Reload this Page >

New thread for "unusually good" deals at luxury locales

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New thread for "unusually good" deals at luxury locales

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Corinthia London

The Corinithia in London is one of the most underrated undervalued luxury hotels out there. If they hadn't had such a difficult opening with bad publicity surrounding their owners at I think this place would be commanding top dollar. Usually a flag change is a potential revenue changer for a hotel but in this case a new owner may be what makes the difference. I wish we could take advantage of this 2/3 deal. Its a steal.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
The Corinithia in London is one of the most underrated undervalued luxury hotels out there. If they hadn't had such a difficult opening with bad publicity surrounding their owners at I think this place would be commanding top dollar. Usually a flag change is a potential revenue changer for a hotel but in this case a new owner may be what makes the difference. I wish we could take advantage of this 2/3 deal. Its a steal.
I completely agree -- the Corinthia is entirely underrated. Very, very good food at Massimo, and high spec rooms in a superb location. Gorgeous public areas, high quality facilities -- it's a steal, and easily one of London's best. (I prefer the Bulgari, but will definitely stay at the Corinthia again, preferring it . . . brace yourselves . . . to the Four Seasons, 45 Park Lane, the Connaught, the Dorchester, etc.)
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Groombridge
I completely agree -- the Corinthia is entirely underrated. Very, very good food at Massimo, and high spec rooms in a superb location. Gorgeous public areas, high quality facilities -- it's a steal, and easily one of London's best. (I prefer the Bulgari, but will definitely stay at the Corinthia again, preferring it . . . brace yourselves . . . to the Four Seasons, 45 Park Lane, the Connaught, the Dorchester, etc.)
Well, I tend to agree with you. Corinthia is hugely underrated with excellent staff and beautiful suites, especially the two-levels, but even Juniors are really nice with great bathrooms. I thought food was OK, but nothing too special, but I would still stay there again. I really like the little courtyard, too.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
Great Peninsula Deal - Book with your PenClub Agent.

THIRD NIGHT'S ON US
The Peninsula invites your clients to stay longer with its “Third Night’s On Us” offer valid from 1 December 2014 to 31 January 2015. Your clients will enjoy an complimentary third night when booking a two-night stay at participating hotels on select room types with details below:

The Peninsula New York
Grand Luxe Room
Junior Executive Suite / Junior Suite / Executive Suite / Deluxe Suite
Black-out dates: 3, 4, 9-11, 24-31 December 2014 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Chicago
Superior Room / Deluxe Room / Grand Deluxe Room
Executive Suite / Junior Suite / Deluxe Suite
Black-out dates: 2-5 December 2014 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Hong Kong
Deluxe Courtyard Room / Grand Deluxe Kowloon Room / Grand Deluxe Harbour View Room
Superior Suite / Deluxe Suite / Superior, Deluxe & Grand Deluxe Harbour View Suite
Black-out dates: 29 December 2014 - 3 January 2015 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Shanghai
Deluxe River Suite / Grand Deluxe Suite / Grand Deluxe River Suite
Black-out dates: 31 December 2014 / 23 & 24 January 2015 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Beijing
Deluxe Room / Grand Deluxe Room / Club Grand Deluxe City & Courtyard Room
Executive Suite / Duplex Suite / Deluxe Suite / Beijing Suite
Black-out dates: 1-31 January 2015 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Tokyo
Executive Suite / Deluxe Suite
Black-out dates: 1 December 2014 - 3 January 2015 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Bangkok
Deluxe Room / Grand Deluxe Room / Balcony Room
Deluxe Suite / Grand Deluxe Suite
Added value benefit : One bottle of Peninsula Sparkling Wine per stay and for guests staying in a suite will enjoy THB2500 (~USD75) dining credit per adult per stay
Black-out dates: 23 December 2014 - 2 January 2015 (inclusive)

The Peninsula Manila
All room types
All suites except The Peninsula Suite
Black-out dates: 31 December 2014

Terms & Conditions

A minimum of two consecutive night's stay is required to enjoy the third night complimentary
Rates are subject to local prevailing tax and service charges

Last edited by RichardInSF; Nov 14, 2014 at 6:15 pm Reason: Slight reformat to make hotel names stand out better
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Online Charity Auctions offer unusually good deals

There are two charity auctions that are relevant to this thread, one live and finishing dec 2014 and the other going live 1 Jan 2015 and finishing 31st March 2015.

