Reload this Page >

Le Bristol Superior Room or Le Grand Prestige Suite as an RA

Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb

Hi,

This may or may not be an obvious choice depending on your perspective but am conflicted as to whether i should continue to stay at Le Grand or try something new - friends have raved on and on about Le Bristol.

For a 3 night stay a superior room at Le Bristol including breakfast is the same price as a Junior Suite at Le Grand, which as a Royal Ambassador they have already confirmed an upgrade to the Prestige Suite Opera View.

Should i forgo the location of the Le Grand and the RA amenities for a taste of something different or should i enjoy the Le Grand for what it is?

Thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by slickalick
Hi,

This may or may not be an obvious choice depending on your perspective but am conflicted as to whether i should continue to stay at Le Grand or try something new - friends have raved on and on about Le Bristol.

For a 3 night stay a superior room at Le Bristol including breakfast is the same price as a Junior Suite at Le Grand, which as a Royal Ambassador they have already confirmed an upgrade to the Prestige Suite Opera View.

Should i forgo the location of the Le Grand and the RA amenities for a taste of something different or should i enjoy the Le Grand for what it is?

Thank you.

From a brief look at their websites, it seems as though the Le Grand suite is 38sm, while the Le Bristol superior room is 40sm.

On that basis, I think it's Le Bristol hands down. Provided you've booked with a Virtuoso/FHR agent, even more so, as those benefits would largely cancel out the RA ones.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:24 am

Le Grande is also a Virtuoso property and the benifits are combinable with RA benefits.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:46 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The Bristol offers an airport transfer with a 3 night stay under Virtuoso....that and the overall better F&B would give the Bristol the edge in IMHO. RA or not, IC is not the same league.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:23 am

No contest - le Bristol - better service, better food, better all round.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:04 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Prestige suites are typically on the same floor as the Club Lounge (5th, I think) and have sloping ceilings due to the mansard roofing. I actually don't know why it is considered a suite of prestige, the Jr. Suites with Opera view are significantly better and grander.

Between a Prestige Suite at Le Grand and Superior room at Le Bristol -- on Virtuoso -- I would go for the Bristol.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Hi, thank you all for your thoughts. If we do stay at Le Bristol, it would be on a very attractive corporate rate which only includes breakfast.

Bearing that in mind, does one still consider Le Bristol to be the better choice?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:23 pm

Hi, thank you all for your thoughts. If we do stay at Le Bristol, it would be on a very attractive corporate rate which only includes breakfast.

Bearing that in mind, does one still consider Le Bristol to be the better choice?
Without doubt!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Le Bristol would indeed be the better hotel. But in terms of value for the Euro, the Le Grand as an RA on a corporate rate always wins. Free Mini-bar, club access, suite, 8am check in, 4pm checkout, etc. all while paying a cheap low-end rate which is probably less than half of what you would pay for a suite at Le Bristol, not to mention all the other benefits if you like raiding the mini-bar and using the Club.

Last edited by stimpy; Mar 4, 2012 at 3:43 am
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I would do the first night at Le Grand, clear the mini-bar, and then spend other two nights at Le Bristol where I would enjoy the mini-bar items from the IC.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francophile
I would do the first night at Le Grand, clear the mini-bar, and then spend other two nights at Le Bristol where I would enjoy the mini-bar items from the IC.
Thinking outside the ice-box. I like it.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:45 am

I would definitely choose Le Bristol.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luxury
The Prestige suites are typically on the same floor as the Club Lounge (5th, I think) and have sloping ceilings due to the mansard roofing.
Actually you can find Prestige suites on all floors, though I'm not sure about the 1st. If I remember correctly I was recently in 2600 or 2602 and it was a Prestige suite. These of course do not have sloping ceilings like some of the 5th floor suites. And the inner 5th floor suites have normal ceilings too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.