Reload this Page >

Frankfurt Dilemma: Villa Kennedy vs Jumeirah

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Dilemma: Villa Kennedy vs Jumeirah

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:58 am

Me, too - I had high hopes for Jumeirah. I did not realise they had ditched Sodashi. The hotel is obviously not as high-end as was first intimated. Aromatherapy Associates? How the mighty have fallen. You can buy this stuff on airlines these days.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Well, the layout of the Jumeirah is a bit awkward really. There's no lobby or other public spaces to speak of with the property being located atop/along the MyZeil shopping mall. Aside from that and a nerv-wrecking fire alarm at 01:30 am on a Sunday morning (getting up from sleep and evacuating by running down 22 floors while the alarm messages were sounding all over the place) during my last stay I quite like the rest of it still. I really enjoy the views from the rooms over the city and surroundings and fancy their comprehensive room amenities. Service was pretty good during all my stays. I like their breakfast buffet and think that the bar is very good with professional yet inviting staff. I think it offers a solid 5* product that is very well comparable with the other Jumeirah's I have enjoyed so far (i.e. JET DXB and J@Etihad Towers AUH where the current FRA GM Mrs. Doris Greif was the former GM).

If you like a more intimate location with a better layout and larger public spaces, Villa Kennedy is the one to go then. Quality of room amenities were downgraded a bit compared to previous stays but still ok.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:41 pm

I do agree that some of the rooms enjoy stunning views, but accountants rule these days at Jumeirah Frankfurt. And with such a miniscule footprint, staff should be hospitable, not hostile and the ongoing cost cutting doesn't help either. This hotel is a lot of things, high-end or 5* it is not.

Regarding the spa, where's Jumeirah's commitment to chemical-free? When you have a guest that is conscious and educated about spa brands and ingredients, the last thing you would want to do is start an argument that the new brand is worlds better and utilizes less chemicals than Sodashi, when, in reality, it is really cheap stuff.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Jumeirah has the better location but Villa Kennedy is the better hotel.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by scented
I do agree that some of the rooms enjoy stunning views, but accountants rule these days at Jumeirah Frankfurt. And with such a miniscule footprint, staff should be hospitable, not hostile and the ongoing cost cutting doesn't help either. This hotel is a lot of things, high-end or 5* it is not.

Regarding the spa, where's Jumeirah's commitment to chemical-free? When you have a guest that is conscious and educated about spa brands and ingredients, the last thing you would want to do is start an argument that the new brand is worlds better and utilizes less chemicals than Sodashi, when, in reality, it is really cheap stuff.
They actually argued that Aromatherapy Associates uses fewer chemicals than Sodashi? That says a lot about the ignorance of their Spa people! Shocking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.