Both offer some very good items (luxury hotels nights etc) to bid on and from experience the hotel nights tend to go for 50%-75% of the actual value. I bid and won 2 nights at the Hilton in Venice for about 30% of its value 2 years ago in one of these auctions so they are worth bidding on if you fancy any of hotel stays:

The links are (live now):
http://www.businesstraveller.com/auctions

Pre Charity Auction prize list (this is my own blog and closes 31st March):
http://www.luxurytraveldiary.com/201...uction-launch/
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CanfordCliffs,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...otels-etc.html

someone also pointed out harper auctions had improved at one point
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:13 pm

Business Traveller Auction & Luxury Travel Diary Auction

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
CanfordCliffs,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...otels-etc.html

someone also pointed out harper auctions had improved at one point
Ha! I'm impressed - a $40,000 holiday! I thought our team was doing really well sourcing our wonderful $8,000 Tides Reach Fiji holiday and Coco Maldives stay!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:40 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
50% off suites at Capella Washington DC -- valid until 31 March 2015. Capella DC is also Virtuoso.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Not sure if these are "unusually" good, but here goes nothing:

- Upgrade at time of booking from Deluxe King to 1-bedroom Suite at Trump Chicago [12/6 - 2/28]

- 4th night free at FS Singapore + V amenities [now until 2/28]

- RC Vienna 3rd night free in Nov., Jan., Feb.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very good deal for 45 Park Lane if anyone is headed over to London:
3 Nights for the Price of 2
3 Nights for the Price of 2 at 45 Park Lane

Our 3 Nights for the Price of 2 offer is the perfect excuse to stay and enjoy a complimentary night of luxury with us. Book a room or suite at the Dorchester Collection hotel of your choice for three or more consecutive nights and the third night is complimentary.

Rates from

£475 per room per night £835 per suite per night

This offer is available for stays between December 7 2014 – April 12 2015 inclusive on all room types and is subject to limited availability.

45 Park Lane, London
This luxurious, state-of-the-art hotel is just steps away from sister hotel,The Dorchester. Each of the spacious rooms and suites enjoys captivating views of Hyde Park, including the spectacular Penthouse Suite with its panoramic views of London. The hotel is also home to CUT at 45 Park Lane – Wolfgang Puck’s debut restaurant in Europe.

Terms & conditions
Bookings must be made by midnight February 28, 2015. Offer is subject to availability and excludes New Year’s Eve. Offer valid when booking in increments of three consecutive nights in the same room type. Any additional nights will be charged at the best available rate at the time of booking . Rate is per room or suite, per night, based on double occupancy. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions . Does not apply to existing bookings or group bookings of eight or more rooms.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Peninsula House- Dominican Republic

Just got an email from Peninsula House.

US$ 395 a night + taxes.

2 Person Jr. Suite with continental breakfast

2 night minimum

Full payment upon reservation, non-refundable

Booking window till December 1st

Full details here:
https://madmimi.com/p/8db495?fe=1&pact=26422627567
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alpha
Just got an email from Peninsula House.

US$ 395 a night + taxes.

2 Person Jr. Suite with continental breakfast

2 night minimum

Full payment upon reservation, non-refundable

Booking window till December 1st

Full details here:
https://madmimi.com/p/8db495?fe=1&pact=26422627567
And only valid for stays up until December 15, so not much of a deal!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
And only valid for stays up until December 15, so not much of a deal!
It's something of a deal compared to their regular rates, albeit a very short-lived deal.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Very good deal for 45 Park Lane if anyone is headed over to London:
3 Nights for the Price of 2
3 Nights for the Price of 2 at 45 Park Lane

Our 3 Nights for the Price of 2 offer is the perfect excuse to stay and enjoy a complimentary night of luxury with us. Book a room or suite at the Dorchester Collection hotel of your choice for three or more consecutive nights and the third night is complimentary.

Rates from

£475 per room per night £835 per suite per night

This offer is available for stays between December 7 2014 – April 12 2015 inclusive on all room types and is subject to limited availability.

45 Park Lane, London
This luxurious, state-of-the-art hotel is just steps away from sister hotel,The Dorchester. Each of the spacious rooms and suites enjoys captivating views of Hyde Park, including the spectacular Penthouse Suite with its panoramic views of London. The hotel is also home to CUT at 45 Park Lane – Wolfgang Puck’s debut restaurant in Europe.

Terms & conditions
Bookings must be made by midnight February 28, 2015. Offer is subject to availability and excludes New Year’s Eve. Offer valid when booking in increments of three consecutive nights in the same room type. Any additional nights will be charged at the best available rate at the time of booking . Rate is per room or suite, per night, based on double occupancy. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions . Does not apply to existing bookings or group bookings of eight or more rooms.
Isn't this part of a larger Dorchester Collection sale? If I'm not mistaken, these free night promos apply to almost every Dorchester hotel right now.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Yes this is part of the Dorchester collection - so you are right, there are some really nice offers here at the moment although I think it is pretty booked up this side of xmas at these properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.