Search

Amex FHR Ritz Carlton Battery Park, NYC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, United Gold
Amex FHR Ritz Carlton Battery Park, NYC

Hi,

I am staying at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park in Manhattan in December for three nights and I booked through the Amex FHR site for the first time. I am particularly interested about how the free breakfast and $100 credit work. I will be using the $100 credit at the hotel restaurant. Do I put the restaurant bill on the room and it gets credited at checkout?

And for the breakfast, is there a certain dollar limit I can spend, or a certain type of breakfast that is included in the FHR plan? I'm just curious and thought I would post here before calling Amex or the hotel.

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, Diotallevi!

Exactly what the breakfast benefit works out to varies by hotel. You can ask at check-in or if you want to know beforehand, call the hotel. I have seen it vary from a continental breakfast in the dining room to a full breakfast served either in the dining room or by room service.

If the $100 is a hotel or food/beverage credit, yes, you just charge the bill to your room and the credit is deducted at checkout.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Thanks for the info RichardInSF . I'll ask at the front desk when I check in.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I just stayed this week and my $100 was just applied to my bill. Have you completed your stay yet? Interested to know your impressions as I was not impressed.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:31 am
Original Poster

I thought the hotel itself was just OK. I would stay there again for three nights $295/night + third night free, but I wouldn't pay more.

I only used $95 at the restaurant and they credited me the full $100 anyway. And the free breakfast for two is supposed to be continental only, but they credited me for the full amount everyday of, can't think of the name, but eggs, sausage, home fries, etc. So it seems as if the crediting is automatic. They did try to charge me twice for an already overpriced bottle of sparkling water, so I would recommend you check the check before you throw your credit card down to pay for a meal.

The main reason I would stay there again is that I like the Battery Park area more than midtown. More breathing room and the subway will get you anywhere you need to be.

Last edited by Diotallevi; May 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:27 pm

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park, New York City on a buy 2 get 1 night free offer. I was not upgraded ("hotel fully committed"), breakfast was a continental breakfast (assortment of pastries with coffee and orange juice) although its $19 value could be applied to other breakfast options. Service was good although reserved. Air conditioning was a bit tepid. All and all, it was a solid value for a net effective pre-tax cost of $230, but I am not sure I would rush back unless a similar deal was available. I posted some pictures and more detail on my website.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:19 am

Maybe the hotel has changed since I last stayed there in '09, but it isn't a 5-star hotel. It's a very nice one, but nothing about it stood out to make it a must-return.

For about $250-300 it isn't a bad deal though--a little far from Central Park, but not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.