Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS Nevis

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
That would be Sunshine's famous Killer Bee. My wife and I drank two of those each and forgot what year it was. What do they put in those things?!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Stayed there two years ago for 5 nights in June, with no kids. Believe we ended up in a Plantation suite.

Very much enjoyed it, but was not blown away. A very typical bigger beach resort (at least, to me), but with FS service. I preferred Amanyara, which was much more private/intimate.

But, I will say the staff there were so charming and sweet - I especially recall one woman on the beach and one in the main restaurant. We had such a good time with them.

To be honest, my favorite memories were strolling down the beach (to the left, when facing the water) and heading to one of the beach shacks (trying to remember the name, and struggling) to have their famous Killer Bee rum punches. Have two of those, and everything will be alright .

Also enjoyed the live music each night while having dinner at the resort.

Went to the Montpelier, and really enjoyed the ambiance and location. However, it is a bit of a hike to the beach, which seems a shame given you're in the Caribbean.

Maybe split between the two? I think that's what I would do if going back ... assuming you've enough nights to make it worth it.

Pretty island.
Thanks for this! I had the same concerns about the Montpelier, so sounds like a good choice. Sadly just 5 nights so prob will stick on Nevis vs hopping around Caribbean, but good target for next trip after this one
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Another really nice place to stay that is very small and right on the beach is Nisbet Plantation Beach Club. We had a great stay there.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...nevis-now.html
plus new hotel villa(s) at pinneys near beach

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 1, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:18 pm

Please see my review on the contemporary villas at Four Seasons I posted in May, it can be found by clicking on the link of the thread above this.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:32 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alicoll55
Please see my review on the contemporary villas at Four Seasons I posted in May, it can be found by clicking on the link of the thread above this.
The thread referred to may have been above this when that note was written, but it isn't now, so I just combined the two threads. The review will be found at post #11.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:55 am

Lyn Middlehurst of The Gallivanter's Guide tweeted that FS are developing plans for the Dominican Republic but also for a 140-unit hotel in Aspen.

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything more about Edinburgh. It seems that Rosewood are moving forward with a development in the city that was rumoured to be a FS development, but I've heard of two more significant hotel developments (in better locations) that might be opening up soon. It would be interesting to know if FS are still interested in the Scottish capital.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.