London Luxury Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Looks like it:

Seems 13th February is the first date that can be booked. Might be possible with the right contacts to get pre-opening availability. Base price room at £400/n, which I can't decide if reasonable or not, as it's anywhere near the, let's say, established parts of London.
When FS PL reopened opening Special was 205 GBP. Times changed. Not impressed by location of Trinity, so guess it´s not a reason to travel to London soon.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
When FS PL reopened opening Special was 205 GBP. Times changed. Not impressed by location of Trinity, so guess it´s not a reason to travel to London soon.
Indeed. It has a Shangri-La feeling to it, in that the hotel may well be wonderful, but if you plan on leaving the hotel you're 30 minutes away from anything worthwhile. I assume it is aimed at business rather than leisure travellers, what with being close to the City and London's tech hub, so not sure how much appeal it will ultimately have on these forums. My office is only 15 minutes away, so I'll probably try it out one night before/after work.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
so I'll probably try it out one night before/after work.
That´s exemplary for a good Flyertalker
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

20% off opening offer currently
89 rooms, 11 suites, 14m pool
9 of 11 suites on ground floor
41 residences, members club

current rates with (20% off) >
(344)430 (400)500 575 28-34m2
(376)470 (440)550 630 30-45m2
(408)510 (480)600 690 33-49m2
(448)560 (520)650 750 53-67m2 [+ 120 > 175]
_______________1290 65m2 heritage
_______________1730 100m2 trinity
_______________3150 135m2 / 145m2 grand
___________________ 175m2 presidential

___________________ 89m2 deluxe

(344)430 feb - apr 16
(400)500 apr 17-24
(460)575 apr 25-27
500 apr 28-30
575 may 1

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 30, 2016 at 8:53 am
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
20% off opening offer currently
So more or less a normal prepaid rate
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:12 pm

I'm doing a 1 night stay at the Lanesborough soon when I'm in London for work. My normal London residence is 45PL but I've decided to give the Lanesborough a try for a change. Has anybody got any experience of it post refurbishment? Pre-arrival communication and experience has so far been exemplary. Booked through my Oetker Pearl Partner travel agent so have received a one category guaranteed upgrade.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jonjparr
I'm doing a 1 night stay at the Lanesborough soon when I'm in London for work. My normal London residence is 45PL but I've decided to give the Lanesborough a try for a change. Has anybody got any experience of it post refurbishment? Pre-arrival communication and experience has so far been exemplary. Booked through my Oetker Pearl Partner travel agent so have received a one category guaranteed upgrade.
Not a huge fan - so many good LON options and this isn't even in my top 10.

I think it's simultaneously boring, yet over the top. I know that sounds like a weird combo, but that's the vibe I get.

It definitely works for the right client, but of course, I don't know your style

And yes - the pre-arrival team/reservations/sales is AMAZING.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by jonjparr
The rooms are quirky and a bit over the top and there are not enough suites, but otherwise, this is an excellent hotel with great service and food, even in the Bar.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:55 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
The rooms are quirky and a bit over the top and there are not enough suites, but otherwise, this is an excellent hotel with great service and food, even in the Bar.
The Celeste Restaurant at the Lanesborough London has won their first Michelin star today. Congrats.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
The Celeste Restaurant at the Lanesborough London has won their first Michelin star today. Congrats.
Thoroughly deserved too - I've had a few great meals there. It's a stunning setting, not just for dinner but breakfast too. The Lanesborough probably offers my favourite breakfast in London. Just wish the rooms didn't look like someone with a yellow paintball gun had gone AWOL.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:37 am

A slightly lukewarm review by Andy Hayler of Celeste which is overseen by the chef who runs the three-star Epicure at the Bristol in Paris -

http://www.andyhayler.com/restaurant/celeste

I do wish these chefs would abandon these tasting menus. Personally, I loathe them because it's all about the convenience of the kitchen over the pleasure of the diner. I'm heartened that Claude Bosi of the now closed two-starMichelin Hibiscus will re-open in new premises with a traditional a la carte.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:50 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Pausanias
A slightly lukewarm review by Andy Hayler of Celeste which is overseen by the chef who runs the three-star Epicure at the Bristol in Paris -

http://www.andyhayler.com/restaurant/celeste

I do wish these chefs would abandon these tasting menus. Personally, I loathe them because it's all about the convenience of the kitchen over the pleasure of the diner. I'm heartened that Claude Bosi of the now closed two-starMichelin Hibiscus will re-open in new premises with a traditional a la carte.
How Bibendum Finally Plans to Win a Michelin Star

Claude Bosi won two Michelin stars at Hibiscus. He's now switching to London's most fabulous restaurant building and wants to take it to the next level.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ding-in-london

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:14 am

That's fabulous news! Bibendum is indeed a wonderful venue.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pausanias
That's fabulous news! Bibendum is indeed a wonderful venue.
The building is great! We will see if he reach his goal. Normally at least one star should be easy after earning 2 in the past.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:16 pm

Currently in The Berkeley for our first stay in well over a year and since they did their major refurb. After much begging and the reception team constantly pushing back by saying they could not guarantee it (even though I've stayed over 150 times between The Berkeley + The Connaught), they did give me a first floor room. I had a tour a few months ago and really wanted to stay in one of the rooms afterwards and feel I made the wise choice. The Berkeley still remains most obscure for the fact that you now have so many different room types within a single hotel; the first floor is all Japanese design, the second floor like some sex dungeon, traditional designs on other floors and then god knows what elsewhere. Still, makes it interesting.

Will do a full write-up at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.