Wiki Posts
Search

RC Hong Kong For Regular Pen Guest

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver

I have only a few more weeks to re-qualify as Elite in the RC Rewards program (found myself gravitating towards FS and independent hotels). I have 3 nights booked at the RC Singapore, but have just found out that it is not a participating property so that stay is moot.
I stay at The Peninsula regularly and it is a place I adore- many of the staff recognise me by name, know my preferences, and I get excellent treatment there. Nonetheless, I was thinking of switching to the RC for my upcoming 4 night stay in Hong Kong- I cannot say that I am thrilled with this, and if it turns out that the RC is not worth it then I'll just let Elite status go- I have little use for it anyway, the less I stay/spend with RC.

What do people generally think of the RC HK? Would you advise a stay there- I'll be in Hong Kong for business and an exhibition at HKCEC.

Thank you !
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I've stayed there several times it's a stunning well run property you won't be disappointed. I'd recommend going for Club Level as the Club Lounge is a great place to relax, meet friends or colleagues. Personally I would chose the RC anyway over the Pen but that's just me. I'm fairly loyal to the RC brand.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malioil
I have only a few more weeks to re-qualify as Elite in the RC Rewards program (found myself gravitating towards FS and independent hotels). I have 3 nights booked at the RC Singapore, but have just found out that it is not a participating property so that stay is moot.
I stay at The Peninsula regularly and it is a place I adore- many of the staff recognise me by name, know my preferences, and I get excellent treatment there. Nonetheless, I was thinking of switching to the RC for my upcoming 4 night stay in Hong Kong- I cannot say that I am thrilled with this, and if it turns out that the RC is not worth it then I'll just let Elite status go- I have little use for it anyway, the less I stay/spend with RC.

What do people generally think of the RC HK? Would you advise a stay there- I'll be in Hong Kong for business and an exhibition at HKCEC.

Thank you !
If you need to be at HKCEC I would stay at the Upper House- getting from RC to HKCEC will be a bit of a hassle I think or at least somewhat time consuming.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others

Agree. RC will be a locational pain. I actually think the Pen is better, but if you want a 100+ storey experience, it gives you that - just make sure you take a club room.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Agree with the others that location is the most important criterion. The RC is atop a subway station, so you can get to Central easily ... but where do you want to be for your business/travels in Hong Kong.

If you'd like to try out the RC's iconic Victoria Harbour View from 103 stories up (assuming there is no cloud cover), it's something to do if that's an experience you'd enjoy.

If the location of the Pen works for you, I'd stay there.

I've seen the RC Hong Kong, and the rooms are quite beautiful, if a bit compact. I will be seeing the newly renovated version of the Peninsula Hong Kong in two nights ... and will report back on that in a trip report.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DavidO
Agree with the others that location is the most important criterion. The RC is atop a subway station, so you can get to Central easily ... but where do you want to be for your business/travels in Hong Kong.

If you'd like to try out the RC's iconic Victoria Harbour View from 103 stories up (assuming there is no cloud cover), it's something to do if that's an experience you'd enjoy.

If the location of the Pen works for you, I'd stay there.

I've seen the RC Hong Kong, and the rooms are quite beautiful, if a bit compact. I will be seeing the newly renovated version of the Peninsula Hong Kong in two nights ... and will report back on that in a trip report.
I disagree on the rooms being compact especially by HK standards they are quite large and well laid out. I've stayed there several times-which room types were you shown?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
Thanks everyone but I decided to give The Pen a break and ultimately settled for a harbour room at the MOHK for my stay.

I've heard great things about this hotel so I truly do hope I don't regret 'cheating' on The Pen.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by malioil
Thanks everyone but I decided to give The Pen a break and ultimately settled for a harbour room at the MOHK for my stay.

I've heard great things about this hotel so I truly do hope I don't regret 'cheating' on The Pen.
It's my favorite HK property. You will not be disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.