Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok site inspections - FS, St. Regis, The Siam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I have never had breakfast downstairs, always room service or executive club. I find breakfast there quite good, but then again a lot of Bangkok hotels as you say have wonderful breakfast spreads.
I frequently have breakfast downstairs by the Koi pools at Aqua in front of Spice Market. The buffet is high quality and has a good mix of cooked to order items and buffet displayed items. The fruit in particular has a daily changing mix that is great and I appreciate. I do agree it can get hectic particularly around holiday times of visitors from CN and GCC- this though is true of almost any buffet in Bangkok and the hotel does the best they can to meet the demand.

The GM of the hotel is almost every morning at breakfast greeting guests as are a number of his team. I would say this is one of the better breakfast services in Bangkok.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The GM of the hotel is almost every morning at breakfast greeting guests as are a number of his team. I would say this is one of the better breakfast services in Bangkok.
Good to know. I will try breakfast outside by Aqua on my next stay.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Good to know. I will try breakfast outside by Aqua on my next stay.
Particularly on a weekday morning is very pleasant. I like to head down there prior to morning meetings and it is quiet and peaceful if the weather is good and they open the overhead rain/sun barrier.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:49 am

Thank you David for your review. We are staying at the FS early next year for the first time (love BKK, but never tried here), so we are looking forward to it.
We love the area it is in, the river hotels and their views are amazing, but you cannot beat this area for a diverse range of experiences in BKK.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks DavidO for the great descriptions. I have a 1 night stay coming up with wife and friends before we head to a wedding. Which of these hotels would be best suited for proximity to great nightlife and restaurants? Also how does one go about making a Virtuoso booking?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Anyone whose been to the Siam recently - can you speak to the difference between the Mae Nam Suite and the Riverview Suite? The latter is a higher category, but the former looks nicer on the Siam's website.

If there are any tangible differences - and there obviously are - can someone speak to those?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.