Reload this Page >

Peninsula or Mandarin Oriental in HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peninsula or Mandarin Oriental in HKG

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I'd go for the RC, its a phenomenal hotel and for me it's pretty incredible waking up on the 116th floor but YMMV. Never stayed at either Mandarin but I'd probably go for the MOHK over the Landmark. FS also has very good reviews and apparently does have an Executive Lounge which I've never seen or heard of at other FS properties.
Old May 5, 2012, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Executive Lounge which I've never seen or heard of at other FS properties
maui (asian guests? or another thing theyll close for VIPs?) and buenos aires have clubs with limited rooms

club (for fee) is "standard" for FS in asia pacific

yes >
bangkok
guangzhou
sydney
jakarta
macau
hong kong
shanghai
pudong
beijing

no >
marunouchi (only 57 rooms)
singapore (closed, like chinzan-so, which is losing FS mgmt)
mumbai (india)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 17, 2012 at 9:41 pm
Old May 6, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: United Gold
FSHK Executive Club package at check-in?

Glad I found this thread (though my question is off topic). I'm planning on a 2 night stay at the Four Seasons Hong Kong through the AMEX FHR program. I can't get the Executive Club package via FHR, but is it possible to buy the package at check-in?
Old May 6, 2012, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Glad I found this thread (though my question is off topic). I'm planning on a 2 night stay at the Four Seasons Hong Kong through the AMEX FHR program. I can't get the Executive Club package via FHR, but is it possible to buy the package at check-in?
Yes, you can buy it at check in. Also, with FS you can take Airport Express. Call as you board the train at the airport and they will be waiting for you. A 3 minute ride to the hotel.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
I really liked the Mandarin Oriental. I posted a review with pics here.

I had previously stayed the Intercontinental but preferred the central location of the MO, though I prefer the island to Kowloon.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:28 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by haydensydney
I really liked the Mandarin Oriental....
I had to make this choice today, thought I was booking the Pen but wound up at .... Langham Place in their top suite. Swayed by a current "pay 2 stay 3" promotion plus the suite comes with ipad and iphone. Much cheaper than MO or Pen and comparable quality in most respects, including immaculate service but then that is expected in HKG.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6
I had to make this choice today, thought I was booking the Pen but wound up at .... Langham Place in their top suite. Swayed by a current "pay 2 stay 3" promotion plus the suite comes with ipad and iphone. Much cheaper than MO or Pen and comparable quality in most respects, including immaculate service but then that is expected in HKG.
Is Langham Place the nice hotel in Mongkok??

I think it is- indeed nice place however the location is a tad out of the way???

I wouldn't discount the hotel- comaring it with the MO and PEN seems a bit of a stretch however IMHO.
Old May 7, 2012, 5:55 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The point is that suite at Langham Place costs less than room at Pen or MO plus comes with more technology. LP is indeed in Mong Kok, over the MTR station so fast transit. Plus with 2 Michelin star chinese restaurant, so quite competitive. Not comparable to MO or Pen, but a worthy alternative and the Pen's construction woes make it an easy choice.
Old May 7, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The point is that suite at Langham Place costs less than room at Pen or MO plus comes with more technology. LP is indeed in Mong Kok, over the MTR station so fast transit. Plus with 2 Michelin star chinese restaurant, so quite competitive. Not comparable to MO or Pen, but a worthy alternative and the Pen's construction woes make it an easy choice.
I am sure a suite costs less- just don't know if it is a fair comparison with some of the hotels discussed here.

I guess it really depends where you want to be in Hong Kong. If Langham Place works for your agenda it is a good deal I suppose.
Old May 7, 2012, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haydensydney
I really liked the Mandarin Oriental. I posted a review with pics here.

I had previously stayed the Intercontinental but preferred the central location of the MO, though I prefer the island to Kowloon.
Excellent, thanks!
Old May 7, 2012, 2:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Would be keen on getting feedback after your stay. I was hesitating between this promotion for a Sweet Place Suite and the GH HKG in a Basic Suite (don't know which one since I booked a grand king room and am using a Suite certificate). Both would cost the same since I'm using a corp rate at the GH but I opted for the GH. Not sure whether the hotel is top quality though (of course can't be compared to MO, LMO and Pen but not the same price either).
Old May 9, 2012, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Has anyone done the Toyota MPV pickup to the MO? I have a party of four, so the Mercedes isn't going to be able to do it. Curious as to how nice a van could actually be.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:54 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Has anyone done the Toyota MPV pickup to the MO? I have a party of four, so the Mercedes isn't going to be able to do it. Curious as to how nice a van could actually be.
It's fine, have done it with 4 of us .. With our parents' golf bags in tow too.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Not sure about the MO but when I was at the W Hong Kong I got Toyota MPV and it was surprisingly nice. It was fully loaded with leather interior and more than enough space for several people. I sat at the back and at 6' 4'' was fine.

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Old May 9, 2012, 8:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
It's fine, have done it with 4 of us .. With our parents' golf bags in tow too.
Originally Posted by FOX85
Not sure about the MO but when I was at the W Hong Kong I got Toyota MPV and it was surprisingly nice. It was fully loaded with leather interior and more than enough space for several people. I sat at the back and at 6' 4'' was fine.
Needless to say, the MOHK will be very nice
Our MOHK MPVs were

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.