Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Caribbean Private pool villa (at a resort) for < $400 in June, possible?

Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I've visited Thailand many times, and they have lots of private pool villas for decent prices.. I'm looking to go anywhere in the caribbean in mid June (off season) but I'm having trouble finding something similar to what we had in thailand at an attractive price (we stayed at the Le Meridien Khao Lak).

I am looking for a picturesque island, nice and quiet beach, don't care for noise... I want a small villa with a pool (or plunge pool).. Having a hammock would be a plus :-)

The only place I've seen so far that offers something similar to this is Banyan Tree in Mexico - mayakoba (I'm open to mexico) but the price is much higher than I would like to spend ($700).

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:25 pm

The former MO, now called Blue Diamond, next to Mayakoba in Mexico is on Jetsetter right now, with great prices and all inclusive. I think the price is so good that if the food is awful you can walk over to Rosewood or Banyan Tree and eat there.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Looks like great promotional rates are available at the Grand Velas Riviera Maya.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by zigzag
The former MO, now called Blue Diamond, next to Mayakoba in Mexico is on Jetsetter right now, with great prices and all inclusive. I think the price is so good that if the food is awful you can walk over to Rosewood or Banyan Tree and eat there.
It's sad to hear this has been the fate of Mandarin Oriental Riviera Maya
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:10 am
Suspended

Why don't you Google for It. I am pretty sure that you will get some very decent deals.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chebraccia
Hi,

I've visited Thailand many times, and they have lots of private pool villas for decent prices.. I'm looking to go anywhere in the caribbean in mid June (off season) but I'm having trouble finding something similar to what we had in thailand at an attractive price (we stayed at the Le Meridien Khao Lak).

I am looking for a picturesque island, nice and quiet beach, don't care for noise... I want a small villa with a pool (or plunge pool).. Having a hammock would be a plus :-)

The only place I've seen so far that offers something similar to this is Banyan Tree in Mexico - mayakoba (I'm open to mexico) but the price is much higher than I would like to spend ($700).

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
I'm looking for something similar for May, although I rather like an outdoor private jacuzzi rather than a plunge pool, although a bigger private pool would be lovely too. If you find anything, let me know!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by emma69
I'm looking for something similar for May, although I rather like an outdoor private jacuzzi rather than a plunge pool, although a bigger private pool would be lovely too. If you find anything, let me know!
Banyan Tree Mayakoba has villas with both private pools and hot tubs.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Banyan Tree Mayakoba has villas with both private pools and hot tubs.
It looks lovely, but unfortunately $950 per night (plus food, drinks, flights, transport) is a bit out of this year's budget, especially as we are looking for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the suggestion tho - I think the multi-bedroom accommodations look great for future, my parents have been muttering about wanting to try Mexico sometime, and I think they would really like this resort.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:37 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The Rosewood Mayakoba prices itself for considerably less and has plunge pools in its base level accommodations. It also has a lot of fans on this forum.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Ritz Carlton Stars, Four Seasons Preferred, Rosewood Elite
Try the Viceroy Riviera Maya ~ all villas with private plunge pools starting at $423. V amenities to include continental breakfast for 2, tequila & ceviche tasting class & $50 spa credit. Hope that helps!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:48 pm

I spent my honeymoon in St John USVI at this place. It has a small pool, and hottub. Deck area is large and has multiple rooms/buildings. It needed a little updating but was clean comfortable. ac worked great, and the views are unbeatable. The place was very quiet, We were never disturbed by any noise, but if you go there just make sure to ask about any construction in the area. some villas I looked at had new units under construction nearby. The beaches on St John are great, and if you hit them early in the morning, or in the evenings you can find beaches that you can have practically to yourself.

http://www.cloud9villas.com/discount...ne-dates-rates

There are many villa options on St John, but I have experience with this one.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:04 pm

FYI: Just saw on Jetsetter they have Banyan Tree Mayakoba for $375 a night all summer. We are really thinking of pulling the trigger on a room for July.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:56 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
FYI: Just saw on Jetsetter they have Banyan Tree Mayakoba for $375 a night all summer. We are really thinking of pulling the trigger on a room for July.
If you like whale sharks....that is peak time.
How does jetsetter work? I wonder if anyone else is getting those kind of rates? Virtuoso, etc? The Banyan Tree is typically the most expensive of the mayakoba properties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.