Wiki Posts
Search

Villa Rothschild (near Frankfurt) Report

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Villa Rothschild (near Frankfurt) Report

I finally was able to organize my photos and thoughts about the magnificent Villa Rothschild.

I divided my review into two parts, the 22-room hotel and the 2 Michelin star gourmet restaurant. The hotel review has 3 virtual tours, the restaurant review has 1.

Villa Rothschild Kempinski Hotel Review

In 1949, an unusual gathering took place at the Villa Rothschild. German politicians including Konrad Adenauer, Theodor Heuss, Adolph Schönfelder, and Hermann Strafer gathered to formulate post-war Germany’s fundamental rights laws (Grundrechte).

Today, the hospitality of the villa, originally built in 1894 for Wilhelm Carl von Rothschild, is not limited to world leaders. Indeed, vacationers and business travelers from around the world can enjoy the hotel’s 22 elegant rooms and sprawling park grounds.

THE ROOM

My deluxe room was elegant and exceptionally comfortable. The bed, which seemed larger than a typical king size bed, was not too hard and not too soft. I enjoyed a good night’s sleep, waking up refreshed and ready for the challenges of the day.

<SNIP>

Restaurant Villa Rothschild

An extraordinary experience awaits you in the Restaurant Villa Rothschild. The gourmet restaurant seats 38 people and tables are nicely spaced, affording maximum privacy.

Even if you are not staying at the Villa Rothschild Kempinski, a 22-room luxury hotel, a visit to the restaurant is in order if you are anywhere near Frankfurt.

Restaurant Villa Rothschild is the vision of chef Christoph Rainer, who was awarded a second Michelin star in late 2010. The dining room is managed by Arnaud Juillot, who seemed to be able to anticipate every diner’s need.
<SNIP>
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:24 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We've considered this hotel for long layovers in FRA. Nice to know the airport transfers are complimentary! The hotel looks as lovely as I suspected. How did you find the grounds? Any walking opportunities?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ericka
We've considered this hotel for long layovers in FRA. Nice to know the airport transfers are complimentary! The hotel looks as lovely as I suspected. How did you find the grounds? Any walking opportunities?
The grounds are lovely - unfortunately between a lengthy spa visit and meetings, I didn't have the opportunity to really walk too much (which is a shame, because I would have loved to have been able to explore the park).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.