Search

Sicily Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by flyr16
We have often looked to travel to Sicily, but then wind up elsewhere...
+1
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
So Sicily is clearly a destination that cannot be done using hotel points--at least if higher quality accommodations is important to you.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:40 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by travelexpert
So Sicily is clearly a destination that cannot be done using hotel points--at least if higher quality accommodations is important to you.
You could say that about a lot of destination
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Hi
I have exhausted all my points for IHG , SPG etc over my last few trips ( W Barcelona, W London, intercontinental Bora Bora , W Indonesia , various SPG in Australia , Westin Malaysia , Z Suites Hotel Miami ) so points were not on my radar with my next holiday. Was looking for somewhere closer to home (Ireland) for a change but that interested me for late August.

Ryanair have started flying to the small airport of Comiso in the South of the island near Ragusa from London and Dublin so I got introductory fares of £25 each way!

Have booked 2 nights in Marina Di Ragusa
http://www.lamorescahotel.it/
3 nights in Syracuse
http://www.grandhotelminareto.it/
2 nights in Taormina
http://www.ehc.it/hotel-imperiale-ta...it/default.htm

Cheap car hire through Hertz @ Comiso

Will let this thread know how i get on in early September
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
We are going to be in Syracuse at the end of August (yes I love heat and sun and never find the humidity a problem in Sicily). I couldn't get comfortable with any of the hotels, so we ended up hiring a house in Ortigia instead. The boutique-y Musciara Resort looked quite interesting, but some very poor reviews.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:24 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
We are going to be in Syracuse at the end of August (yes I love heat and sun and never find the humidity a problem in Sicily). I couldn't get comfortable with any of the hotels, so we ended up hiring a house in Ortigia instead.
I think you made a very wise decision based on our experience.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Would definitely agree this is one of the first holidays in years where I am really not excited by any of the hotel choices , but looking forward to some sun and to some good food.

SanDiego1k would you have any food recommendations (or even anything else which you highly recommend) for Marina Di Ragusa , Syracuse or Taormina ?
Especially for Sept 2nd in Syracuse as this will be our wedding anniversary.

Londonjetsetter I will be there from the last day in August for a week so I think I might be following on just after you. Likewise is you have any really good experiences/activities/beaches/food recommendations etc in late August it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks!

Last edited by WEEBOBBY; Jun 19, 2014 at 8:33 am
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:49 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
SanDiego1k would you have any food recommendations (or even anything else which you highly recommend) for Marina Di Ragusa , Syracuse or Taormina ?
I wish I could be helpful, but we didn't have much luck finding outstanding restaurants. And I spent a lot of time trying to do so.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:48 am
Suspended

Going to Sicily in a few weeks. As a Virtuoso agent, I'll be staying at all three properties. Just wanted to list the amenities, as I saw someone was going to earlier in the thread and forgot.

Rocco Forte Verdura Golf & Spa Resort, Sicily
Sciacca, Sicily

All Virtuoso Guests Receive:

Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability

Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests

$85 EUR Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay

Early check-in/late check-out

Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
Taormina, Sicily

Full American breakfast

$100 USD Resort or Hotel credit, to be utilized during stay

Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea
Taormina Mare, Italy

American Breakfast for up to two in-room guests daily

$100 USD Resort or Hotel credit, to be utilized during stay

Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Sicily Hotels

We stayed at villa st. Andrea right after it became on orient express property. It was quite a nice stay. Make sure you take a boat out. It's far cheaper to go down the beach and hire one than going through the hotel. M
FDW
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
We stayed at villa st. Andrea right after it became on orient express property. It was quite a nice stay. Make sure you take a boat out. It's far cheaper to go down the beach and hire one than going through the hotel. M
FDW
Good tip. Thanks ^
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:49 am

PriceSquire let me know if you find any restaurants or experiences that you recommend from your trip ! I will be out in late August
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:41 am
Suspended

Belmond options in Taormina, Sicily, Italy

Seems to be two options in Taormina, Sicily...

Grand Hotel Timeo: http://www.belmond.com/grand-hotel-timeo-taormina/

&

Villa Sant'Andrea: http://www.belmond.com/villa-sant-andrea-taormina-mare/

Considering checking out both...I know they have a free shuttle in between, too.

Any recent reviews? Thoughts?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:47 am

Food not as good as Verdura - https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hot...nd-spa-resort/ - which has the best of all worlds. Most people stay at both Belmonds - a bit of sea view and a bit of inland. It depends upon where on the island you want to be and whether you are majoring on sightseeing.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Would love to stay at Verdura, but they're booked for the week I'm there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.