Wiki Posts
Search

Mandapa, A Ritz Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:31 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Mandapa, A Ritz Carlton Reserve Ubud, Bali

So, this is what I saw from Amandari.. Looks like it's opening at the end of 2014.

Link

FDW
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:28 pm

Looks very nice. Not sure if this is a typo, but it seems the Reserve Villa has the smallest pool despite being the largest and most expensive room?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Any way to tell what Marriott Category / Tier this hotel will be in?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:35 am

I like the R-C reserve concept from my experiences at Phulay Bay, but I resent that this resort has adulterated the view from Amandari.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Dec 7, 2014 at 3:47 am
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:39 am
Suspended

I like the concept, but what I find interesting is that, it now seems that the RC brand is so watered down they need a new sub-brand, the RC Reserve.

Hear good things though.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
I like the concept, but what I find interesting is that, it now seems that the RC brand is so watered down they need a new sub-brand, the RC Reserve.

Hear good things though.
I don't disagree that the R-C brand is not always what it used to be, but the Reserve properties are an entirely new concept. R-C never has had such small and intimate properties before, so I think it makes sense to differentiate them from the rest of the Ritz-Carlton brand.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Is Ritz-Carlton Reserve a "ritz-carlton lite"? Also - do you anticipate this hotel will be bookable through Marriott rewards?

My wife and I (and our current 3 week old) would like to make a week booking in Bali using our 500k+ Marriott points to do the air + hotel award for about 10 months from now. We are trying to figure out where to stay. The R-C Bali would be cool but from what we understand it is in the "yuckiest" part of Bali.

We are hoping something like this will be bookable with MR points.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Mandapa, A Ritz Carlton Reserve Ubud

I think ritz Carlton reserve is not a lite product; more like the luxury product that the ritz standard should strive to be. If memory serves me correct, the other reserve properties are not book able with marriot points.

As far as this being the yucky part of Bali that depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for the myrtle beachish part of town then yes this area will be yucky. As the rc reserve is down in a river valley; I would classify this as the serene part of Bali. I stayed up the hill from this hotel and would definitely return to this area because it's a lot quieter.

Fdw
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch
Is Ritz-Carlton Reserve a "ritz-carlton lite"? Also - do you anticipate this hotel will be bookable through Marriott rewards?
We are hoping something like this will be bookable with MR points.
On the contrary, the Reserve properties are positioned as higher-end properties.

It probably will not participate in MR/R-C Rewards.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Do any of the Reserve properties participate it Ritz Rewards?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Do any of the Reserve properties participate it Ritz Rewards?
Phulay Bay does not. Don't know about Dorado Beach, but I doubt it does.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Dorado Beach doesn't either.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:21 pm

Which defeats the purpose of having a rewards scheme.

In general, I'm not overly impressed with RC, though there are a few exceptions (Singapore being one).

That RC Corporate now feels the need to add an additional class/category to their brand in order to make themselves Luxury I find laughable.

I'm sure the Reserve properties are nice, but given the still generally mediocre reviews - I'm looking at you, Dorado - I don't find myself specifically planning trips to visit them, as I do for other properties at times.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

reserve not participating could be seen as a positive thing.

Originally Posted by aa213bb
I don't find myself specifically planning trips to visit them
at the same time, at the moment FS is only doing big box beach hotels (RC-style just fewer rooms) including a reflag next to a large disney timeshare hotel. its also possible FS has a role in possibly pulling out of existing thailand properties. (see end of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...thin-year.html)

RC reserve is step in right direction, FS big box beach hotels is step in wrong direction.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 18, 2014 at 11:10 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
reserve not participating could be seen as a positive thing.
I view it as a positive that Reserve properties do not participate. Mandapa is designed to compete with Amandari and FS Sayan.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Dec 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.