Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Majorca - new places to stay

Majorca - new places to stay

Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Any luxury properties with direct beach access?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by christianj
St. Regis for example
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
St. Regis for example
For example but I get the impression looking at the information on the hotel and from the SPG Forum that calling the St. Regis a beachfront hotel is definitely a stretch.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:48 am

I'm glad this thread has been bumped. I'll be there for ~ 6 - 8 weeks for work in June/July.

All tips welcomed greatly.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:26 am

Look no further than Cap Rocat. Very intimate & secluded. They do not allow kids under 15 though, that's a deal breaker or selling point depending on your travel plans.

I'd avoid both Jumeirah and St Regis at all costs... they turn into a zoo, especially during high season.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Look no further than Cap Rocat. Very intimate & secluded. They do not allow kids under 15 though, that's a deal breaker or selling point depending on your travel plans.

I'd avoid both Jumeirah and St Regis at all costs... they turn into a zoo, especially during high season.
Thanks. That's a deal MAKER.

Now to see if work will foot the bill
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:09 am

The Gallivanter's just posted very favorably about Cap Rocat I believe.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Park Hyatt Mallorca

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
what's the deal with the PH? is that project still on? there is no more information on the PH website....
Hey, this is meant to be on track, my friend knows the manager there - this is one that I ABSOLUTELY CANT WAIT FOR! In fact I was hoping to organise a DO here. I already help Jenny organise the London Hyatt Flyertalk Do (in October see hyatt forum) but I know that all 60+ participants from this DO would love to experince this new resort. Having a DO gives us a bit of clout getting better rates and extras

As soon as I know more on this one I will be posting information here (as well as on my blog). I am sure this will be a fabulous property!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Cap Rocat has a small man-made beach and access to the very clear water below - a very pleasant experience indeed. Easily the best hotel on Mallorca these days.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Cap Rocat has a small man-made beach and access to the very clear water below - a very pleasant experience indeed. Easily the best hotel on Mallorca these days.

Thanks for the clarification! Definitely my top choice at this time along with Can Simoneta which looks just as nice with beach and slightly lower rates. Can Simoneta looks more intimate which should mean a more relaxing stay.

Any further comments on the two are appreciated!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:49 am

Cap Rocat looks really nice. Which accommodation type is the best? It seems their largest suite is El Cabo but there is no view from the swimming pool, while Sentinels suite indicates 'infinity plunge pool' which may be more appealing. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:50 am

I don't think anything could be more intimate than Cap Rocat - it only has 28 rooms and suites. Most a Amanlike - i.e. junior-suite style.

The 3 new sentinel suites are built into the rock, where the guns used to be, so they are not exactly suites, but quite snug rooms, with 2 bathrooms. The bed faces the terrace, which has a jacuzzi and a fair amount of space, with very good sea views below. Bit small for me.

The best suite is probably El Cabo which is differently furnished from the rest - very private & with a pool and garden.

Avoid the small Fortaleza rooms. The Cap Rocat Suites, which are all a bit different in size and shape are the nicest - a lot bigger than the new sentinel suites. Try for one with a large terrace overlooking the sea.

Decor is very simple, rustic stuff, but comfortable - probably more comfortable than most Amans.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:22 pm

We ended up booking a Junior Suite in the beach house building at Can Simoneta for our stay in August. (Cap Rocat wasn't available) Will post details on the stay when we return since there isn't much information available on FT on the property.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Ill visit Majorca for a congress and stay 4 nights at the St. Regis. I think about a few additional nights at Jumeirah or Cap Rocat. Im alone and not sure if the Suite at Cap Rocat is really worth the extra money (I know my speach over the last years ). Is it mainly the Terrace or is the room/ bathroom significant bigger?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.