Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

FS residence club Jackson Hole and others???

Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, AMEX Cent, Hertz Gold, Priority Pass, Delta AMEX Reserve

Looking into buying a summer 1/14 fractional at FS Jackson Hole. Any recent experiences with this program? Any experiences with exchanging into Vail, Costa Rica, Punta Mita and others? We love four seasons and have no problem staying 3-4 weeks per year. The values are 40-50% off the peak and seems like a decent time to invest. Am I crazy?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
I own one at Punta Mita and we absolutely love it. We have stayed in the Jackson Hole property and it is fabulous. The beauty of these is for people that love hotels like we do, but want a lot of extra space without the hassles of owning a second home. The Four Seasons exchange process is a little cumbersome and, for some reason, Jackson Hole is not a member of the main exchange network with Vail, Punta Mita and Costa Rica. PM me with any questions you may have. I think it is a great idea and Jackson Hole is one of the most beautiful spots on earth. Go for it.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dont buy to exchange, but could buy to rent, especially if they put them in hotel inventory

its too bad theres no financially conservative destination club with FS/aman residences

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 18, 2012 at 6:07 pm
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:32 pm
CMV

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Valveking
I own one at Punta Mita and we absolutely love it. We have stayed in the Jackson Hole property and it is fabulous. The beauty of these is for people that love hotels like we do, but want a lot of extra space without the hassles of owning a second home. The Four Seasons exchange process is a little cumbersome and, for some reason, Jackson Hole is not a member of the main exchange network with Vail, Punta Mita and Costa Rica. PM me with any questions you may have. I think it is a great idea and Jackson Hole is one of the most beautiful spots on earth. Go for it.
Any idea why JH isn't in the main exchange network?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by CMV
Any idea why JH isn't in the main exchange network?
It was explained to me a while back but I have forgotten the details. For some reason, the developer did not want the Jackson Hole Residence Club in the exchange network which is really too bad. You can still exchange but it has to be a direct exchange between the owners.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by wayzfam
Looking into buying a summer 1/14 fractional at FS Jackson Hole. Any recent experiences with this program? Any experiences with exchanging into Vail, Costa Rica, Punta Mita and others? We love four seasons and have no problem staying 3-4 weeks per year. The values are 40-50% off the peak and seems like a decent time to invest. Am I crazy?
We own at FS Aviara, which is a somewhat trading property from Jackson Hole, Costa Rica etc. but I would advise looking into the actual trading possibilities and probabilities carefully before buying if the trading option is an important feature. Punta Mita is very popular and, at least for Aviara owners, difficult to trade into.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: US Airways Silver; Delta
FS residences Florence

Does anybody have any experience with the residences in Florence?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.