Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 nights in Borobudur + 5 nights where?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Thanks everyone.
I think I'll extend my stay to 8 nights instead of the original 7 nights.
This is my plan at the moment:
Day 1
TR2214 - SIN-JOG - 16:15-17:30
Amanjiwo
Day 2
Amanjiwo
Day 3
GA254 - JOG-DPS - 21:05-23:25 (taking this flight so I have almost a full day in Borobudur/Amanjiwo)
Amandari
Day 4
Late afternoon transfer to Amankila
Day 5
Amankila
Day 6
Amankila
Day 7
Afternoon transfer to Amanusa
Day 8
Amanusa
Day of departure
SQ943 - DPS-SIN - 13:05-15:35 (I'm having dinner with family after which I catch a flight at midnight)

Any comments on the above plan? Should I skip Amandari completely? If so, which property should I extend by a day? I'm young so packing/unpacking/moving isn't a problem for me.

I think you should skip Amandari and add one more night to 'Jiwo - two nights is really not enough. I am young too, but don't particularly like a lot of moving around or packing/unpacking if I can avoid it. The good thing is that withe the Indonesian Amans this is not a concern as they do the packing and unpacking for you

Make sure to get a pool suite at Amanusa, in fact I might suggest a pool suite at 'Kila too, unless you prefer the ocean suites for the views. Or, if you take the Indrakila suite you can have both
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input everyone.
This is my revised plan (an extra day at Amanjiwo instead of Amandari, or should I substitute Amanusa with Amandari as well?):
Day 1
Amanjiwo
Day 2
Amanjiwo
Day 3
Amanjiwo
Day 4
GA252 - JOG-DPS - 16:15-18:35
Amankila
Day 5
Amankila
Day 6
Amankila
Day 7
Day 8
Amanusa
Day of departure
SQ943 - DPS-SIN - 13:05-15:35

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
We're doing Bali and Beyond in February/March. 10 total days... I'm still fairly young but I hate staying any place less than 1 day... We're doing 4 days at Amanjiwo, 3 at Amandari, and 3 at Amankila...

If I were you, I would drop either Amanusa or Amandari... just depends on your priorities... We are actually on the same flight from DPS-SIN and Amankila tells us that we need to leave around 9-930 to catch the flight.... if your reason for staying at Amanusa is to be close to the airport then I would skip it... however, if you want to enjoy the beach there as well I would consider skipping Amandari and spending two nights there immediately after coming from JOG, especially considering your flight arrives so late....

FDW
Thanks FlyingDoctorwu. 9-9:30 seems too early too leave a/any hotel for me. That's why I put Amanusa last since it so close to the airport. A bonus is the white sandy beach...

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I think you should skip Amandari and add one more night to 'Jiwo - two nights is really not enough. I am young too, but don't particularly like a lot of moving around or packing/unpacking if I can avoid it. The good thing is that withe the Indonesian Amans this is not a concern as they do the packing and unpacking for you

Make sure to get a pool suite at Amanusa, in fact I might suggest a pool suite at 'Kila too, unless you prefer the ocean suites for the views. Or, if you take the Indrakila suite you can have both
Thanks MikeFromTokyo. Stunning ocean views are my thing...
I think I will skip Amandari and instead add another day at Amanjiwo. I will take the early evening flight from Yogyakarta to Bali as well.
I will definitely look at a pool suite at Amanusa (you can't go to Bali without staying in a pool suite right...).
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:23 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Brilliant !

I have always enjoyed the pool suites even if the main pools at Kila & Nusa are rather spectacular .
You will often find that you are often the only ones using them
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:17 pm

Thanks for the input everyone.
This is my revised plan (an extra day at Amanjiwo instead of Amandari, or should I substitute Amanusa with Amandari as well?):
Day 1
Amanjiwo
Day 2
Amanjiwo
Day 3
Amanjiwo
Day 4
GA252 - JOG-DPS - 16:15-18:35
Amankila
Day 5
Amankila
Day 6
Amankila
Day 7
Day 8
Amanusa
Day of departure
SQ943 - DPS-SIN - 13:05-15:35

Thanks MikeFromTokyo. Stunning ocean views are my thing...
I think I will skip Amandari and instead add another day at Amanjiwo. I will take the early evening flight from Yogyakarta to Bali as well.
I will definitely look at a pool suite at Amanusa (you can't go to Bali without staying in a pool suite right...).
I agree, that is an excellent plan.

Amandari instead of nusa would also be nice, but that is a personal choice and depends on what kind of experience you want. Amanusa is a stunning resort, so you have already chosen well.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Nice plan, we are on the same flight from JOG-DPS, but heading to Amandari when we land... Looks like a nice trip.. we aren't huge beach people so that's why we are skipping Amanusa... On the way to JOG are are stopping at Prembaran which would require leaving Amanjiwo at around 1100 I think (hopefully not to early for you...)

FDW
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Nice plan, we are on the same flight from JOG-DPS, but heading to Amandari when we land... Looks like a nice trip.. we aren't huge beach people so that's why we are skipping Amanusa... On the way to JOG are are stopping at Prembaran which would require leaving Amanjiwo at around 1100 I think (hopefully not to early for you...)

FDW
Thanks FlyingDoctorwu... Read your trip report and can't wait!
Was also planning on visiting Prambanan on the way to JOG.
How did that turn out?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:01 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Thanks FlyingDoctorwu... Read your trip report and can't wait!
Was also planning on visiting Prambanan on the way to JOG.
How did that turn out?
We were there circa the volcano explosion. Because of all that fun we had to rejig the trip. We did not make it to Prambanan unfortunately (I'm not sure it had even reopened yet) because our flight from JOG ended up being at a fairly early hour (10 AM)

But, hope that you have a great time.. We did... I really ended up liking Amandari much more than I thought I would...

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.