Reload this Page >

Resort Fees update: Four Seasons Las Vegas

Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G

I just found out that the Four Seasons Las Vegas will be charging a $20 Resort fee on stays from 16 October 2011 onwards. From the website:

A Resort fee of USD 20.00 per night (plus applicable taxes) will be applied to all reservations for October 16, 2011, and beyond.
This fee includes in-room wired or wireless Internet access for multiple devices; wireless Internet access in the lobby, pool and Verandah restaurant; full access to the fitness and wet areas; in-room coffee and tea service; daily newspaper; unlimited in-room local and toll-free calls; and shoeshine service.

The Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas is not officially confirming or denying a resort fee but there are rumours that they also are looking to introduce a resort fee at about $25-30.

The Four Seasons Jackson Hole, Scottsdale and Vail are also considering resort fees.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL FO
Thanks for the info.

My two biggest pet peeves with luxury hotels are paying for internet(resort fees) and paying for valet parking. If you are charging me $400+/night, then let me park my rental and check my email for free. Is that asking for too much?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luxury
Four Seasons Las Vegas

plus applicable taxes

Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas

Four Seasons Jackson Hole, Scottsdale and Vail
so not doing it for tax avoidance purposes.

seems internet was $15, so that means $5 for local calls.

Originally Posted by TTBHG
If you are charging me $400+/night
FS vail = $860 after 5th nt free with Min 5 night stay Dec. 25 to Dec. 28.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:02 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

They should integrate this in their rates. Feels soooooo silly to pay this extra in a luxury hotel. Even sillyer when they state that the rate includes fitness access, coffee/tea, shoeshine etc. which - I guess - was complimentary earlier (at least this has been complimentary at the FS that I have visited).
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

At the FS Vegas the hotel has upgraded their wifi infrastructure so the internet is much faster and the fee does cover multiple devices. The in room coffee maker is currently Keurig and will be upgraded to Nespresso once the renovations are complete. At least you can see investment in certain products.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
FS vail = $860 after 5th nt free with Min 5 night stay Dec. 25 to Dec. 28.
I guess I need to rule Vail out of my search. My wife just mentioned last night that she wanted to go on a winter vacation in mid December with her last four vacation days. My thoughts were Aspen, Vail or Jackson Hole.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

So far, I do not see anything on the FS Vail, Jackson Hole nor Scottsdale websites about a resort fee but from my source it is on its way. However, the language on the website has been modified to include a resort fee:

Rates are per room, per night and do not include applicable taxes, service charges, levies, resort fees or surcharges, unless otherwise noted. Rates are subject to change.

I would book now to avoid any potential resort fee as if you book they announce it the hotel cannot assess it post hoc.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTBHG
I guess I need to rule Vail out of my search. My wife just mentioned last night that she wanted to go on a winter vacation in mid December with her last four vacation days. My thoughts were Aspen, Vail or Jackson Hole.
after 5th nt free >
$336 through dec 15
$540 through dec 22
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by luxury
So far, I do not see anything on the FS Vail, Jackson Hole nor Scottsdale websites about a resort fee but from my source it is on its way. However, the language on the website has been modified to include a resort fee:

Rates are per room, per night and do not include applicable taxes, service charges, levies, resort fees or surcharges, unless otherwise noted. Rates are subject to change.

I would book now to avoid any potential resort fee as if you book they announce it the hotel cannot assess it post hoc.

Just FYI, I just did a dummy booking at the FS Vail for 12/3-12/7 and it says....

Please note that guests will be charged a separate resort fee of USD 30 plus tax per room, per night, in addition to their room rate. The resort fee includes various amenities, such as complimentary transportation within Vail Village, access to the fitnes center, standard in-room Internet access, local phone calls, newspapers, in-room and morning lobby coffee and tea service, access to the Resort's Kids for All Seasons programme, and use of private lockers and refreshments at our off-site Ski Concierge during the winter season.

Last edited by TTBHG; Aug 29, 2011 at 7:08 pm
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
after 5th nt free >
$336 through dec 15
$540 through dec 22
Is that for Vail? I am looking at 12/3-12/7 and the cheapest I see is $420/night. If I add the fifth night 12/8 it comes out after the discount to, you guessed it, $420/night.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:10 am
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
The resort fee is now $25 per day. My boss just stayed at the Four Seasons LV last week
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:21 am

Are you able to decline the Resort Fee? Either at this 4S or any other Las Vegas hotel?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:09 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by best
Are you able to decline the Resort Fee? Either at this 4S or any other Las Vegas hotel?
Nope
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by best
Never heared about this option at any hotel.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:25 pm

You can't decline the resort fee but sometimes hotels will waive the fee upon request. Your chances are better if you are a high roller or you if have status with the hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.