Camp and it's all-inclusive but the alcohol was not top notch. I think Johnny Walker bottom shelf was a surcharge.

So fine wines--I don't think so from what I've seen.

Last edited by DSI; Jan 12, 2015 at 10:05 am
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KatW
On my wish list: http://thepointsaranac.com.
curious if anyone has heard anything recently

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise....html?nav=5008

keeping them running as usual until the value increases to the point where they can sell it when the economy turns around

they have said they intend to hold on to it until there is or sell the property as a private home.
http://www.northcountrypublicradio.o...in-foreclosure
they have said is they may just simply sell it as a private home.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 15, 2014 at 4:03 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: QF CL
Laucala fits the bill, although from memory there might have been a surcharge for some of the super premium aged wines in the cellar.

IME the wine is often the sticking point ithe so-called all-inclusive category. I stayed at Bedarra years back (before the rebuild), and IMO the list was too skewed towards safe crowd pleasers like Leeuwin Estate. I suppose I can understand why they want their guests to recognise labels but it's disappointing not to find more interesting choices for people with an interest in wine.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only drinks included are cocktails (wine, champagne) before dinner and, if booked through Virtuoso, one bottle of wine -- but other than that, Ballyfin in Ireland meets the requirements. The food is outstanding and so is the service. It's good enough to justify paying for your drinks!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by LM225
Necker Island and Song Saa come to mind (though for the rates at the former, there probably aren't many hotels in the world where you couldn't more than cover all meals and drinks ).

Not an island/beach retreat, but Twin Farms rates are also inclusive of meals and "fine wines/spirits."

I'd imagine there are plenty more of these. I've toyed with the idea of staying at Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita, and still plan to...It's probably nowhere near the level of some of the ultra-luxury spots (and the rates reflect that), but top-shelf spirits are included and I've heard great things.
Youd have to pay me a lot of money to make me go to song saa again.
Overrated and for that price completely unacceptable.

Singita is all inclusive - just not french champagne. Food is excellent.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
How about The Brando or Tides Reach Resort in french Polynesia. fully AI (although pricy). I've included both on my blog, you really need to see the pics to compare.
Ive always quite fancied Necker Island too (never been though) - although there are some nasty mosquitoe bourne diseases around down there at the moment so make sure you use loads of Deet if you go there!
Oh and I forget, there are a load of ski chalets eg Thurnhers Alpenhof in Lech that offer AMAZING food on halfboard (not AI though but wines are very reasonable
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
there are many properties (they do not have "all-inclusive" in the name) and a handful of threads
ROTFL. Was that post actually meant to be helpful...or dismissive and obnoxious....

To all those who generally came into the thread with a desire to help and made recommendations, many thanks. Appreciate those who have given some good suggestions for us to look at.

I had spoken with someone on this forum about the club lounge at the RC Aruba. I'm very fond of the club lounges at RC and other city hotels, especially in Singapore where I've tried the RC, the MO and the S-La Valley Wing. The problem with a resort club lounge I'd think is that you would not want to spend your holiday in a lounge .

The club lounge at the now closed RC Sharm had great service, wonderful breakfast, lunch and tea but no dinner and no alcohol (except horrible "local egyptian wine" served after 5 or 6 in the evening). They did have three wonderful restaurants (which were not wonderful on our last visit not long before they closed) so it was something like half all-inclusive .

Rambling, sorry. Once again thanks for the comments and suggestions.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Michael82
Youd have to pay me a lot of money to make me go to song saa again.
Overrated and for that price completely unacceptable.

Singita is all inclusive - just not french champagne. Food is excellent.
Out of all the safaris that I've done, Singita Lebombo had by far the most disappointing food. In fact, it is the only safari lodge that I have been in that I did not care and do not remember anything about the food at all (other than how bad the dinners were), and I am not a fussy eater at all. I wonder if it was an off-period for their kitchen.

I should say that wine selection on the other hand was very good.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LM225

I would strongly advise you not to go to Zoetry. I disliked almost everything about it. Not in any sense luxurious, ugly beach, crowded pool, bad food. Not worth it for a few 'free' drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.