Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Beijing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:17 pm

I am a Chinese and I've been living in Beijing for more than four years. My friends and I all go for Park Hyatt Beijing in the past years, and Rosewood is also a perfect choice. The price here is fair and PH BJ has a perfect city view.

I've almost tried all luxury hotels here in this city and PH BJ is the one I would recommend for travellers. If you wanna experience a "Chinese style" hotel, Aman is probably better, but the location is nowhere near the centre of this city-- it is located near so-called Silicon Valley of China (I know it because I live nearby).

Hope it helps!

For Shanghai, I recommend Andaz and Hyatt on the Bund. Andaz is located at the centre of SH and Hyatt on the Bund has the best view of the Bund and this city. PH is also great, but it is a bit far from the city centre and it might be a bit inconvenient.

Don't go to Westin SH.

By the way, Uber is available in both cities.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Mar 12, 2015 at 11:00 pm Reason: adjacent posts by same member
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a small reminder that this is the luxury hotel forum, to discuss most chain hotels below luxury level, consider using the appropriate forum for that chain.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just a small reminder that this is the luxury hotel forum, to discuss most chain hotels below luxury level, consider using the appropriate forum for that chain.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Which hotels mentioned in the last few replies flouted this definition ?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Which hotels mentioned in the last few replies flouted this definition ?
I was tempted to pose a similar question. The ph, for example, is certainly a luxury hotel in my book. Sure there's extensive discussion about it in the Hyatt forum, but most participants are Hyatt loyalists. Brand agnostic threads like this facilitate more balanced feedback, and it's not like posters here only want to stay in obscure boutique properties. Similarly, I think it's also okay for non luxury properties such as the Kerry to enter the conversation because some peoples' needs are better served by them than the asp or Raffles.

That having been said, I agree that the Andaz Shanghai is not relevant to this thread.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
The Beijing Capital hotel is an authentic Chinese hotel- simple and very close to Tienanmen Square.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:46 am

Ok, so i have option
Four seasons ambassador suite, with access to lounge etc. Or Rosewood, deluxe room with breakfast. Same price , what to do ???? I really dont know
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Kantargi
Ok, so i have option
Four seasons ambassador suite, with access to lounge etc. Or Rosewood, deluxe room with breakfast. Same price , what to do ???? I really dont know
I still have a hard time believing that the Rosewood --regardless of how nice the renovations are-- could possibly compare with a new construction like the FS. That having been said, I have not been yet beyond the lobby of the Rosewood since it was branded as such.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog
I still have a hard time believing that the Rosewood --regardless of how nice the renovations are-- could possibly compare with a new construction like the FS. That having been said, I have not been yet beyond the lobby of the Rosewood since it was branded as such.
I don't like the Rosewood at all. Their motto is something along the lines of: we exude a "sense of place"....I didn't find a sense of place at all. Confusing at best.

FS > Rosewood.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:05 am

Ok, so i have option
Wow that's a deal and a half you've gotten there .

For me it's still the Rosewood for an excellent product all round ( great club lounge ) . and a better location which is on the "good/ better " side of the 3 rd Ring.

Four seasons is just badly located , and its not a top notch four season property. But Since you gotten a suite with club access , its one of those "you can't refuse " deals.

Although ive never tried , its a great offer . Since you're on leisure anyway it's not such a big deal location wise ( and its also within walking distance to a subway station). So assuming the bath tub fits , pthe FourSeasons would be the more tempting and better choice based on the offerings given....the FS trumped Rosewood !!!

Last edited by bearbrick; Mar 17, 2015 at 7:13 am
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:17 am

Thank you guys (ben I sent you msg) yea, the bath tub is really must, but the suite really tempting me, also the club lounge. They have great offer, 3rd night free I think, and I'm staying 6.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:24 am

Thank you guys (ben I sent you msg) yea, the bath tub is really must, but the suite really tempting me, also the club lounge. They have great offer, 3rd night free I think, and I'm staying 6.

Glad you've sorted it out . Just a note the rosewood rooms ( even the lowest ) category are rather sizable ( a well planned junior suite size iid say ) but I assume FS suite is a higher category suite product .

Enjoy Beijing !
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by bearbrick

Four seasons is just badly located , and its not a top notch four season property. But Since you gotten a suite with club access , its one of those "you can't refuse " deals.
While I agree that proximity to both line 6 and line 10 is a big plus for the Jingguang/Rosewood, the FS is equidistant from Chaoyang Park and SLT, and there isn't much in the CBD itself for tourists.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Originally Posted by moondog
I was tempted to pose a similar question. The ph, for example, is certainly a luxury hotel in my book. Sure there's extensive discussion about it in the Hyatt forum, but most participants are Hyatt loyalists. Brand agnostic threads like this facilitate more balanced feedback, and it's not like posters here only want to stay in obscure boutique properties. Similarly, I think it's also okay for non luxury properties such as the Kerry to enter the conversation because some peoples' needs are better served by them than the asp or Raffles.

That having been said, I agree that the Andaz Shanghai is not relevant to this thread.
I agree - the Grand Hyatt in Beijing should certainly be considered a luxury hotel. The pool is exquisite and their restaurant 'Made in China' is rated one of the best (if not the best) in Beijing. I will forever remember their tasty, table-carved Peking Duck w/ chocolate hoison sauce.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: QFF SG, Kris Flyer Silver
I will be in meetings in Qianmen and have narrowed down these hotel choices:
Peninsula
Raffles
New World Beijing (closest to where I need to be and cheapest for my dates)
Grand Hyatt
Hilton WFJ

As this is my first time in Beijing, I would like to have a look at some sights whilst I am here (Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace). This will be in early June ?too hot to walk. Ideally somewhere easy to catch taxi, subways and with good local restaurants nearby. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by SYD-YYZ
I will be in meetings in Qianmen and have narrowed down these hotel choices:
Peninsula
Raffles
New World Beijing (closest to where I need to be and cheapest for my dates)
Grand Hyatt
Hilton WFJ

As this is my first time in Beijing, I would like to have a look at some sights whilst I am here (Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace). This will be in early June ?too hot to walk. Ideally somewhere easy to catch taxi, subways and with good local restaurants nearby. Thanks in advance.
Of those choices, I would go with the GH because of the mall (which has a good food court some decent restaurants), the pool, and the subway station (though line 1 won't get you to Qianmen, and transferring is dumb... almost better to walk from Wangfujing itself or Tiananmen East, which is one stop away).

The Raffles is just across the (small) street from Oriental Plaza, so the location is basically the same as the GH. I just don't like that hotel very much (subjective, I know).

Meanwhile, the Penn and Hilton are about 5-10 minutes away to the north. Of these two, I prefer the Hilton because it is newer, but the GH still wins in terms of convenience factor.

That brings us to the New World. Nice hotel, and I suppose it's nice to be close to your work place, but the location is pretty poor IMO.

In terms of walking around Beijing in June, sure it gets hot, but it's usually a dry heat, so bearable. I happen to enjoy Beijing summers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.