Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels In New York

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels In New York

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 10:29 pm

I will be in NY in June with my 7 yo son. Usually would stay at The Greenwich or Crosby Street if by myself but would like to stay midtown with him. I can't seem to find any commentary here on Langham Place which I note is a LHW. I've walked past it previously and don't mind the location. Room size looks very generous. Any thoughts?
Old May 28, 2015, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by rthaniss
I will be in NY in June with my 7 yo son. Usually would stay at The Greenwich or Crosby Street if by myself but would like to stay midtown with him. I can't seem to find any commentary here on Langham Place which I note is a LHW. I've walked past it previously and don't mind the location. Room size looks very generous. Any thoughts?
I have never been to the Langham, so can't comment.

I think Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Peninsula, and Ritz-Catlton Central Park would be good choices.
Old May 29, 2015, 1:30 am

Langham= ex Capella/Setai. Service can be hit and miss.
Good value it is most definitely. Especially if you need ample space. Love their Rivolta Carmignani linens.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I agree that Langham Place is a good value with spacious rooms. It's also a member of Virtuoso.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:06 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Langham Place is a good value -- especially Executive Place categories and higher. Executive Places are large Jr. Suite type rooms averaging about 750 sq ft but some rooms feel darker than others. I would always request Fifth Avenue side as rooms on that side tend to be brighter.

Empire State views are only worth it if you are higher than the 20th floor -- you don't realize how massive that building is as most times you are blocks and blocks away viewing it. At the Langham, you are one block away.

The house Maserati is great and does drop offs in a 20 block (give or take) radius of the hotel.

Service was warm and quite caring -- they cared more about how my stay was both at the hotel and in NYC than the Plaza or Peninsula did. At peak times, like all hotels in NYC, service can become a little slow but not disastrously so.

Aside from the Executive Place, I also recommend the Residence Suites for the kitchen and laundry facilities.

Dining at Ai Fiori is very good -- book early as the place sells out nightly.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Stayed at the Langham (Setai) in 2012. Over all a good choice, but even at this time you could see the poor building quality. Not sure how it looks today. Suites are spacious and nice.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Even if MO was more expensive, I would still recommend it over The Pen!
That applies to most cities. Could not agree more!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:40 pm

Thankyou everyone, that was very helpful. Sounds like it will be a good option as it's only for a couple of nights and the extra space is appealing.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Any feedback on Park Hyatt? Considering booking it for a Labor Day weekend getaway. Looks great based on my online research but would love some informed opinions.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:02 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Universal
Any feedback on Park Hyatt? Considering booking it for a Labor Day weekend getaway. Looks great based on my online research but would love some informed opinions.
There's a huge thread with both positives and negatives on this hotel in the Hyatt forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Suites in the Wythe Hotel in are pretty nice. Terrace. Fantastic views. Nice room. Decent service. No gym or spa. Close to LGA. Williamsburg is pretty happening. Not cheap. Might be my top choice in NYC now.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There's a huge thread with both positives and negatives on this hotel in the Hyatt forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479
While there is a TON of good info there, I'd argue that it's almost minimally relevant to the Luxury Hotels forum, the main reason being: it seems that 90% of the negative feedback not that forum relate to Gold Passport/elite recognition issues. Someone booked on a Virtuoso rate, for example, probably doesn't care how a Diamond is treated so long as the hard product is good
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

You could do a lot better in NY than the PH. Like the Pen or MO for example. Money would be best spent elsewhere.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Aventine
You could do a lot better in NY than the PH. Like the Pen or MO for example. Money would be best spent elsewhere.
I agree. I would only use the PH if I were chasing Hyatt stays.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
+1. Don't forget the Pen is offering confirmed upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.