Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

Aman Canal Grande Venice

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Aman Canal Grande Venice

Calle Tiepolo Baiamonte Venice, IT 30125

Aman Canal Grande Venice (0 Photo)

Aman Canal Grande Venice

Sorry for the belated report... Had too much work, and the new FT ad banners were annoying and incredibly slow to refresh. I have abit more free time now to capture some of my thoughts below.

The Aman Venice is stunning. It rivals the Four Seasons Florence in restoration; and I am a huge fan of the Four Seasons Florence. We booked a 5 night stay at the palazzo stanza room ("The Palazzo Stanza features spectacular views of the Grand Canal and many have wonderful architectural details. The majority are located between the second and fifth levels of the palazzo"), and was upgrade to the sansovino stanza ("This stanza was originally called ‘The Hall of the Four Doors’. Noteworthy architectural details include wood panelling, a painted frieze around the walls and a carved ceiling. It also has the most historical fireplace in the palazzo, designed by Jacopo d’Antonio Sansovino, one of Venice’s most famous architects in the early 16th century.") There are 25 rooms in the hotel, with 7 different public sitting areas. Everything about the hotel design and artwork was exceptional. We especially liked the mixture of classical rooms with modern clean line B+B furniture.

Highlights

1) If you are going to stay and pay the prices that the hotel command, do pay extra to get the signature accommodation - as these rooms/suites are located in the main building and have unique architectural features, high ceilings,and offer the opulent and rich tapestry, curtains, and silk wallpapers. As our room was not ready when we arrived, they gave us a regular room to use in the newer building, and while nice, was too modern and lacked any historical charm - it could have been any modern hotel.

2) Tour all the public places in this hotel - they are magnificent - lots of hidden public sitting area which are quiet and exude comfort. Find a book to read and sit in a different room everyday. (There are 7 public sitting areas).

3) Have the hotel coffee made from the machine at the bar - fantastic local coffee 

4) They have 6 different rooms for eating - The red dining room, the yellow dinning room, the living room dinning room, the bar room, the 3rd floor lounge, outdoor dinning

5) Splurge on the airport pickup and return - when we were there, they had contracted out to 3rd party because the second house boat was not ready. Very pleasant way to be guided through the entire process.

6) Rent the hotel boat for the day - includes driver and a fantastic way to see all of venice by water. We booked a whole day trip and explored the outer islands.

7) Have a drink at the bar- the hotel gives you great canapes with your drinks

Low points

1) Breakfast was ordinary for what you get. Our price included breakfast so it did not matter. There was nothing unique about breakfast.

2) Dinner was uninspiring - there are better Italian food locally. I was not a fan of having thai food in Italy where the local Italian food is so much nicer.

3) There are only 2 rooms that have direct canal view at the front of the hotel. The other "canal" view rooms overlook the front garden in the foreground and canal in the far background.

Gym

The multitude of sitting areas (7 in total)

The grounds...

Room

Our Suite for the 5 days...

Dining

The restaurant...

Aman Canal Grande Venice

Would you like to write a review on the Aman Canal Grande Venice?

No, thank you.
Yes

Last edited by IBgkim; Nov 12, 2014 at 1:33 pm
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:14 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Fabulous! Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

Beautiful. I like a property with space. I like a property with a range of comfortable seating areas. Your pictures showed this has all that. Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Wow... So Gorgeous!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:55 pm

Wow! wonderful photographs and gives a better sense of place than those on website ^
looking forward to your written part of report!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:06 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by halibahs
Wow! wonderful photographs and gives a better sense of place than those on website ^
looking forward to your written part of report!
^ ^

Thanks much from us at Amanpuri !

Waiting for the completed report - enjoy posting !!
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Holy $&@#! La Serenissima. Great photos. Wish I was was there. Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fantastic pictures!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:45 am

ACfly - your superb pictures are the first I've seen to really convey what this Aman is like. The first pictures to make me want to go there! Many thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
ACfly - your superb pictures are the first I've seen to really convey what this Aman is like. The first pictures to make me want to go there! Many thanks.
Absolutely agree with this, and if you do a search, you'll know I've NOT been the biggest fan.

Which suite is yours, may I ask?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:17 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Beautiful pictures. Just wow. Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
These are the first photos I've seen that make me want to go!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:43 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Wow.... thanks, ACfly; wonderful pictures. I'm not the biggest fan of Venice, but this property just might prompt me to make a return visit.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:11 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
These are the first photos I've seen that make me want to go!
Concur. I've not been a huge fan either, but these pictures really are fantastic. The place looks amazing.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 am
Community Director Emerita

Pictures have been added. It's worthwhile to scroll thru all of them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.