Six Senses Yao Noi (beyond Phuket)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Six Senses Yao Noi (beyond Phuket)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I've just spotted this report - and glad I did. It looks like a lovely property.

Thanks for the wonderful pics and descriptions!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TalkFlyer
About the out door shower, it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially for those who afraid of bugs!
Mosquito is another problem, I had 30+ bites on my feet for 3 nights stay!
The outdoor shower is very nice for magazine photo shoots and very impractical in reality. I really tire of resorts with the outdoor shower as like you I end up with at least a few mosquito bites.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The outdoor shower is very nice for magazine photo shoots and very impractical in reality. I really tire of resorts with the outdoor shower as like you I end up with at least a few mosquito bites.
I SO agree with you about this. Can't stand outdoor-shower-only resorts.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:14 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Outdoor shower is great as long as there is an indoor one as well. At this price point, having only an outdoor shower is not acceptable.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xracer
Outdoor shower is great as long as there is an indoor one as well. At this price point, having only an outdoor shower is not acceptable.
Agreed. And outdoor toilet we can just skip all together- unless it is camping in the outback.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Yes, there are both indoor & outdoor showers in the villa & a nice indoor bathtub.

But the indoor toilet is NOT air-conditioned with a small exhaust fan... sweating when you...!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by TalkFlyer
Yes, there are both indoor & outdoor showers in the villa & a nice indoor bathtub.

But the indoor toilet is NOT air-conditioned with a small exhaust fan... sweating when you...!

Not good in the tropics !
Designers playing a joke on guests & owners ??!

So one has to shower & quickly dry off in air conditioning?
That's how some catch chills on holidays ..

At least , for e.g. Amanusa & Amandari , Aman has the expected sense to have it air conditioned indoors .
Trisara too.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:27 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Do you forgive FS Tented Camp for their choice of outdoor only showers?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
No.

The tents were great and it was a great experience, but I do not feel the need to ever go back. It's just too expensive for what it is and what it offers.

But let's be clear, at the Tented Camp, while the shower is outside, the rest of the bathroom area is not. At Yao Noi, while the bathroom area is technically 'indoor', it is also completely open air and not air conditioned. I can deal with an outdoor shower if after, I can dry off and change in an area that is not filled with flying bugs.

Last edited by xracer; Jun 5, 2013 at 9:14 pm
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:14 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

FWIW, Six Senses Yao Noi seems to be doing some refurbishments this summer and all ocean view accommodation will get enclosed, air-conditioned bathrooms. They are also refurbishing the Hilltop Reserve, turning the former 4BR villa into a full-scale F&B outlet.

Link
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
FWIW, Six Senses Yao Noi seems to be doing some refurbishments this summer and all ocean view accommodation will get enclosed, air-conditioned bathrooms. They are also refurbishing the Hilltop Reserve, turning the former 4BR villa into a full-scale F&B outlet.

Link
This is excellent news! Thanks for posting. Hopefully this is indicative that the 'new' Six Senses is placing more emphasis on the comfort level of their guests.

And I like how they are giving the choice to guests - to either leave the bathroom open air or to use the air conditioning.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by ABG
Yes, I love the outdoor showers and, interestingly, never found them to be buggy, unlike the Six Senses outdoor bathrooms. The tub and vanities are inside at FS, so your toiletries don't melt!
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by vienna-resident

Link
Fantastic news. Since Yao Noi has much more spectacular views then the Phuket resorts - but the buggy sweaty unaesthetic bath/toilet situation was a complete letdown...

So now it will be back on the map - very good!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:17 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Very nice report. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deer
Fantastic news. Since Yao Noi has much more spectacular views then the Phuket resorts - but the buggy sweaty unaesthetic bath/toilet situation was a complete letdown...

So now it will be back on the map - very good!
Thank goodness. I had crossed it off for our September trip. Back on now.
:-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.