Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Budapest Gresham Palace - Short trip report

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Anyone got the email address of the Concierge please - can't see it on the website.
I have sent you PM with the address I used and the name of the person.
Old May 31, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
Thanks for both reviews. Sounds great. I go to Budapest later this year. Travelling with friends who do not share my passion for luxury hotels, so we will stay somewhere else, but maybe visiting for lunch or dinner at least.
Musken I suggest you have afternoon tea rather than dinner to enjoy the ambiance of the hotel. It is served in one of the areas in the iconic lobby. Dinner was good but you could be anywhere - you can't see the Danube or the Bridge really if you're seated inside. Breakfast was good but they can't poach eggs - I had to send my eggs Florentine back as the whites were still runny towards the yolk. The second lot were the same and the waitress's explanation was that they should be served with runny yolks - I've had poached eggs hundreds of times but never so badly cooked. Breakfasts on the other mornings were perfect and the buffet was good.

We had dinner in two of the other suggested restaurants - Rosenstein and Borkonyha - both were excellent so thanks for the suggestions. We also ate at Rezkakas on the recommendation of the concierge at the hotel - also excellent and right next door to Borkonyha! If you want a totally different bar experience I suggest Szimpla Kert - http://www.szimpla.hu/
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:34 am

We had dinner in two of the other suggested restaurants - Rosenstein and Borkonyha - both were excellent so thanks for the suggestions. We also ate at Rezkakas on the recommendation of the concierge at the hotel - also excellent and right next door to Borkonyha!
So happy you enjoyed both of the suggestions, and glad to see the hotel still recommends Rezkakas - and that you enjoyed that as well.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:46 am

Why does FS Budapest only allow one device to connect to free in-room wifi and charge for additional devices? Surely with 2 guests in a room, if one has a mobile, iPad and laptop, one device policy seems nickel-and-diming (especially considering the rate they're charging). Does it cost that much to maintain internet in Hungary? Is it greed?

Last edited by broadwayboy; Jul 25, 2014 at 5:29 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:29 am

The wifi connection at the hotel is one of the worst I've had in any hotel recently in any case. There is better reception in the lobby where you can connect onto the conference wifi. I don't know why guests can't have a better connection - they had reboot the router several times when we stayed.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:19 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

The wifi connection at the hotel is one of the worst I've had in any hotel recently in any case. There is better reception in the lobby where you can connect onto the conference wifi. I don't know why guests can't have a better connection - they had reboot the router several times when we stayed.
Can anyone comment on whether this is an isolated issue, or if the wifi at this hotel is truly that bad? (Or if it's been fixed.)

We'll be staying here in December and I'll need to get some work done, so I'd like to plan for this if connectivity is going to be a problem.

P.S. Thanks to all for the great recommendations in this thread. Looking forward to our visit.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LM225
Can anyone comment on whether this is an isolated issue, or if the wifi at this hotel is truly that bad? (Or if it's been fixed.)

We'll be staying here in December and I'll need to get some work done, so I'd like to plan for this if connectivity is going to be a problem.

P.S. Thanks to all for the great recommendations in this thread. Looking forward to our visit.
IIRC you also have the option of a wired connection in room- so there shouldn't be any issues. I was able to use connectivity without any problems. Enjoy your visit.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
IIRC you also have the option of a wired connection in room- so there shouldn't be any issues. I was able to use connectivity without any problems. Enjoy your visit.
Thanks!

I travel with a Macbook Air, so wired connection is a no-go, unfortunately. Will bring a travel router just in case.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!

I travel with a Macbook Air, so wired connection is a no-go, unfortunately. Will bring a travel router just in case.
I Also travel with a MacBook Air and use wired connections regularly via the Thunderbolt port.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I Also travel with a MacBook Air and use wired connections regularly via the Thunderbolt port.
About three minutes after I posted that FlyingDoctorWu reminded me that the thunderbolt-to-ethernet adapter exists. I just ordered one

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:41 am

During my stay in September, the wifi was still a bit sluggish, but I didn't experience disconnects or outages. It was passable for free internet.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellyrambo
During my stay in September, the wifi was still a bit sluggish, but I didn't experience disconnects or outages. It was passable for free internet.
I have been able to use Webex and Gotomeeting there without any problems on the free connection.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:11 pm

My mother in law stayed there last fall. She said that her tour guide said it was the holiest hotel in Hungary. When you went into the lobby you said "Oh My God!". When you got your bill, you said "Jesus Christ!".

Hope to stay there one time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.