Wiki Posts
Search

FS Maui Garden View Room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, AMEX Cent, Hertz Gold, Priority Pass, Delta AMEX Reserve
FS Maui Garden View Room

Wondering if anyone has stayed in a garden view room at FS Maui located on 4th floor looking over the inner courtyard near the back of hotel. Looks like a long walk down hallway from elevator. Any comments?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:35 pm

That will be a very nice room. The walk is not an issue... it is not far at all... and if you move up a floor(s), that same room above you becomes partial ocean view (or ocean view). If you move to the back of the horseshoe over the inner courtyard (further walk from elevator), that room is ocean view prime ($$$). The shortest walk to elevators are the oceanfront suites... yours for about $3k a night (cha ching). The only room that i would not choose is Mountain view... view over parking garage. Hope that helps!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by wayzfam
Wondering if anyone has stayed in a garden view room at FS Maui located on 4th floor looking over the inner courtyard near the back of hotel. Looks like a long walk down hallway from elevator. Any comments?
Have stayed in this section of hotel and we liked the rooms very well. The inner facing Garden rooms are one of the best values in the property.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
Originally Posted by mktozd
Have stayed in this section of hotel and we liked the rooms very well. The inner facing Garden rooms are one of the best values in the property.
Just got back from 3 night stay there this past weekend. Had room 769, which I believe is a Partial Ocean View room. Booked a Garden View Room. It was at the back corner of the resort facing inward. The walk from room to elevators is a minute or two, not that bad, but not super convenient if you want to go back to your room to get stuff.

This is the farthest back we have stayed in our three visits.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. They told us we would be in room 427 and 429. Out other option was pov on 5th floor in the building that looks out over croquet and whale sculpture. Seemed like rooms inside the U were better views.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:08 am

This all really depends if you are frequent visitor to FR Maui and more important hotel capacity. Garden/mountain view could include looking at part of the parking lot/drive in back of the hotel if it is at capacity or in season.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:27 pm

Just stayed in 311.
Really enjoyed being able to walk out into the "garden" area.
On the last night they moved us to 476 - I preferred the floor plan, but at some points there was noise from delivery trucks.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Now we have been switched to ocean view rooms 533/534 that overlook the croquet, whale and putting area. We are going during festive 2012 so they assign rooms now with no chance for upgrades. Anyone ever stayed in rooms in this location/building?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:09 pm

Now we have been switched to ocean view rooms 533/534 that overlook the croquet, whale and putting area. We are going during festive 2012 so they assign rooms now with no chance for upgrades. Anyone ever stayed in rooms in this location/building?
We just stayed there for our honeymoon last week. 634 in fact. It's a bit of a walk from the elevators but otherwise no complaints. You are next to the road where cars enter and exit but we were not bothered by noise. And many a morning/evening, we were easily able to spot whales from our lanai. ^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for info. Sounds like a decent area. Did the traffic from the driveway bother you? How long did it take to walk from lobby to room. My concern is that it looks a bit farther than I would like to get to the room, especially with 3 kids.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
We stayed in the Garden room in the center and liked those very well. We walked over to the whale and putting area and thought it gave particularly good views of ocean and serenity pool. The only garden rooms that seemed suspect were those overlooking grand wailea. Good luck on your festive 2012 reservations.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:43 am

Thanks for info. Sounds like a decent area. Did the traffic from the driveway bother you? How long did it take to walk from lobby to room. My concern is that it looks a bit farther than I would like to get to the room, especially with 3 kids.
The traffic didn't bother us at all actually. The only time I noticed it was when I was standing on the lanai looking down at the pickup/dropoff area. Noise was not an issue.

The walk took about 2-3 minutes... further than most hotels I'm used to but by no means far.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:45 pm

The pristine beach at this hotel makes up for the density of the property.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:14 pm

I stayed in this section late last summer. I can't remember the room number though. The first time I walked to the room I thought the trek was comically long. But you get used to it quickly and I actually ended up appreciating the extra walking time because of all the food and beverage I was consuming. I didn't make it to the gym quite as much as I intended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.