Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Resort Ko Olina at Lanikuhonua (Oahu, Hawaii)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Resort Ko Olina at Lanikuhonua (Oahu, Hawaii)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
FS Resort O'ahu at Ko Olina announced

The rumor is confirmed. This release just received!

Introducing Four Seasons Resort O‘ahu at Ko Olina

The Resort Group (TRG), one of Hawaii's largest landowners of resort developments; Westbank (WB), Canada's premier luxury hotel and residential developer; and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts have confirmed plans for Four Seasons Resort O‘ahu at Ko Olina, an integrated luxury beach resort and private residences that will be the jewel in the crown of the master-planned Ko Olina development.

Jeffrey R. Stone, TRG's founder and master developer of Ko Olina, and Westbank founder Ian Gillespie will oversee the development of Four Seasons Resort O‘ahu at Ko Olina, which will encompass a reinspired Ihilani Resort. The new resort will introduce the first Four Seasons-branded private residences in Hawaii, offering the unparalleled service that has made the luxury brand famous throughout the world.

"This is the fulfillment of a long-held dream for Ko Olina," Mr. Stone said. "Four Seasons previously explored bringing its quality, elegance and prestige to O‘ahu as the company has done so well on Maui, Hawai‘i Island and Lanai. We will oversee this new development with the same stewardship, integrity and sustainability that have made Ko Olina a lasting success. This project will generate substantial, long-term economic benefits to the area for future generations."

Isadore Sharp, Founder and Chairman of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, noted that island royalty and the world's elite have long enjoyed Ko Olina, or "place of joy" in Hawaiian, as an exclusive gathering place. "Ko Olina on O‘ahu, with its pristine natural beauty, is an ideal place for Four Seasons to create a world-class resort and residential experience that exemplifies Hawaiian hospitality at its best," said Mr. Sharp.

Four Seasons President and Chief Executive Officer J. Allen Smith added, "Four Seasons is committed to Hawaii with our existing four hotels on three islands, and we are thrilled with the opportunity to bring the brand to O‘ahu, the travel and business hub of the Pacific."

With the reacquisition of Ihilani from Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors complete, Westbank will take the development lead on Four Seasons Resort O‘ahu at Ko Olina. Known for its unique design expertise and high-quality developments throughout North America, Westbank has assembled an internationally acclaimed team to transform Ihilani into one of Hawaii's finest luxury resorts. Westbank's design team for this project includes James K.M. Cheng Architects, 2013 Pritzker Architecture Prize winner Toyo Ito, Group 70 International, Philpotts Interiors, and SWA Group.

"Ihilani has the classic architecture of Edward Killingsworth, the property's original architect. He is still recognized as one of the most accomplished architects in the world," Mr. Gillespie said. "This property was the last newly-built hotel on O‘ahu, and architect Toyo Ito, also a fan of Killingsworth, has been inspired by the potential to enhance the natural lushness and breathe new life into this beautiful resort and tropical setting."

Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell said, "We welcome the very first Four Seasons hotel or resort to O‘ahu. The addition of this world-renowned hotel brand will enhance O‘ahu's tourism base and support economic growth on the leeward coast. The city looks forward to working with Four Seasons on their expansion plans and the growth opportunities they bring to Ko Olina."

Ko Olina is located on the sunny west side of O‘ahu. Originally conceived in the mid-1980s, the resort has been reaffirmed many times over the years, most recently by the notable success of Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, which debuted in 2011. The 650-acre (263-hectare) master-planned community also features Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club; several private resort residential communities; Hawaii's only private deep-draft marina; the award-winning Ko Olina Golf Club; four oceanfront white sand lagoons connected by 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometres) of shoreline pathways; access to a diverse selection of ocean and outdoor activities; and the island's best weather, all located 17 miles (27 kilometres) from the Honolulu International Airport.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Any early concept pictures or the like? When do they expect to launch?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:11 pm

We stayed at the Disney property that is located next door to the Four Seasons in question. This was a few years ago when the Disney opened up.

My memory says that the dining in the area is not great, the best was a Roy's nearby. Traffic to Honolulu was terrible around dinner time. Who would know they had that much traffic? Isn't it a paradise? Also, the view from the pool wasn't that great...I like to see the ocean from the pool and that wasn't possible. The room sizes were large, almost comically with lots of wasted space (we did ask the JWMarriott if we could see a room), but wouldn't swear that every room was like that.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:58 am

Opening GM, Sanjiv Hulugalle has already left FS Beijing and is at the Oahu property. It is scheduled to open end of this year.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm a homeowner at the Beach Villas at Ko Olina on Lagoon Two which is one lagoon over from the new Four Seasons.

