Reload this Page >

The Luxury Hotels of Ireland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Luxury Hotels of Ireland

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 7:21 am

Kage you are right. I spoke to the people at Inishturkbeg this morning and the 'Island' part of the buisness is in receivership. They hope that matters will be resolved and that they will be open again shortly.They will contact me when they know....
Old May 11, 2012, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sunday times article was on jan 7 2012
http://journalisted.com/article/2xbqt
paid - http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...icle852500.ece
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...o&bl=on&pf=all
"appointed receivers to Flametree, a Sadek-controlled company"
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22is...aq=f&aqi=&aql=
"likely to come on the market this year"

http://www.liquidirish.com/2012/01/inish-turk-beg.html
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: luxury traveler
three nights in Ireland... Doing Ballyfin for first two nights with friends. I've nevber been to Ireland and not seeing much in Dublin that warrants a stay in town.. Would I be missing much if we fly into Dublin, right to Ballyfin for two nights then one night at RC Powerscourt, I'd love to see more of Ireland/coast area. I wish we had more time but this is a quickie.. I appreciate any suggestions... Our flight back home is about 11am so wherever we stay will be less than 24 hrs...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RC had financial problems, RC mgmt ends oct 1? remains marriott autograph (independent)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by chicagocat
three nights in Ireland... Doing Ballyfin for first two nights with friends. I've nevber been to Ireland and not seeing much in Dublin that warrants a stay in town.. Would I be missing much if we fly into Dublin, right to Ballyfin for two nights then one night at RC Powerscourt, I'd love to see more of Ireland/coast area. I wish we had more time but this is a quickie.. I appreciate any suggestions... Our flight back home is about 11am so wherever we stay will be less than 24 hrs...
If you're planning to visit the Powerscourt Gardens, Powerscourt would be convenient. A large property that they probably should never have built, nice room product.

If you're planning instead to see anything in Dublin, I'd suggest The Merrion.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:09 pm

Avoid Powerscourt... There are so many better properties in and around Dublin. I had a decent stay at the FS Dublin.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: http://www.hillsidesedona.net
Harvey's Point has set on the stunning Lough Eske, the hotel is warm and elegant, with a very inviting, friendly atmosphere from beginning to end. The room was spotless, beautiful and comfortable. The food was exceptional.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidO
If you're planning instead to see anything in Dublin, I'd suggest The Merrion.
+1: Location is excellent.

Four Seasons is far away from most visitors itineraries unless working with certain corporate firms.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Four Seasons is far away from most visitors itineraries unless working with certain corporate firms.
Only stayed at the FS in Dublin so can't comment on others but David O's description of the property is spot on. We loved the peacefulness and got into town quite easily.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: EI Gold Circle, A3 *G, AB Gold & 3rd place East Leinster High Jump (1996)
Great report David.

The Ritz-Carlton went into examinership late last year & will relaunch as an Autograph Collection property on October 1. Occupancy levels never rose above the 40% mark & it's been bought by Brehon Capital Partners for a reported figure of €1m, with €80m of debt apparently written off. It will be managed by Interstate, which also runs the Marker Hotel in Dublin's Grand Canal Square

As for Killarney, I think the The Europe eclipses all other properties by some considerable margin. Beautifully situated on the shores of Lough Lein, its facilities and service levels are a cut above in my experience.

http://www.theeurope.com/

Edit: Apologies to Kagehitokiri, who'd already made mention of RC's troubles

Last edited by ZorbaTheGeek; Jun 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:41 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, ZorbaTheGreek!

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Welcome to FT, ZorbaTheGreek!

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
I don't see any posts from ZorbaTheGreek

Chicagocat - with only 3 days in Ireland I wouldn't choose Ballyfin as it is not really in an area of outstanding beauty of which there are many but maybe you've been to Ireland before and have seen much of it. If you haven't been before I would definitely spend one night in the Dublin area.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I don't see any posts from ZorbaTheGreek ....
As Zorba was a brand new member, the auto spam checker was triggered twice (once when the post was first entered and again when the OP edited it). You must have caught it in between the first release I did and the one just now.

I didn't know the system did that!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:56 pm

Would anyone know of a luxury-type (or at least nice, with spacious rooms) hotel (in a quiet area - that's important to me) in Dublin, but north of the Liffey (i.e., away from the nightlife/noise of the Temple Bar area)?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:00 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by muji
Would anyone know of a luxury-type (or at least nice, with spacious rooms) hotel (in a quiet area - that's important to me) in Dublin, but north of the Liffey (i.e., away from the nightlife/noise of the Temple Bar area)?
Four Seasons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.