Shake up in Michelin Stars at London Restaurants - Ramsay loses at Claridges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card

More troubled times for Gordon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...er-before.html

I noted elsewhere that Food Critic Jay Rayner thinks this could mean Ramsay pulling out of Claridges. Will people pay top price anymore?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
More troubled times for Gordon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...er-before.html

I noted elsewhere that Food Critic Jay Rayner thinks this could mean Ramsay pulling out of Claridges. Will people pay top price anymore?
Although Michelin is very influential, I don't think that everyone dines at restaurants just because of their Michelin stars. They have simplified the food at Claridge's to better cater to the guests' requirements. If the guests are happy, then nothing should change. This could be just a blip after the previous chef left.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, AA 2 million miler,Concierge Key, BA Ex Gold, One World Emerald
Actually the number of hotel guests who eat there has dropped below 20% according to Claridges management.
Claridges' has had numerous complaints about the service & food at Ramsay 's restaurant.
Its become a tourist destination for the no coat and certainly no tie crowd.
Cell phones are present everywhere. The restaurant no longer fits the standards of Claridges and should be gone soon
Old May 14, 2012, 9:47 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
WHat surprises me more is Ducasse getting his 3rd in London. I have never been so impressed with Gordon -- his Chelsea flagship was a solid 2 star place at best compared to the 3's I have been to in France and Switzerland.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by luxury
I have never been so impressed with Gordon -- his Chelsea flagship was a solid 2 star place at best compared to the 3's I have been to in France and Switzerland.
Amen to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.