Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Which is the supreme Ritz-Carlton property?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the supreme Ritz-Carlton property?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Just logged another stay at RCCP. Wonderful service and staff; and among the very best front door staffs in the world. Rooms still immaculate. But until the restaurant and bar re-open; it's very difficult to say that it's the best in NYC. It simply gets an incomplete grade in those key areas for now, while the other hotels have the advantage of even having the facilities to grade. The good news is that apparently Norman will be back when the bar re-opens.

All this being said, the hotel aspects are superb and if that's all you need you simply cannot go wrong here.
I struggle to rank a hotel in NYC above the RCCPS either.

Their facility, the old St Moritz Hotel, has some tough limitations - for example, there is only room for one restaurant and a diminutive bar.

The MO, for example, has far better hotel facilities (spa, pool, bar), but is an inferior hotel overall.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I just got an email from Phulay Bay that included a link to their new property video http://www.phulay-bay.com/en/Video-P...arlton-Reserve

For me Phulay Bay is clearly the top Ritz-Carlton property, and I am looking forward to Dorado Beach and hopefully other Reserve properties in the future.

For City hotels I would vote for Hong Kong and New York Central Park, although I am curious to see how the Vienna property (formerly Shangri-La) will turn out.
Fantastic video, appreciate you sending the link. Certainly makes me want to return soon. Besides, sometimes we need a change of pace from Phuket, right?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by ainternational
Certainly makes me want to return soon. Besides, sometimes we need a change of pace from Phuket, right?
I totally agree, in Fact I go to Krabi more regularly then I go to Phuket. The video reminds me of how delicious the food is at Phulay Bay.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
For me either Shanghai-Pudong or Hong Kong
But, they're both on the wrong side of the river/harbor. In spite of the small rooms, I actually like the Portman (and it is cheap), though I feel that Shangri-La did much better job running it than RC (e.g. the men's spa used to be amazing).
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:11 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Battery Park? I have some points to spend and the RCCP isn't available this Wednesday.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by surftb15
Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Battery Park? I have some points to spend and the RCCP isn't available this Wednesday.

sure, we generally like RCBP if the location is ok for you. should be a decent amount of fairly recent thoughts here if you search...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by surftb15
It's a good hotel, it's the location that makes it another type of stay entirely. Certain weekends it can feel almost deserted, in Jan-Feb you can find rates as low as $240 (I believe I've posted about this elsewhere on this forum previously).
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTE=NYBanker:19364758]
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Just logged another stay at RCCP. Wonderful service and staff; and among the very best front door staffs in the world. Rooms still immaculate. But until the restaurant and bar re-open; it's very difficult to say that it's the best in NYC. It simply gets an incomplete grade in those key areas for now, while the other hotels have the advantage of even having the facilities to grade. The good news is that apparently Norman will be back when the bar re-opens.

All this being said, the hotel aspects are superb and if that's all you need you simply cannot go wrong here.
Do you know when the bar reopens?I met Norman a good few times when there,a true professional, a real old timer,old style New york barman.
I hope he's keeping well,I knew he had some health issues a few years ago.
Is the bar likely to be open in November when we're back?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, ProrityClub
What about the Ritz Carlton Miami South Beach ?
how would you rate that ?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by LuxTravel
What about the Ritz Carlton Miami South Beach ?
how would you rate that ?
The clientele is predominantly younger than on most RCs which makes the experience somewhat different. I was there just last week, in the off-season it feels somewhat empty while the Loews next door was buzzing with activity.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:48 pm

As I think I've said on this forum before, I consider the Georgetown Ritz to be their best property in the United States.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, ProrityClub
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
The clientele is predominantly younger than on most RCs which makes the experience somewhat different. I was there just last week, in the off-season it feels somewhat empty while the Loews next door was buzzing with activity.
Was the room renovation finished ?
How are the new rooms ?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by LuxTravel
Was the room renovation finished ?
How are the new rooms ?
I just went there for lunch. I actually stayed at the RC Fort Lauderdale.

Which was a great hotel. Though we were woken two mornings by heavy construction on the floor above us (and continued construction around lunch on the third day). The 15th floor and up are hotel residences and being renovated apparently.

I brought this up with the front desk on the 2nd day and they said it would not resume yet it did. I was disappointed that this happened at an RC. They conceded that this was unacceptable and took of half a day's charge but I would have preferred they were upfront with me and moved me to another room.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
15th floor and up are hotel residences and being renovated apparently
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
34 condohotel on floors 15-17 (11 on 15th, 10 on 16th, 13 on 17th)
28 residences on floors 18-24 (1 year min lease last i checked)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm currently staying on the club level of the R-C South beach and can confirm the renovations are finished.
The coridoors have new carpet wallpaper and lights leading to the rooms.
Everything in our room is new including the shower fittings.
I like the new decor,its a kind of art deco contemporary.

While I've always felt at home here,I'm seeing a definite ratchet upwards in the level of service.Everyone greets you,everyone smiling.
Lunch presentations in the club lounge are also very good.The hostesses are exceptionally friendly and help full.
I see they have access to the room map/reservation system and were sorting someone with a room change to one with a balcony(floors 7 and 8 have none).
We're on virtuoso so prefer to have breakfast by the pool which is included and is a full buffet with an omelette station,whereas the club at this time is just a continental.
There is a narrow terrace on the club lounge,but it is closed,its like the one at the four seasons Hong Kong so too narrow to have seating,I must ask why its closed though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.