Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Hualalai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by wayzfam
At Hualalai we had pool side connecting rooms for $1,100 each per night. For Maui, we had garden view double (actually had small ocean view form patio) at $845 connecting to exec suite at $1,195. The exec suite was great. Sofa bed, table for four at interior, huge bathroom. Also, the exec suite has two patios. First patio had table with 4 chairs. Second patio had two full size sun beds.
Thank you, Wayzfam!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by wayzfam
Breakfast buffet - not on par with Maui. Very crowded, understaffed, extra charges for almond croissant. Seriously, they had certain pastries not included in the buffet. After the first morning, we did room service for breakfast because it was such a zoo. Also, my three year old never eats at breakfast. At Maui, the server packed her eggs, bagels, cereal to go with utensils. No charge. At hualalai, they refused to even provide a to go container for her bagel that was unfinished.

Wow, I have never experienced that at Hualalai. Has the buffett changed with Ulu?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems like the thread to bump
got this in PM re hualalai >
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...nd-climbs.html
rates...back to their peak 2007 levels

this year probably will be the best yet for nightly prices and demand, Fitzgerald said.

Occupancy...will probably rise to more than 80 percent this year, from “high 70 percent” in 2012, Fitzgerald said.

property includes 300 residential units...according to Fitzgerald.

Patrick Fitzgerald, chief executive officer of the resort
dont recall if any previous numbers were released/posted

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 23, 2013 at 1:05 pm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:47 pm

We love staying at the FS Hualalai..great report!
Will be there for about a month stay and can't wait..
Aloha
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by Jelly Belly
We love staying at the FS Hualalai..great report!
Will be there for about a month stay and can't wait..
Aloha
At Ulu for breakfast now. The buffet offering is very diverse, beautifully displayed, well attended. Of note this year, which I don't remember previously, they added a fresh vegetable juice of the day to the fresh fruit juices they offer. To the restaurant, they have added a very welcome coffee bar with a perfect view of the ocean at the bar and comfy elegant seating in the lounge. The coffee and espresso drinks are now very good. And, if you like mocha's, they make their own fresh chocolate ganache and serve it to the side. Delightful to enjoy a good coffee with the NYT's while watching the whales breach!

For dinner, Ulu has also improved its menu. For example, the butterfish is a simple but delicious dish. And, the seating area around the fire pits is cozy with service attentive. They still offer a souffle of the evening and the night before last I ordered the toffee mac. nut souffle with carmel ice-cream. Delicious. More later...if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
GoodMorning, we checked in yesterday. Hope to see yo around the pool the next couple of days!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
At Ulu for breakfast now. The buffet offering is very diverse, beautifully displayed, well attended. Of note this year, which I don't remember previously, they added a fresh vegetable juice of the day to the fresh fruit juices they offer. To the restaurant, they have added a very welcome coffee bar with a perfect view of the ocean at the bar and comfy elegant seating in the lounge. The coffee and espresso drinks are now very good. And, if you like mocha's, they make their own fresh chocolate ganache and serve it to the side. Delightful to enjoy a good coffee with the NYT's while watching the whales breach!

For dinner, Ulu has also improved its menu. For example, the butterfish is a simple but delicious dish. And, the seating area around the fire pits is cozy with service attentive. They still offer a souffle of the evening and the night before last I ordered the toffee mac. nut souffle with carmel ice-cream. Delicious. More later...if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.
I'd like to correct one thing that you said. Other than the veg juice of he day on the buffet the only juice they include in the buffet (based on my recent stay) was the ubiquitous "passion orange guava" which I am quite certain is from concentrate. You can order fresh juice (pineapple for example) for an extra charge. I was kind of suprised, and though it was a down grade from what I recalled two years ago. Perhaps my memory is failing though. Real fresh juice I think should be included in the buffet.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:24 pm

Juices included in the buffet

Originally Posted by peter11
I'd like to correct one thing that you said. Other than the veg juice of he day on the buffet the only juice they include in the buffet (based on my recent stay) was the ubiquitous "passion orange guava" which I am quite certain is from concentrate. You can order fresh juice (pineapple for example) for an extra charge. I was kind of suprised, and though it was a down grade from what I recalled two years ago. Perhaps my memory is failing though. Real fresh juice I think should be included in the buffet.
The juices which are included in the buffet are the following:

