Wiki Posts
Search

Aman (or what's the sanskrit for noisy nightclub?) Sveti Stefan

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Au revoir

I clearly waste my time here. It's called critical thinking and it comes with punctuation! Why would I want to tell you about our wonderful bolt-holes so that someone like you could come along to ruin our stays?
Old May 23, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by valextraofstyle
I clearly waste my time here. It's called critical thinking and it comes with punctuation! Why would I want to tell you about our wonderful bolt-holes so that someone like you could come along to ruin our stays?
your choice of name reveals you to be a reader of this forum, so this kind of post really doesnt work for a number of reasons

in a prior post i asked why you didnt change rooms earlier

there are plenty of people who join the forum and post after reading, but you joined and posted (a lengthy post) in lieu of changing rooms

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re main/original subject of "noise" >

as i said earlier, we know to ask now, and others (including myself) made it clear they are interested in this

personally, i take things like this very seriously in terms of totality of stay especially when rates are high, and i started a related thread on events/nonguests/etc

so thank you for that, and any future details
Old May 23, 2012, 12:31 pm

Extraordinary stuff! I think we should just move, don't you?

Other posters here - do not cancel your stay at Aman Sveti Stefan or reconsider going to any of the other Amans, such as Amanruya. They are exceptional.

Kevin Brooke, the new GM at Sveti Stefan, is a very competent and dedicated manager. He did an amazing job at Amanwana.

However, Montenegro does present problems for any high-end hotel operation, but these, I believe, have been very patiently handled by Aman. There has been a lot of sabotage from locals throughout the development of this resort and during its opening, but hopefully those locals are beginning to see that this resort will help the region flourish. It takes time.

Meanwhile, the magic of this place is impossible to dispute. I would return there in a heartbeat.

If we are to comment on specific instances of poor service or problems in a resort, then I think we should spell them out. Either that, or not mention them at all. Did I mention sabotage? This, I feel, is somewhat similar. And yes, I have been staying at Amans since the first one opened, so I am not an Aman virgin.

Let's move on.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no one mentioned considering changing plans, and there are quite a number of positive sveti stefan reports here. dont remember when paul2 (he was first) had visit/stay at milocer, but island reports began in 2010.

vuittonsofstyle, regardless of this specific example, while you may always be alerted to "potential conflicts" some of us need to ask, as has been made clear by reports for various properties/companies.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 1:00 pm

Valextra, no one (to my knowledge) is impugning your credibility or invalidating your experience.

At the same time, you profess to take the "high road" while really slamming a property with your last update. You posted somewhat vague details, and doesn't that then perform an even greater disservice to them/it?

As it stands, I can try to read between your lines; however, I might not be able to do so with perfect clarity, and thus run the risk of assuming issues that might not exist, or missing entirely grave issues that should be of great concern.

As an aside -- I've never in my travels been asked to wire money to a hotel. Maybe I've lucked out, but why would one ever be asked, much less do, this?
Old May 23, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the OP didnt say hotel asked them to wire.
some use wire to pay, including behuman, including at aman.

some here wait for hotel response.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 23, 2012 at 1:45 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 1:12 pm

Ahhh. Interesting.

Not sure why one would do that, either, but that's probably a question for another thread.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:26 pm

In the absence of "critical " details of the tragic/ devastating event that OP suffered ... I am going to have to assume that Aman SS didn't comp his ( or her ) room or stay... Thus attracting the fury .

If only it was that simple to score free rooms.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bearbrick
In the absence of "critical " details of the tragic/ devastating event that OP suffered ... I am going to have to assume that Aman SS didn't comp his ( or her ) room or stay... Thus attracting the fury .

If only it was that simple to score free rooms.
i didnt get that from what was posted (IMO any discrepancies would be of an entirely different nature, see my post #32)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 23, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

he said all the right things in terms of recognising their shortcomings. I will say that, once we raised the issue with Kevin, his response was spot on...He made no offer of compensation, but what we were looking for was an understanding of the problem and a solution and this was forthcoming, so we were pleased with Kevin's handling of our complaint
OP says not looking for compensation

Our departure was a shambles and no amount of smiles and handshaking or extra bread can change that

insist on transparency with all practical arrangements and billing, and, in particular, not to wire money in advance to them. Also, do not rely on the hotel to recommend a suitable departure time for airport transfers; look into this yourself and stand your ground on the time you would like to leave: for Dubrovnik, you'll need to allow 3 hours (as their own website advises!).
departure time clearly has nothing to do with anything financial
"practical arrangements" would be arguable, but im not getting that from context

(im double posting for a reason.)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 25, 2012 at 9:59 am
Old May 23, 2012, 11:16 pm

No all night parties within audible distance when we were there last August (which was pretty much as high season as it gets out there) - just a few slightly annoying boats that circle the island with their loud speakers rabbiting on about Elizabeth Taylor staying there back in the day! They didn't bother us though, and nor did the massive yachts that again would emit some level of sound (usually awful europop disco!) as it was all daytime and believe me i am a super light sleeper and would totally have been aware of even the most distant sounds when trying to sleep.
We did come extremely close to missing our return flights though - which would have been a massive problem for us - and agree with the poster that you must allow 3 hours to return to Dubrovnik. We followed the resort's suggested departure timings for our flight (we were using the Aman transfers) and literally arrived at the airport a few minutes before our flight was due to depart (it was running late thank goodness) and after an extremely stressful 3.5 hours race against time which rather counteracted the bliss of the previous few days!!!
Did love the resort though and hope to be back!
Old May 24, 2012, 6:53 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
the OP didnt say hotel asked them to wire.
some use wire to pay, including behuman, including at aman.

some here wait for hotel response.
And happily doing so also in the future. I always got more than what I expected at any (Asian) Aman.

I think to be fair towards Aman Sveti Stefan and also towards fellow FTalkers valextraofstyle should now clearly spell out what happened. We are all reasonable adults here and things can go wrong. But not naming, but only making guess them is unfair towards Aman.

I persist with my opinion that Aman should watch out carefully not growing too quickly (former Yugoslavia is a hot ground) until the ownership question is not clear and (very competent) senior regional management people leave the company.

P.S. Do you think Aman management reads FT ?
Old May 24, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by behuman
And happily doing so also in the future. I always got more than what I expected at any (Asian) Aman.

I think to be fair towards Aman Sveti Stefan and also towards fellow FTalkers valextraofstyle should now clearly spell out what happened. We are all reasonable adults here and things can go wrong. But not naming, but only making guess them is unfair towards Aman.

I persist with my opinion that Aman should watch out carefully not growing too quickly (former Yugoslavia is a hot ground) until the ownership question is not clear and (very competent) senior regional management people leave the company.

P.S. Do you think Aman management reads FT ?
Like cadogan1 I had a fairly fraught drive to Dubrovnik airport due to the long border crossing and I think I commented in my trip report that you need to ensure that you leave Sveti Stefan in sufficient time.

This thread has somehow got into my head. I had an extremely vivid dream last night that I went to Amanzo'e and that it was a complete DISASTER. Wild party next door and no sleep!
Old May 24, 2012, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone flown montenegro airlines yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.