Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?

What is the best resort in Bodrum (Turkey)?

Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:43 am

Are MO & Amanruya prices going down with the recent events in Turkey?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I haven't made it to Bodrum yet. But what I've read about it suggests the region is a protected enclave and you can see on the map how far it is from Istanbul and more importantly eastern Turkey. So I would feel totally safe going there. Hopefully I'll find a week when the weather turns in Europe and pop over to visit both Caresse and the MO.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:09 am

Not great timing for Canyon Ranch Kaplankaya to open. I wonder how it will do - http://www.canyonranchdestinations.com/kaplankaya/
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cdric
Curious about this as well.

Edit: just checked, out of curiosity - prices seem pretty rich for both MO and Ruya.

Last edited by 0bsidian; Jul 6, 2016 at 1:31 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cdric
I just checked Amanruya and Caresse for next spring. Prices so far are staying steady.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just checked Amanruya and Caresse for next spring. Prices so far are staying steady.
Talked to people who stayed recently in Turkey. They thought they didnt mention anything while there. Nevertheless I wouldnt go at the Moment and I guess prices will go down.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
There's a new luxury resort in Bodrum, Turkey coming up in 2017:

Banyan Tree to Debut Resort in Bodrum

More exciting news from Banyan Tree. The Singapore-based hospitality brand will arrive in Turkey in spring 2017 with a resort in Yahkavak, Bodrum. This is a prime piece of coastal real estate on the Turkish Riviera: a cape surrounded by the Aegean sea on three sides, overlooking a 1500-ft private beach. A collaboration with Nef, a real estate developer in Turkey, the Banyan Tree Bodrum is being touted as a “summerhouse concept” with a “new luxury service model.”
http://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com/t...t-bodrum-17599

-Interesting concept with 70 rooms incl. 14 spa suites with private pools
-incl. 40 standard rooms 30 super-sized "branded" suites
-the project also incl. private residences

Will the new Banyan Tree Resort Bodrum rival the MO or other? Only time will tell, while the "summerhouse concept" sounds fascinating.

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by uggboy
Will the new Banyan Tree Resort Bodrum rival the MO or other? Only time will tell, while the "summerhouse concept" sounds fascinating.

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
The success will be IMO related to the further development in Turkey. While this year many tourists already booked their Holidays without a realistic Chance to cancel before the newest Events, next year will be the acid test. If they arent able to charge steady (high) prices I doubt they will be able to develop something great or permanently keep the level high.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Amanruya was fantastic
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Amanruya was fantastic
Gets mixed reviews...., Unfortunately I will not check myself in the near future....
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
I doubt prices are going to go down, especially during high season. Bodrum is the premier vacation spot for the Turkish elite and they will keep MO and Aman busy during the summer.

MO is much better than Aman both as a property and location, Aman is a longer drive to the hot spots, but you need to drive in Bodrum to go anywhere so it won't matter that much. Still we are probably talking about the no 1 and no 2 hotels for beach vacation in Turkey so both are very good.

Bodrum is %100 safe, I can't remember any time in my life where there was a security issue there.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by tcmb99
I doubt prices are going to go down, especially during high season. Bodrum is the premier vacation spot for the Turkish elite and they will keep MO and Aman busy during the summer.
tcmb99, welcome to FlyerTalk. Thanks for your helpful information. Are you familiar with Caresse, the luxury Starwood property near Bodrum? Is it genuinely a luxury property? I like that it is closer to Bodrum.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
thank you sandiego1k,

i am not familiar with the hotel, but i know the area well. to be honest i do not think you want to be closer to bodrum central. thats usually a rookie mistake by people visiting for the first time. it might be nice to walk around one night and see the castle, but it is not a place you want to go every day or night. the area around the hotel itself is not bad, but it is mostly residential, catering to people from Istanbul owning houses there.

these days the yalikavak marina, which is closest to MO, is the hottest area. it has the nicest shops and restaurants. most good nightlife is still in Turkbuku. good restaurants are mostly scattered alond the north and northwest side of the peninsula. gumusluk is also a great area to visit.

i go to bodrum one week every year, and probably spend a couple hours at most in bodrum city center.

at the end of the day whereever you decide to stay in, expect traffic during summer, and expect to drive or be driven. imho best time to go is early september. if you are not looking for a hot summer vacation, late spring will also be nice.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bodrum is %100 safe, I can't remember any time in my life where there was a security issue there.
I think few places are 100 % safe. With Turkey at least from a German perspective its not so much a safety issue, many people simply dont wonna stay in Erdoans country. They dont agree with the political situation and dont stay as a boycott.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:03 pm

these days the yalikavak marina, which is closest to MO, is the hottest area. it has the nicest shops and restaurants. most good nightlife is still in Turkbuku. good restaurants are mostly scattered alond the north and northwest side of the peninsula. gumusluk is also a great area to visit.
This is really helpful. Thank you. We will be there in late spring 2017.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.