Sri Panwa - Phuket

Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone stayed in 1BR Pool Villa 'B' ?
any specific villa # recommendations ?
youtube.com/watch?v=uVV5eA-ApUQ&t=27s
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I've stayed at Andara - reviewed it on FT here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...3&query=andara

The three are very different resorts. Sri Panwa, as OP described it, is very hip and young with a more Asian crowd. This is definitely much more of a 'social' resort with quite a buzz around it. It's also very, very far from almost everything. Despite that, beware of the day-trippers in the common areas (particularly Baba Nest) who come over for sunset drinks. The villas are very nice and private though and still offer some sense of solitude. Beach is decent.

Trisara is absolutely fantastic and probably has the best 'hotel rooms'. Has the best beach out of the three in terms of sand, but very rocky entry to the water unless you're going in high-season. Wasn't that impressed by the privately owned villas, or the food. Service could improve too.

Andara is like a mini-Aman in so many ways (design, tiling, layout to an extent - it's also a much 'smaller' resort though). If you're going in a large group, go for Andara beacause the multiple bedroom villas are stunning - every bit as nice as Amans. This is also the most conveniently located resort if you want to explore rest of Phuket. But if the beach is a big thing for you, skip Andara because their beach really isn't up to much.

Best (Thai) food is at Andara I reckon, but you're limited for choice. SILK is the only restaurant. Commented earlier that the breakfast was horrid, but as horrid as that breakfast was, the Thai food is absolutely worth it. There are also a host of Thai/Western/touristy beach bars within walking distance from Andara.

I'm very familiar with all three - and just had lunch (again!) at Andara on my last visit to Phuket in late April and continue to keep going back every year.

Feel free to ask any questions!
I'm heading to Phuket in a couple weeks for my Honeymoon and also having issues deciding which hotel to stay at (Sri Panwa or Andara). I would probably get a pool suite at Andara, or pool villa at Sri. I will be coming from Banyan Tree in Sumai.

The appealing part of Andara is that there is more in the area and I won't be stuck at the hotel paying extra for food/alcohol. Sri Panwa obviously has amazing rooms and privacy, but I'm not sure if my outside food options are limited. I tried looking online and there seem to be some restaurants in a small "village" outside of Sri Panwa where I can get cheaper food when I want, cheap massages, etc.

Any thoughts on what sounds like a better option for me?

Last edited by ssimon86; Jun 28, 2016 at 9:39 am Reason: Addition of where I am staying prior in case that helps
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:15 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by ssimon86
I'm heading to Phuket in a couple weeks for my Honeymoon and also having issues deciding which hotel to stay at (Sri Panwa or Andara). I would probably get a pool suite at Andara, or pool villa at Sri. I will be coming from Banyan Tree in Sumai.

The appealing part of Andara is that there is more in the area and I won't be stuck at the hotel paying extra for food/alcohol. Sri Panwa obviously has amazing rooms and privacy, but I'm not sure if my outside food options are limited. I tried looking online and there seem to be some restaurants in a small "village" outside of Sri Panwa where I can get cheaper food when I want, cheap massages, etc.

Any thoughts on what sounds like a better option for me?
While I have seen honeymooners at Andara, I think Sri Panwa is a better bet for honeymooning. Andara is definitely much more family-like; additionally, as mentioned before, there are issues with the beach/beach club at Andara.

In saying that, there is more to do near Andara (restaurants, bars, cheap massages) within walking distance (specifically Kamala beach) than near Sri Panwa.

I have a driver I always use in Phuket who is reliable, has a good, clean, well-maintained car etc, and very reasonably priced. Message me for details.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
In saying that though, this is a gorgeous villa at Andara. But if you're staying in Andara's suites (which I also do really like), I think as a honeymooner you'd be better off in a suite/villa at Sri Panwa which is perhaps a more romantic resort.

Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:15 am

What suite is that?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by surftb15
What suite is that?
It's a 6-bedroom villa.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:43 am

Looks good, besides the fedora on the chair.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Quick Update - Was just back at Sri Panwa....6th visit. I usually stay at Puri or Trisara, but I have to say.

1. The residence villas are Sri Panwa are just outstanding.... much nicer than anything at Puri or Trisara.... by far.... and about 1/4 the price (50k THB/3BR.)

2. Views are incredible.

3. Beach sucks, but the location makes it super convenient to take a boat and beach on the nearby remote islands. (So May-Nov when the beaches on the Andaman side are too rough to swim, this is a really good choice.)

4. Food's good... but not like Puri.

5. They've really stepped up their service. First few visits felt really rough around the edges. This time.... fast, friendly, professional...never said no to any request. It was off season so that might have helped.

6. Road construction (now mostly finished) makes the trip from the airport easier but it's still 50 minutes to an hour.

7. Original spa was not great but the new one is really nice.

As I noted in the OP, it's a much younger crowd. Might not be everyone's choice, but I really like this place.

Last edited by 5khours; Sep 15, 2019 at 12:25 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.