Wiki Posts
Search

FS BH report - compared to Pen BH

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
FS BH report - compared to Pen BH

I am currently staying at the FS BH ( Los Angeles location on doheney, not to be confused with the FS Beverly Wilshire). It has been several years since I have stayed here as I am a loyal BH Peninsula client. On this trip a colleague from overseas really wanted to stay here, and I thought I had not been back since the renovation so I would give it a try. My thoughts:

Room: exec suite
Looks much refreshed, spacious, nice views of the city and balcony, but bathroom not perfect - sep tub and shower, but very small tub. Marble not in he best condition. My room on corner which is nice, great four seasons bed as always, nice linens as to be expected, but overall nothing special. I prefer peninsula for their villa rooms or suites. Maybe not a fair comparison, bit I also prefer their grande deluxe as well.

Service: this is an area I thought would be at least equal. Definately not. We came to the hotel in a taxi from a meeting in town. Nobody greeted me nor offered to help with luggage. Granted I had a small roller bag, but at the pen they would have been all over me. Check in was prompt. They did not show me to my room and still did not offer to help with bag. It was quite easy to manage myself, but again at the pen, they would have taken the bag immediately. When I checked in I asked for extra towels and pillows (actually in my FS record). When I returned from dinner nothing. I called down and asked again, and they were brought about 20 min later. in general service has been ok, but not close to the std I have experienced at Pen, and at many other FS.

Food: I think the food overall is better here. Had dinner at the Italian and thought better than the somewhat dated Bevedere at the Pen. Room service breakfast about the same both places.

Gym: neither is outstanding to me. Both smallish, but with some ood equipment. I am probably not the best judge of a gym!

Spa: I would give the edge to the Pen, just much nicer environment IMO.

Pool: I prefer the rooftop pool at the pen with the cabanas, both are relatively small spaces, but I do think FS has more loungers. I think the pool would be a matter of taste.

Car service: both hotels provide complimentary car service around BH. Pen can be reserved which is more convenient, but never had trouble waiting at FS so did work well.

Overall I would choose the Pen over the FS in BH. I like the service, rooms, and overall set up far better. I also prefer the location, though neither is perfect. Probably Beverly Wiltshire managed by FS has better location than all. FS location is nice and residential so quiet, but not as convenient as Pen to main businesses and shopping.

Glad to try the FS BH once again, and it is a fine hotel, but in future I am back to the Pen with my monogrammed pillow case and warm, welcome and great service!
Old May 1, 2012, 6:47 am

Unfortunately I can not comment on the FS BH but last November my wife and I stayed at the BH Pen for the first time and we found it to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. Service was superb especially the concierge staff. We also enjoyed the two (2) meals we had at The Belvedere, a Thanksgiving Day Dinner and breakfast one morning (great Huevos Rancheros).
We are looking forward to our next visit there this coming November.
One last thing we also liked the meet and greet at LAX which the Chicago Pen also does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.