Here is some updated info.

JWM brand ended on Jan 10 with the hotel closing on March 10th for rebranding. With renovations taking 10 months or longer, the Four Seasons hotel may not be open until mid-2016.

The Four Seasons will have 350 hotel rooms and 120 residencies.
Average nightly rate will be in the $600-700 range which is less than the $1,000 per night at the Four Seasons Manele Bay on Lanai or the $900.00 per night peak season rates on Maui and the Big Island. Residences wil be sold for around $2,500 per square foot. Killingsworth design is involved who also did Kahala Resort and Halekulani.

The location is great for families with its calm ocean waters. The Disney Aulani is typically bursting at the seams so the Four Seasons will be a nice addition. The Disney Resort is on the Conde Nast latest Gold List I believe as the #1 family resort in the country.

Helicopter and jet FBO service are now approved at Kalaeloa air strip (the old Barbers Point base) which is one exit away from our Ko Olina exit. This will allow Four Seasons guests (and our guests) to fly in from outer islands and avoid traffic coming in from the HNL airport.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more. The second photo in our listing below shows the Ihilani (Four Seasons) off in the distance.

Last edited by EXPLAT; Mar 17, 2015 at 12:47 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:28 am

Opens May 27, 2016. Reservations are available.

I may stay a night in June before my stay at Aulani.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Any recent updates on this property?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:20 pm

Seems like a good deal...

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...etaway/227428/
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by needmorevacay
The Travel Zoo offer is bookable by FSPP agents and, if so, includes FSPP amenities. Terms: you pay full room + tax at time of booking, and the cancel deadline is 30 days prior to arrival. There are blackout dates. While Four Seasons no longer permits FSPP agents to list the amenities, I can tell you that FS Oahu offers the standard FSPP amenities with the spa credit option. (I'm happy to send out my one-page summary of FSPP options at all FS hotels worldwide — just PM me with your email address or email me directly).

additional information: For any FSPP TA's out there, you will want to make these bookings directly through your FS Hawaii rep, mentioning the Travel Zoo offer. She (or he, if it's Leighton) will match the rate and terms and add the FSPP amenities. My rep will even confirm an upgrade at booking.

Last edited by DavidO; Jul 13, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Any recent updates on this property?
JohnRain, you can see my review here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...a-oahu-hi.html
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO
The Travel Zoo offer is bookable by FSPP agents and, if so, includes FSPP amenities. Terms: you pay full room + tax at time of booking, and the cancel deadline is 30 days prior to arrival. There are blackout dates. While Four Seasons no longer permits FSPP agents to list the amenities, I can tell you that FS Oahu offers the standard FSPP amenities with the spa credit option. (I'm happy to send out my one-page summary of FSPP options at all FS hotels worldwide — just PM me with your email address or email me directly).

For any FSPP TA's out there, you will want to make these bookings directly through your FS Hawaii rep or with the Ko Olina reservations office, mentioning the Travelzoo offer at time of booking.
@DavidO. Thank you for this information! This sounds like an incredible deal then!

Last edited by needmorevacay; Jul 12, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:55 pm

Important updated information on the TravelZoo promotion:

FSPP agents should make these reservations through their FS Hawaii rep. He/She will match the TravelZoo rate and put the reservation through.

Additional factoid: End of the promotion is apparently in 4 days (Monday)

Last edited by DavidO; Jul 14, 2016 at 4:27 pm
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:53 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I have received information that this promotion is good to July 22 -- a week from now....

Originally Posted by DavidO
Important updated information on the TravelZoo promotion:

FSPP agents should make these reservations through their FS Hawaii rep. He/She will match the TravelZoo rate and put the reservation through.

Additional factoid: End of the promotion is apparently in 4 days (Monday)
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

at least they match the rate... i really dont understand this from FS. 1002 sold so far. (3K to 5K nights)

Originally Posted by luxury
I have received information that this promotion is good to July 22 -- a week from now....
whatever they say about deal now, they may cut off based on number sold, IIRC other travelzoo did this

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 17, 2016 at 2:50 pm
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
at least they match the rate... i really dont understand this from FS. 757 sold so far.
They're doing this to introduce what is a new resort to the public and create public awareness.

The promotion will end ... and likely never come back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.