Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Rosewood Mayakoba vs. Banyan Tree vs others (Cancun, Mexico)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Mayakoba vs. Banyan Tree vs others (Cancun, Mexico)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:48 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by shingu79
I see that Bt is not virtuoso property. Is there any amenities or offers by booking through virtuoso agent anyways?
Hi - it is Virtuoso since this year. Upgrade if available, Buffet Breakfast and USD100 hotel credit are the perks. Plus they offer 10% off spa services.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Hi - it is Virtuoso since this year. Upgrade if available, Buffet Breakfast and USD100 hotel credit are the perks. Plus they offer 10% off spa services.

Question...

Since I'm having a difficulty choosing BT or Rosewood for a 4 night stay...
If I went with 2 nights at BT and 2 nights at Rosewood, would they be able to lug my luggage across to next property?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:15 pm

You could probably use one of the house cars that shuttles between the properties.. however I don't think it would be worth it to change hotels. We stayed at the Rosewood in May and last year stayed at the Banyan Tree. The Rosewood Mayakoba was such a better property. It is beautifully maintained, had better service and we actually thought the food was better. The Banyan Tree seemed much larger and more corporate to us. While you will have a much larger villa and pool at the Banyan Tree, it is not maintained as well as the Rosewood. The exterior of our villa at the Banyan Tree was in really sorry shape, and the slate floors in the interior were stained and cracked. Meanwhile our Beach Side Lagoon Suite at the Rosewood looked brand new!
So.. I would say stay at the Rosewood and stop by Saffron at the Banyan Tree for a meal!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by tmr10001
You could probably use one of the house cars that shuttles between the properties.. however I don't think it would be worth it to change hotels. We stayed at the Rosewood in May and last year stayed at the Banyan Tree. The Rosewood Mayakoba was such a better property. It is beautifully maintained, had better service and we actually thought the food was better. The Banyan Tree seemed much larger and more corporate to us. While you will have a much larger villa and pool at the Banyan Tree, it is not maintained as well as the Rosewood. The exterior of our villa at the Banyan Tree was in really sorry shape, and the slate floors in the interior were stained and cracked. Meanwhile our Beach Side Lagoon Suite at the Rosewood looked brand new!
So.. I would say stay at the Rosewood and stop by Saffron at the Banyan Tree for a meal!
This is what we do. Although, if going with a larger family, the 3-bedroom beach front villas at Banyan Tree are difficult to beat.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in another thread >
Originally Posted by farbster
We stayed in Nizuc over President's weekend and thought it was terrific.
low season rate comparison >

BT - after 4th nt free
$517 - 1BR spa pool villa (8)
$1184 - 2BR oean club pool villa (6 - beachside)
$2062 - 3BR oceanfront pool villa (7 - beachfront)

nizuc - after 3rd nt free
633 garden pool villa
1000 master suite (pool)
2867 nizuc villa (pool)

rosewood - after 4th nt free
$690 - beachside lagoon view suite (plunge pool)
$889 - ocean view suite (beachside, rooftop plunge pool)
$1091 - beachfront studio suite (plunge pool)

maroma - after 25% off stay of 3 nts or more
$1024 - oceanfront suite ("sian nah") (plunge pool)

fairmont - after 3rd nt free
$320 - beach area casita room
$747 - beach area casita suite (rooftop plunge pool)
$893 - oceanfront casita suite (plunge pool)
$987 - oceanfront premium suite (plunge pool)

blue diamond (former MO) - regular rates
$1039 - beachfront casita (rooftop plunge pool)
$2080 - 3BR beachfront presidential suite (pool)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 10, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:43 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The Rosewood really is the best in Mayakoba shingu79 - but I think the spa and the breakfast set up at the Banyan Tree is really excellent. Nizuc is also worth looking into. Very close to airport which is nice for a short stay.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:42 am

Mayakoba - Rosewood vs. Banyan?

My wife and I want to take a vacation (fly from ATL) with our 1 year old using our surplus of MR points. Riviera Maya seems like a good option and really focusing in on either Rosewood or Banyan Tree.

Why are so many in favor of Rosewood over Banyan? The redemption value is incredibly better at Banyan. Is the service really that much better?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fanatic6711
Is the service really that much better?
Rosewood is lightyears beyond Banyan.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:30 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Rosewood is lightyears beyond Banyan.
In my experience - nope.

I've always found the service at the Rosewood to be cold and robotic. Whereas the service at the BT has always been warm, friendly and much more genuine.

But I like the hard product at the Rosewood better.

So, go figure. Maybe try both. They are really right next door to each other.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We are looking at BT and Rosewood for a long weekend in Jan. Rates at BT are in the 500s per night (starting) with fourth night free. rosewood looks like it is starting around 1,050. We are In our early 30s, no kids. Will we be unhappy at BT for the price difference? I don't see a 4th night offer through FHR. Worth inquiring with virtuoso? It would just be for a long weekend and we just want to relax.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by floridagal23
We are looking at BT and Rosewood for a long weekend in Jan. Rates at BT are in the 500s per night (starting) with fourth night free. rosewood looks like it is starting around 1,050. We are In our early 30s, no kids. Will we be unhappy at BT for the price difference? I don't see a 4th night offer through FHR. Worth inquiring with virtuoso? It would just be for a long weekend and we just want to relax.
We've been to both and would not justify spending 120% more to stay at the Rosewood

Banyan Tree is nice and if you want to get some of the Rosewood vibe, go there for dinner and drinks one night
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by damaxer91
We've been to both and would not justify spending 120% more to stay at the Rosewood

Banyan Tree is nice and if you want to get some of the Rosewood vibe, go there for dinner and drinks one night
Thanks. We normally enjoy nice hotels but the price difference is huge for a weekend getaway.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Good thread here. I am trying to decide myself on a fall 2016 stay. Rosewood is pricing out about 50% higher. I like the larger Villa pool at BT and it seems the rooms are more private, but thats just from online reading. Also it seems the Rosewood has the nod on meals as they have more and higher rated (at least according to AAA) restaurants.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone have current BT resortmap? room names keep changing
for privacy at BT one needs one of the (few) lagoon front
(which would decrease rate difference vs rosewood some)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 14, 2015 at 6:04 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Banyan Tree Mayakoba has a very strange villa layout. The living room and bedroom are not even in the same building -- they are separated by the pool. Plus the living room doesn't have the high ceilings that the bedroom has. Personally this layout makes the villa much smaller than it actually is, given that we didn't even spend more than 15 min total in the living room out of our 4 nights stay.

I would suggest an over-lagoon villa at the Rosewood. They are much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.