The fresh juice of the day
The fresh vegetable juice of the day
Bottled apple juice
Bottled prune juice
Bottled orange juice
Bottled cranberry juice
Fresh brewed coffee
A (large) selection of tea
Milk
All sodas, and
Lemonade

The fresh juices, other than the juice of the day and the vegetable juice, are an additional $3 with unlimited refills.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Just returned from a week at FS Hualalai. Overall the staff was first rate and typical FS. We have stayed at FS Punta Mita which many compare to Hualalai so we were curious to see how they compared to each other. Both resorts are in gated communities and tropical beach locations. Hualalai and Punta Mita are both fantastic and we had a great time at both. Here are some general bullet point observations.

- Overall service in Punta Mita is better. The attention and quality of service in Punta Mita is on a whole other level. The general service in Hualalai was very good but just not what we experienced in PM especially when it came to the restaurants and pool side.

- Beaches in PM are white sand and swimmable. Hualalai is very rocky and rougher surf. Very beautiful but not inviting.

- Both resorts have 3 pools. Swimming pools in both locations are very nice but those in PM were better in our opinion. The main pool at Hualalai was always had a lot of young kids whereas the main pool (Nuna) in PM had fewer children and was usually quiet and has amazing views. This may be because PM has a lazy river pool which I think draws many of the children away from the main pool. We loved the "quiet pool" at Hualalai as it was quiet and also has decent ocean views. The adult pool in PM is nice too but not as nice as the one in Hualalai as it lacks ocean views.

- Rooms were equal I would say.

- Food was very good in Hualalai but PM was noticeably better. More variety and better preparation.

- In room dining service in Hualalai was excellent and equal to PM but the in room menu in PM is more extensive and varied.

- Locations were very similar in that they are isolated but PM has much more to offer just off property. PM has a town 5 minutes away just outside the entrance with about 12 beach front restaurants which allows for many dining options. Its like a mini Mexican Lahaina. Hualalai has nothing nearby so you find yourself eating in the same restaurants over and over which can get old if staying a week or longer.

Obviously for most residing in North America, Punta Mita is a much shorter flight so too is something to consider. Bottom line is that if you should try both properties as they are two world class spots.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:01 pm

Just returned from FS Hualalai and it was a fantastic stay. It's my new favorite
resort.

Positives

- Resort property is drop dead gorgeous
- Excellent food (loved Beach Tree & ULU)
- Great service
- Great spa complex, gym
- Kings pond, and other inland lagoons.

Negatives

- Although well maintained, the room/bathroom could be refreshed.
- Beach not very swim friendly. I did swim in it though.

In contrast to FS Punta Mita, I felt Hualalai was a step above.

Stayed in a Ocean front deluxe room with balcony. My room had excellent views of the ocean, but it also overlooked the Palm grove lawn, swaying palm trees. Nice contrast. Directly below my balcony was a small lagoon where you could view colorful fish frolicking all day. My room was at the end of the U shaped two story building that makes up a lot of the hotel rooms. So it was at the end closest to the ocean and only sharing one wall.
After thinking about it, I'm glad I was not up-graded to the next category (superior suite,pool view) as the view and maybe the area would have been worse.
Old May 24, 2013, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by kmklint
Just returned from FS Hualalai and it was a fantastic stay. It's my new favorite
resort.

Positives

- Resort property is drop dead gorgeous
- Excellent food (loved Beach Tree & ULU)
- Great service
- Great spa complex, gym
- Kings pond, and other inland lagoons.

Negatives

- Although well maintained, the room/bathroom could be refreshed.
- Beach not very swim friendly. I did swim in it though.

In contrast to FS Punta Mita, I felt Hualalai was a step above.

