Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels
Sign in using an external account

Old May 27, 12, 8:03 pm   #1

Programs: AA EXP & UA Plat
Unpleasant Experience at RC Sarasota

Had a not-so-special experience today at the Ritz Sarasota. I complained to the pool/ beach manager (where the offending employees were working). The service recovery was spectacular. Wow.

My question: do I still write a letter as I had planned to the general manager, or let it go after the onsite manager's successful attempts to placate me. I don't want the offending employees to get away with anything. At the same time, I don't want to belabor the point. I am not seeking (repeat, NOT seeking) any type of compensation, as the manager has been more then gracious towards me and family after the incident.

Thanks for your advice.
Babu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 8:20 pm   #2

Programs: AA EXPLT
Unpleasant Experience at RC Sarasota

Let it go. The manager you spoke with exercised his/her authority and took care of the problem. If you were the manager would you appreciate it if someone went over your head? The other approach would be to solely compliment the manager to the GM for ensuring standards were met, but don't get into the specifics of the problem.
LookingAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 8:23 pm   #3

It depends upon the situation.

If the employees committed an illegal act or immoral act (pickpocketing, pinching the bottom of a guest, falling down drunk on the job) then yes, I would write a letter, thanking the manager for taking care of the situation so professionally.

If the employees did something that was a human error or due to a human mood--grumpy, forgetful, took a half a minute to end a personal 'phone call before greeting you--then I would let it go, as we all have had bad days (and bad weeks and bad stages) in our lives.