Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
the room I have booked isn't a club room, but not sure if I get access with Ritz Platinum (I don't think I do) or if they would upgrade me to a club room (again, I don't think they do that)
I would sort it out before you book or be ready to pay about $100 USD for access.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:31 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by grumbler
I would sort it out before you book or be ready to pay about $100 USD for access.
I did get upgraded, however I was quoted at 1700+ HKG for club access, the money isn't an issue, just don't know if it's worth it.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I did get upgraded, however I was quoted at 1700+ HKG for club access, the money isn't an issue, just don't know if it's worth it.
Doubt it as the room is the same
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:55 pm

If I booked a deluxe room through Amex FHR, and used a Ritz Club cert, what room would I most likely end up in (for three nights in early Sept). I am Ritz Gold.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Doubt it as the room is the same
The hotel can be a bit of a circus, and there is some value in a quieter public space. Plus if you like to eat or have cocktails in the hotel, I suppose that also might make it reasonable. Adn you get access to the hotel car for the short hops.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by grumbler
The hotel can be a bit of a circus, and there is some value in a quieter public space. Plus if you like to eat or have cocktails in the hotel, I suppose that also might make it reasonable. Adn you get access to the hotel car for the short hops.
Tell me more about this hotel car? how does it work?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by njxbean
Tell me more about this hotel car? how does it work?
A car is available to take guests around for short hops in Kowloon. I think one of them is a Mercedes S class, but there are others.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:32 pm

So you booked a standard room for 70,000 points and paid to upgrade to club level? Is this offer available to everyone?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ataturk
If I booked a deluxe room through Amex FHR, and used a Ritz Club cert, what room would I most likely end up in (for three nights in early Sept). I am Ritz Gold.
How did you get the club certificate applied? RC told me Amex had to do it and Amex would not call RC on my behalf.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
A friend told me it's worthwhile to book the Birthday Delight Spa Package of the RC. Any additional comments about it are welcome. Did anybody book the couples suite?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
So I'll have an overnight layover in HKG because of an upcoming mileage run and I'm too cheap to pay for a hotel (and I'm posting in the RC HK thread... I know, I know...). While I'm opposed to paying for a hotel room, I'm not opposed to paying for some drinks at Ozone to enjoy the evening. Would the hotel allow me to store my baggage (for a fee, I'm sure) and head to Ozone for the evening? Or will they not check baggage for non-guests? Also, is there free wi-fi in the lobby, or should I head to Starbucks if I'm expecting that kind of thing?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by brewdog11
So I'll have an overnight layover in HKG because of an upcoming mileage run and I'm too cheap to pay for a hotel (and I'm posting in the RC HK thread... I know, I know...). While I'm opposed to paying for a hotel room, I'm not opposed to paying for some drinks at Ozone to enjoy the evening. Would the hotel allow me to store my baggage (for a fee, I'm sure) and head to Ozone for the evening? Or will they not check baggage for non-guests? Also, is there free wi-fi in the lobby, or should I head to Starbucks if I'm expecting that kind of thing?
I was visiting a friend that worked at ICC last Feb and was able to store my carry on bag at the Ritz for about 3 hours while I hung out with him at the Ozone bar. Usually if you tell the bell desk you are spending money at one of the hotel's venues they'll be happy to accommodate you.
Old May 10, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Trip report from an 1 night stay here as MR Plat. Booked an deluxe room and was upgraded to an Grand Harbor room on 115, same room size but nice view of grand harbor. Was offered Club level access for 1300hkd + 10% but I didn't opt for it since I'll be eating/drinking at other venues.

Beautiful 118th floor pool and nice lighting when I went for a swim at 9pm. Also very nice staff, one of whom went up the elevator and showed me to my room. Welcome chocolate brought to room 15 minutes after I checked in.

Overall nice onetime treat being able to say I stayed at the highest hotel in the world and swam at the highest pool. This stay reconfirms my decision to stay at JW Marriotts when convenient though.

I don't have the budget to book Ritz club floor suites so I'll save my money and enjoy the JW luxury experience with frequent suite upgrades, lounge access, and included breakfast.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Trip report. Had an amazing stay on the last leg of my honeymoon. Booked a regular room via points. However, the grand relations officer Nour upgraded us to club level and also decorated our room with roses spelling out happy honeymoon. She even went so far as to find a picture of my and my wife online and frame it with hong kong as the backdrop saying happy honeymoon. We were truly impressed.

Also, we ate Brunch(dum sum) at Tim Lung Heen which was amazing. We had a drink at ozone but we werent very impressed by the bar tbh. The club spread however was pretty solid and the views from the club are ridiculous. All in all great stay! ^
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by njxbean
Trip report. Had an amazing stay on the last leg of my honeymoon. Booked a regular room via points. However, the grand relations officer Nour upgraded us to club level and also decorated our room with roses spelling out happy honeymoon. She even went so far as to find a picture of my and my wife online and frame it with hong kong as the backdrop saying happy honeymoon. We were truly impressed.

Also, we ate Brunch(dum sum) at Tim Lung Heen which was amazing. We had a drink at ozone but we werent very impressed by the bar tbh. The club spread however was pretty solid and the views from the club are ridiculous. All in all great stay! ^
Hope you also hit the rooftop hot tub !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.