Stayed in a Ocean front deluxe room with balcony. My room had excellent views of the ocean, but it also overlooked the Palm grove lawn, swaying palm trees. Nice contrast. Directly below my balcony was a small lagoon where you could view colorful fish frolicking all day. My room was at the end of the U shaped two story buildbing that makes up a lot of the hotel rooms. So it was at the end closest to the ocean and only sharing one wall.
After thinking about it, I'm glad I was not up-graded to the next category (superior suite,pool view) as the view and maybe the area would have been worse.
Agreed. It is definitely our favorite resort. If you didn't make it over to the beach and snorkeling in front of Kona Village make sure to do this next time. We didn't discover this place (a 3 minute walk from Kings Pond) until the end of our first stay. It turned out to be great snorkeling and even better for seeing dolphins, turtles, and whales! Join us Dec. 8th-13th (extendable 5 nights) at the the first Four Seasons Hualalai Flyertalk Do!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:29 pm

Four Seasons Hualalai update

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
Agreed. It is definitely our favorite resort. If you didn't make it over to the beach and snorkeling in front of Kona Village make sure to do this next time. We didn't discover this place (a 3 minute walk from Kings Pond) until the end of our first stay. It turned out to be great snorkeling and even better for seeing dolphins, turtles, and whales! Join us Dec. 8th-13th (extendable 5 nights) at the the first Four Seasons Hualalai Flyertalk Do!
As many of you probably already know, there is the 1st Flyertalk Hualalai Do coming up Dec. 8th and in preparation (read-purely an excuse to stay at the resort) I went to stay for the night with my family.

It was fantastic, as always, with only a few updates to share:

1. They have installed delightful good pressure rainforest shower heads in all of the bathrooms.

2. They have upgraded their soaps in both rooms and suites to a new product which uses natural essential organic oils from local plants. It used to be sold exclusively in the spa and I was so happy to see it in the rooms. I like it much better than L'Occitane.

For more information: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...ing7-2010feb07

and

http://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/.../#.Uo1gZI8o7IU

"L'Oeil du Vert's most recent collaboration is the Kawili Project for the Four Seasons' Seaside Luxe store (or contact the studio to buy it.). Van Oosten worked with local Hawaiian elder "Auntie" Alapa'i Kahu'ena for a blend featuring organic herbs, flowers, salts, essential oils, Kona coffee and macadamia nuts. Prices start at $20 for soap and body tea bags and go up to $150 for a scrub set that includes body oil. Proceeds from the sale of body teas go to a community organization dedicated to preserving indigenous Hawaiian knowledge of local plants."

3. If you stay at Hualalai, do not miss the opportunity to have a private cooking lesson from Chef Nick or Chef Angela. Its a fun and memorable event.

4. The food at Beachtree is better than ever with Chef Angela having just spent an intensive month studying Italian dishes in Italy. Try her arugula, prosciutto, mascarpone pizza...

5. They have added even more wonderful new classes to the sports and fitness center. Do go.

My favorite addition of all of their recent renovations and improvements is the coffee bar at Ulu. Its just the perfect place to sit and enjoy a fresh Italian espresso, read the paper, and watch the ocean.

Hope to see you there....if you'd like to go pm me.

ps.

Whales season is coming!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
Received an e-mail from FS Hualalai re my upcoming arrival that because of high occupancy, my room will not be available for early check-in prior to 3 p.m., but that they'd find me as soon as it's ready, "hopefully by the check-in time."

Yet, if I go to the website and try to do a dummy booking of a room for the preceding evening (either for just that one night or through the period I'll be there), all room types are available. Doesn't this mean that by definition, they'll have an empty room theoretically available for my early check-in if they have vacancies in all rooms the previous night? And if so, why are they giving me this run-around?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.fourseasons.com/hualalai/...om_comparison/
up to 66 rooms per category - you have to talk to management about room numbers
there is a trade off between early check in and choice of room

Originally Posted by blueheronNC
my room

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://www.fourseasons.com/hualalai/...om_comparison/
up to 66 rooms per category - you have to talk to man10agement about room numbers
there is a trade off between early check in and choice of room
Usually, with a beach resort, I put a great deal of effort into exactly where our room is situated, but one of the things I really enjoy about the Four Seasons Hualalai is that whether you are in the Palm Grove, by the Beachtree pool, the Seashell pool, or the Kings Pond, you are going to have either a partial ocean view or an ocean view, and all of the rooms are very large, with large soaking tubs and walk-in showers, double vanities, and walk-in closets. In addition to these four crescents (which hug the ocean), there are 4 or 5 garden view rooms which have a view of a garden area, and about 10 rooms which have ocean golf views and are absolutely perfect if you love to golf. Can you tell I'm a fan of this property? Haha. Looking forward to seeing many of you at the upcoming Flyertalk Hualalai Do!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.