Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gallivanter's Guide Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Gallivanter's Guide Forum

Those of you who are GG subscribers - would not you want to see a forum on GG website, much like FT and Andrew Harper?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by namaguide
Those of you who are GG subscribers - would not you want to see a forum on GG website, much like FT and Andrew Harper?
No! I really dislike the Andrew Harper format.
Gallivanters is IMHO more sophisticated and they are not throwing advertisements at us!
The Luxury forum here on FT is excellent though.

Last edited by paul2; Jun 15, 2011 at 1:26 pm
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:27 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

I do not feel the need. Lyn Middelhurst is answering all emails from subscribers personally, quick and extremely helpful answers every time I have asked her something. I think this is more helpful than a forum and more in line with luxury and personal service. And in addition I have all of you here as well. What more can I ask for?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

I agree with you but it is still lacking a forum.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:28 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

I agree with you but it is still lacking a forum.
But what about this one? Lots of GG subscribers and lots of other really well travelled people.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if this forum didnt exist, im sure they would have made one..

IIRC in the discussion about harper forum someone said there were only 2 people that were like the regulars in this forum.

in case you didnt realize, harper is a travel agency, that in many cases doesnt even deal directly with clients. i posted info on their business model.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 15, 2011 at 1:34 pm
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
GG + FT LH = my perfect combination for Luxury Travellers!

For me, the best combination is my Gallivanter subscription, the Luxury Hotel Forum here on flyertalk and sometimes a little e-mail to Lyn Middlehurst.

If Gallivanter opens a forum, it would not be better than this one, because there will be less contributing subscribers than contributing Flyertalkers here. And every Gallivanter subscriber, who wants to share, can and will easily post on this forum here.

So: There is no need for another luxury hotel forum anywhere else, since it's better to have one concentrated point where all luxury hotel aficionados share and discuss, and not have a split between many different places with less contributors.

Last edited by deer; Jun 16, 2011 at 12:51 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deer
it's better to have one concentrated point where all luxury hotel aficionados share and discuss, and not have a split between many different places with less contributors.
totally agree with deer

best forum on the internet ^

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 16, 2011 at 6:00 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just out of curiosity I went to the GG site and it seems to have subscriber's forum. Am I seeing things?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just out of curiosity I went to the GG site and it seems to have subscriber's forum. Am I seeing things?
Indeed it does,but i think what the OP was alluding to was an instant forum such as FT. I agree with the other posters that as Lyn is so readily available to reply to queries that this service supersedes a regular 'instant' forum.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

For me, the best combination is my Gallivanter Subscriptions, the Luxury Hotel Forum here on flyertalk and sometimes a little e-mail to Lyn Middlehurst.
I agree with deer entirely--very well said!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: thy miles and smiles, lufthansa miles and more
For me, the best combination is my Gallivanter subscription, the Luxury Hotel Forum here on flyertalk and sometimes a little e-mail to Lyn Middlehurst.
+1^
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:27 am
Original Poster

I am so delighted - Lyn Middlehurst is the leader of luxury travel. I cannot wait for her next issue of the ultimate hotel guide.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Have you read the report on Aman Sveti Stefan in the Departures magazine? They say that rooms start at €560 per night - I am not sure where they got this from?! Nothing can surpass Ms Middlehurst's accuracy and writing style!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:24 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Have you read the report on Aman Sveti Stefan in the Departures magazine? They say that rooms start at €560 per night - I am not sure where they got this from?! Nothing can surpass Ms Middlehurst's accuracy and writing style!
Must be something about dollar exchange rates. The Aman Sveti Stefan site says start € 700 (village room), top € 2500 (Sveti Stefan Suite).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.