Getting the best deal at Jumeirah Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the best deal at Jumeirah Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Quick question. Jumeriah says you get airlines points for bookings at Hotels and for Food spend.

Has anyone been successful in getting these points if booking via a 3rd party site, either by ringing the Hotel and adding your FF Number to the booking and showing your FF card on checkin?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by spizzy
Quick question. Jumeriah says you get airlines points for bookings at Hotels and for Food spend.

Has anyone been successful in getting these points if booking via a 3rd party site, either by ringing the Hotel and adding your FF Number to the booking and showing your FF card on checkin?
You should get them for food but not the room rate.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, American AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, Asiana Club
I am booked into the Creekside with the wife and two kids for two separate 4 day visits in May, 2015. We have the Deluxe, One King Bed - Summer in the City package booked through Expedia for just short of $200 per day. Any advice on how to maximize our experience on these visits?

From reading this thread it appears the Creekside no longer allows access to the Madinat , but it also appears we do get one beach pass a day. Is that correct? Any promos in place that would help out on the price, meals or land an upgrade?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by otter7
I am booked into the Creekside with the wife and two kids for two separate 4 day visits in May, 2015. We have the Deluxe, One King Bed - Summer in the City package booked through Expedia for just short of $200 per day. Any advice on how to maximize our experience on these visits?

From reading this thread it appears the Creekside no longer allows access to the Madinat , but it also appears we do get one beach pass a day. Is that correct? Any promos in place that would help out on the price, meals or land an upgrade?
The beach pass is for Madinat ....

What you need to do, when you use your free pass, is to work out how to get down to the beach without security stopping you next time. Relatively easily done because the hotels are rabbit warrens, especially Madinat.

I am booked in Creekside for a night in April before our flight, will let you know how it goes.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, American AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, Asiana Club
Sounds great. Thanks! Was I right that you get one pass a day? I thought I read somewhere there was confusion about whether it was one pass a day or one pass per stay.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I think it is one pass per stay.

As Raffles says, it is relatively easy to get beachside anyway. You can book a restaurant for example beachside......

I've not stayed at the Creekside yet (also have a one night booking in April after arriving on a late night flight). Tripadvisor reviews are generally very good.

The Jumeirah hotels restaurants Friday brunches can be very good. You can often get 2-4-1 on the Entertainer website deals (Latitude, Beachcomber plus others at Madinat). Expensive but not too bad if you can get the 2-4-1 voucher.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by otter7
Sounds great. Thanks! Was I right that you get one pass a day? I thought I read somewhere there was confusion about whether it was one pass a day or one pass per stay.
No, is one pass per stay.

I think Creekside was always one per STAY. Emirates Towers, a more expensive hotel, was one per DAY but that changed as of this January.

You also get one set of Wild Wadi passes per stay.

One option is to move to Emirates Towers after a couple of days so you can start again with the vouchers.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Otter7, I am also booked on the summer (in the city?) rate in May. I e-mailed the concierge yesterday to ask about which beach was included. It is currently the Zabeel Saray (but this is subject to change "depending on the operations without prior notice"). The concierge also sent me a copy of the shuttle schedule. They do not currently provide transport to Madinat. It's a loop to Dubai Mall, Wild Wadi and Zabeel Saray. (Although come to think of it, you could probably walk or otherwise get from Wild Wadi to Madinat easily). The shuttle does a couple of loops in the morning, a couple in the afternoon, and then a couple more in the late evening.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing wrong with the Zabeel beach but when we were there 18 months ago it took 13 minutes to drive from the bottom of the Palm to the hotel - ignoring the time taken to drive to the bottom of the Palm in the first place. If you look at a map of the Palm and work out the furthest spot from the entrance, that is Zabeel!

(Well, slight lie, it is One & Only with Zabeel next door.)

Wild Wadi is on the beach and, to all intents and purposes, connected to Jumeirah Beach Hotel (although you would not know this given where the shuttle drops you) with Madinat a 5 minute beach walk away.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anyone at a Jumeirah over Easter, they are doing 20 per cent off meals in many restaurants if you pay with a MasterCard. List on the website.

If you are a guest, you need to pay on the spot rather than adding it to your room bill to get the saving.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Nothing wrong with the Zabeel beach but when we were there 18 months ago it took 13 minutes to drive from the bottom of the Palm to the hotel - ignoring the time taken to drive to the bottom of the Palm in the first place. If you look at a map of the Palm and work out the furthest spot from the entrance, that is Zabeel!

(Well, slight lie, it is One & Only with Zabeel next door.)

Wild Wadi is on the beach and, to all intents and purposes, connected to Jumeirah Beach Hotel (although you would not know this given where the shuttle drops you) with Madinat a 5 minute beach walk away.
Yes, per the shuttle timetable, it's one hour from JCH to Zabeel. Any idea how much a taxi would cost and how much quicker it would be?

Last edited by RichardInSF; Mar 26, 2015 at 12:22 pm Reason: consecdutive posts by same poster
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£20 max, probably less. Probably still 40 minutes though.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Creekside is offering 241 on suites even over Easter week which is odd. Just rebooked 2 nights before flight home, after 9 nights at DAM, for roughly same price but now in a suite twice the size plus club and double points.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Sirius changes on the way

Talking to one of the hotel managers in Dubai this week and he has told me that they are making changes to the Sirius programme and members will be notified soon.

I tried to push him to give me some clues and see if there will be any enhancements coming. The only thing he would say is that it will be simpler to use the points soon.

I'm suspicious... Raffles, see if DAM can tell you any more!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Talking to one of the hotel managers in Dubai this week and he has told me that they are making changes to the Sirius programme and members will be notified soon.

I tried to push him to give me some clues and see if there will be any enhancements coming. The only thing he would say is that it will be simpler to use the points soon.

I'm suspicious... Raffles, see if DAM can tell you any more!
Too late ... currently in Creekside (complete nightmare!) before flight home tomorrow. Staff here would be unable to tell me the time of day .....

Not sure how you can make the scheme 'easier' when Sirius is the only scheme which puts EVERY room category up for redemption at attractive rates - hence the 9 nights we had at DAM in a very expensive suite, for free. Annoying October half term was not redeemable last time I checked, looks like I need to lock it in as soon as I see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.