Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 13, 12, 3:34 am   #1

Luxury lodging with delicious food (Ontario, Canada)

Hi guys, I am in a hunt for a luxury accommodation in Ontario, Canada that supplies scrumptious dining too. I and my friends need to escape from the tiring jobs for a short period of time. We are wishing to just forget all these stuffs and get involved into the nature. Please extend your ideas that match these things. Feedback's are appreciated.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Aug 13, 12 at 9:19 am..
Daniellestvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 12, 10:37 am   #2

Kind an open-ended question since you just said Ontario, Canada-which is a big province that has big, bustling cities (Toronto) to lakeside wine regions (Niagara-On-The-Lake) to the Falls themselves.
Shangri-La is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 12, 11:01 am   #3

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Langdon Hall?
Old Aug 13, 12, 11:50 am   #4

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by francophile View Post
Langdon Hall?
Pretty much. It is the only Relais & Chateaux in Ontario, I think.
grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 12, 11:58 am   #5

Location: Home: YYZ HKG Business: LAX, SFO, SEA, PVG, PEK, CAN, NRT, MNL, SIN, BKK, LHR
Programs: DL girl's best friend, SC Lifetime(DL's not mine), ST E+, IC RA, SPG, AARP, CARP, Nexus/GE, APEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellestvn View Post
Hi guys, I am in a hunt for a luxury accommodation in Ontario, Canada that supplies scrumptious dining too. I and my friends need to escape from the tiring jobs for a short period of time. We are wishing to just forget all these stuffs and get involved into the nature. Please extend your ideas that match these things. Feedback's are appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangri-La View Post
Kind an open-ended question since you just said Ontario, Canada-which is a big province that has big, bustling cities (Toronto) to lakeside wine regions (Niagara-On-The-Lake) to the Falls themselves.
I heard about a luxury retreat centre which has private chef service from one of my friend who went there. Excellent peace and quiet with unspoiled landscape. They are 2.5 hours north of Thunder Bay by bushplane.
tentseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 12, 3:03 pm   #6

Yes. Langdon Hall would be the safest choice based on your general description. Would not be the only one and if you wanted to go far north and fly into a lodge then would bet there are some nice ones as well
Unfortunately for private, luxury, fly in lodges I have never been to any one that is setup as a business for tourism.

Would likely recommend you try and be more specific about what you mean.

I can think of a few that I have enjoyed for completely different reasons (like Inn on the Twenty or White Oaks in Niagara area for the wine region) or many places in the Muskokas, or somewhere like Couples Resort in Algonquin. Those might be what you want, not really sure.
pendlebg is offline   Reply With Quote