Tomorrow we're staying at The Goring.
How was your stay at The Goring?

Thanks MacMyDay for your insights. Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
I think I will have a problem with those "wall tiles"....
Itīs special. Not sure if I like it, I think I must see it in real.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by offerendum
Itīs special. Not sure if I like it, I think I must see it in real.
Indeed, the design feels special and of high quality/caliber. While we haven't stayed at Cafe Royal just yet, it's on our list too.

The Set Collection to which the Cafe Royal belongs aims to be different, but not for the sake of being different alone.

The Conservatiorium in Amsterdam also belongs to the Set Collection, as does the Lutetia in Paris, which is under renovation at this time.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by uggboy
How was your stay at The Goring?

Thanks MacMyDay for your insights. Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
We're here right now, so I'll write up some thoughts on it tomorrow or the day after.

As everyone seems to be enjoying the photos, here's The Roosevelt Suite from The Beaumont, which is their penthouse. We stayed here at the end of July, just a few days before The Apartment at The Connaught. As you'll see if you read my views on The Beaumont throughout this thread, I've grown rather fond of this hotel, having been invited to stay pre-opening and not loving it as I was hoping I would. I won't add anything that I've not already said, as whether you stay in their cheapest room or most expensive, you have the same facilities and their service is the best within London anyway, so you can't really ask for it to improve.

The Roosevelt Suite does allow you to take up the entire floor, which would make it 5 bedrooms, but I don't know of more than 1 person who likes me and I'm unable to even imagine having 4 other friends, so we were just left with it as a 1 bedroom. The room itself is stunning, although I prefer lighter colours than are in use here - it feels too dark for my liking. The only disappointment is the size of the master bedroom, which is almost identical to what it is in their Mayfair Suites or even Deluxe Rooms. It feels a shame for their showcase suite to not have gone for something a bit more grand. Its main feature is that it leads onto the balcony, but we all know that you'll only want to use that balcony in England for about 3 days each year.

Sometimes the room makes your stay, but with The Beaumont I think you would be happy regardless of what room you have.

Entrance

Some bloke. Don't think it's the butler.

Guest bathroom

Main living room

Main living room

Desk area in living room

Welcome macaroons

Dining room

Kitchen

Bathroom

Bathroom #2. Not literally, that would not be a pleasant photo.

Bedroom

How to make me feel important - security in a place that no one could get to anyway

Balcony

Balcony

Balcony

Evening balcony view

Morning balcony view

Free minibar
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:38 pm
Community Director Emerita

Wonderful pictures.

What is the view from your balcony? I looked up the hotel location on google maps, but can't figure it out.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Wonderful pictures.

What is the view from your balcony? I looked up the hotel location on google maps, but can't figure it out.
Thanks

It's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Hart_Gardens

If the building was a bit taller, directly to the left you would be able to see Selfridges. It is incredible that you are so close to the busiest shopping street in the UK, yet when you walk down the road to The Beaumont you feel miles away from it.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Thanks MacMyDay, the Beaumont seems like an incredible hotel all around. Memorable. We look now forward to your Goring images/review.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Sometimes the room makes your stay, but with The Beaumont I think you would be happy regardless of what room you have.
I guess I would be satisfied with the Roosevelt Suite
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
We're here right now, so I'll write up some thoughts on it tomorrow or the day after.

As everyone seems to be enjoying the photos, here's The Roosevelt Suite from The Beaumont, which is their penthouse. We stayed here at the end of July, just a few days before The Apartment at The Connaught.
You most definitely travel in style Sir. ^ Enjoy your insights and your hotel pics.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by uggboy
Indeed, the design feels special and of high quality/caliber. While we haven't stayed at Cafe Royal just yet, it's on our list too.

The Set Collection to which the Cafe Royal belongs aims to be different, but not for the sake of being different alone.

The Conservatiorium in Amsterdam also belongs to the Set Collection, as does the Lutetia in Paris, which is under renovation at this time.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
I tried the Cafe Royal recently. Though the David Chipperfield design is rigorous, I found the rooms to be a bit too cold in feel (not temperature). Also did not think that the service was at a level of places like the Connaught, and the public spaces are just strange. I understand that they had to preserve the restaurant, of course. I wouldn't go back. I have stayed at the Conservatorium which I do quite like, though.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:56 am

Totally agree with MacMyDay about The Beaumont - superb service no matter what room or suite you take. Best boutique hotel in London right now.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by grumbler
Also did not think that the service was at a level of places like the Connaught.
I don't disagree with you there. There were certainly some lapses in service when we were there, even with everyone apparently on best behaviour, but I would give them another chance as they're on a hiring spree at the moment to bring in more established and better trained management.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:21 pm

So, The Goring. I will do a better write-up on this (currently in the Singapore lounge after a 13 hour flight, so can just about spell my own name right now), but in summary: truly excellent service that matches and often exceeds anywhere else in London, underwhelming food, beautiful gardens, uncompetitive hard product (it truly is a boutique hotel) and a location that you'll either love or hate.

Entrance

Reception area

Concierge desk

Bar

Lounge

Bedroom

Bedroom

They don't call it Tech City for no reason

Some creature that probably comes to life at night.

Worlds smallest bathroom

Chocolates

Duck rillette

Ducks in the garden - hopefully not related to the rillette.

Hotel from garden

Garden

Lobby area

Lobby area

Bar decoration

Main entrance

Dining room

Pastry selection
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:01 am

[QUOTE=MacMyDay;27113674]

Evening balcony view

Morning balcony view

The building in the immediate foreground, on Brown Hart Gardens, is perhaps London's most elegant and discreet power station, complete with its own roof terrace, recently refurbished.

Mac - Have you ever bracketed photos with three different exposures to make a HDR image? That way you avoid the heavy light and shade of these two shots. But you need a tripod and cable release.

Have a good trip to Melanesia and we all look forward to your postcards.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Goring is really special. Not sure if itīs mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.