London Luxury Hotel

Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Are there any luxury apartment style hotels in London that cater to short stay guests and in a good location? Important to have kitchenette and washing machine. Been trying to google but can't find anything suitable. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Are there any luxury apartment style hotels in London that cater to short stay guests and in a good location? Important to have kitchenette and washing machine. Been trying to google but can't find anything suitable. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Atheneum was always a good choice in a good location.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Try Grosvenor House Apartments by Jumeirah Living - it fits what your said your requirements are.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:03 pm

Not sure if this would fulfil your criteria, but we won a weekend here at a FT event a few weeks ago, although I've not had a chance to go there yet: http://www.clubapartments.co.uk/apartments
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:28 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Read / skimmed somewhere that Fraser Suites is launching or has just launched a few serviced apartments in Kensington in collaboration with Mercedes . Trying to recall on which flight I read the article & what apartments are called . From or was $2000 / week .
Will have helped if was ready for RWC , perhaps soft launched ?
Go ABs :-:
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Read / skimmed somewhere that Fraser Suites is launching or has just launched a few serviced apartments in Kensington in collaboration with Mercedes . Trying to recall on which flight I read the article & what apartments are called . From or was $2000 / week .
Will have helped if was ready for RWC , perhaps soft launched ?
Go ABs :-:
Yes I found that. But unfortunately it was fully booked during the period I will be going, which will be just after Wimbeldon next year and room rates of hotels are off the charts. I found Cheval Residence near London Towers which looks quite nice.

Think may have to go for properties a bit more out of the way. What's the consensus here about Firmdale properties, ie Covent Garden?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:45 am

Yes I found that. But unfortunately it was fully booked during the period I will be going, which will be just after Wimbeldon next year and room rates of hotels are off the charts. I found Cheval Residence near London Towers which looks quite nice.

Think may have to go for properties a bit more out of the way. What's the consensus here about Firmdale properties, ie Covent Garden?
Not all Firmdale properties are equal. The older hotels tend to be the best for service - Covent Garden Hotel standing out from the rest. The newer hotels, particularly Ham Yard, although with great apartments, do not offer the same level of service, in my experience.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Atheneum was always a good choice in a good location.
Agreed.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Not all Firmdale properties are equal. The older hotels tend to be the best for service - Covent Garden Hotel standing out from the rest. The newer hotels, particularly Ham Yard, although with great apartments, do not offer the same level of service, in my experience.
I agree. Our room at the Ham Yard had a bottle full of cigarette butts in the balcony when we checked in, and rather clueless staff. Haymarket was better, but nowhere near as good as the Beaumont. I do believe Ham Yard has opened some flats for let above the hotel (not sure of minimum stays though), so if you're mainly self-catering anyway, it might be an OK option. Edit: found it, it's called One Denman Place: http://onedenmanplace.com/about

I believe OneFineStay also has some nicer properties for holiday rental, although, again, I cannot personally vouch for them.

Last edited by Buster; Oct 26, 2015 at 5:52 pm Reason: fixed an error, found website
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:20 am

We stayed at The Beaumont this weekend in a Mayfair Suite with balcony, whilst my girlfriends brother stayed just next door in a Classic Suite. The Mayfair Suite has a private balcony that in warmer months would be fantastic for an evening meal/drinks. Each room has its own separate living room, but the Mayfair Suite is substantially bigger. I forgot to take my camera, as I rarely expect to take photos of anything whilst in London anymore, so these were all taken on my phone of the Mayfair Suite and are not great: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...57661814294784

We only stayed pre-opening previously, at the invite of the Front Office Manager (ex Connaught), whereas now the new GM (ex Connaught...a theme is taking place and also ex Le Bristol) has taken over, we decided to give it another go. I had lunch with the GM last week and whilst I didn't like the food the first time we visited, I've completely changed my mind on it now and think it's fantastic. I would go out of my way to eat here and will now consider it a regular, even if we're not staying. Breakfast is unbelievably good too and incredible value for money. For 3 of us it cost 41, whereas 5 minutes walk away in The Connaught you would be lucky to escape less with a charge of less than 40 per person. Tell me where you can get a sausage sandwich in Mayfair for 5.50? Not only that, but it's portion size is enough to actually be considered an entire breakfast, rather than needing to order 3 other dishes.

The main thing that stands out is excellent service and the generosity of the place. Above, Buster mentioned about being greeted by name, and in our case every single staff knew our names too (although I will accept in this rare case it is because of who I am). Free mini-bar, free movies, free Internet, free snacks, free games in your room that you can even take home with you.

My main view is that The Connaught is still a much better hotel with better service and amenities. It only costs about 50/n more for a basic room at certain times of the year, but if you start to add up the additional costs of room service, mini bar, food, spa treatments etc, it would in fact end up at hundreds a night more. For a 3 night stay in The Connaught, I believe you could spend 4 nights at The Beaumont for significantly cheaper. Alas, I will still be returning to The Connaught, but will return in a few months time once the GM has put his stamp on it and see if some of the suggestions I've put forward can be implemented.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, Amex Plat
We stayed at the Four Seasons Park Lane this weekend. Absolutely delighted with it, we booked through Ourisman travel and were upgraded from a deluxe King room (one level above standard) to an enormous deluxe one bedroom suite with terrace. The walk in wardrobe was bigger than some rooms I've stayed in in London in the past.

The staff are genuinely warm and friendly with amazing attention to detail. We were addressed by name by every staff member we saw, it's spooky how they manage to do that but it really makes a difference.

My other half spent a couple of hours in the spa there while I was on the train down and proclaimed it the nicest one she's ever been in.

In room breakfast was pretty good and the mini bar selection excellent.

All in all it was a pretty faultless stay - loved the complimentary Rolls Royce to go out for dinner. Even without the upgrade we'd have been really happy but to get a suite which would have cost over 2000 MORE for a night was the icing on an already delightful cake.

We will definitely be back.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:33 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any recent experiences at the Taj Buckingham Gate. Looking at a one night stay near Victoria for the Gatwick Express....

thanks
FDW
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any recent experiences at the Taj Buckingham Gate. Looking at a one night stay near Victoria for the Gatwick Express....

thanks
FDW
I've never stayed there, but 41 is a good hotel right near Victoria. The Berkeley and Lanesborough are also within a 10 minute walk of the station.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I've never stayed there, but 41 is a good hotel right near Victoria. The Berkeley and Lanesborough are also within a 10 minute walk of the station.
Considering the price, I didn't care for 41 that much. The location was okay, but I prefer Knightsbridge/Mayfair because it's less crowded with tourist shops and the like.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by op487062
Considering the price, I didn't care for 41 that much. The location was okay, but I prefer Knightsbridge/Mayfair because it's less crowded with tourist shops and the like.
Are there really that much tourists? Its near the FSPL and I never had a problem with crowds here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.