Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:57 pm
In memoriam

Some RT update while it's fresh in my mind.

I'm doing airport transportation/restaurant reservation kinds of things now. All by email. And - after a false start with the concierge desk at the FS (I somehow got an incorrect email address at the beginning) - everything is going smoothly now. The concierge desk is very professional - responsive - helpful and polite. Fast too. Considering the 12 hour time difference. It's kind of hard to get a restaurant confirmation in 3 hours when I'm writing an email at 2 pm and it's 2 am in Singapore. The older I get (and the wiser I get ) - the more this kind of service means to me. Robyn
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:19 pm

I hope that as well as going to restaurants you're going to be eating in some hawker centres - that's where the best food in Singapore can be found.

Oh there's no such thing as free champagne - forgot to say that the price of the brunch at the FS is more if you have the champagne option.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:59 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I hope that as well as going to restaurants you're going to be eating in some hawker centres - that's where the best food in Singapore can be found.

Oh there's no such thing as free champagne - forgot to say that the price of the brunch at the FS is more if you have the champagne option.
Oh yes - we're going to mix it up. We're just reserving 2 higher end places. But even some non-higher end places (like one dim sum place I'm looking at - we love dim sum and can only get good dim sum when we travel) - well reservations are advised there as well. My problem at this point is I don't know how we'll feel in terms of jet lag. I know how we've felt when going to Japan - but this trip is about 6 hours longer - and gets us in at midnight as opposed to late afternoon. Whatever happens I am sure we won't starve . Robyn
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:11 pm

One place you won't starve is Singapore! Does the FS have a club lounge - I know we discussed this before - they're invaluable when you have jet lag for a couple of days and don't want to be out late.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:35 pm
In memoriam

I'm pretty sure the FS doesn't have a club lounge. OTOH - we'll probably buy/bring in our duty free allowance.

The way I read things as a traveler from the east coast of the US - based on our 2 trips to Japan - we will wake up super early in the morning. And do stuff outside when it's not that hot in a tropical place. The free included FSPP breakfast will read like lunch to us. And lunch elsewhere will read like dinner. And - by dinner time - at least for the first 3-4 days - we'll be fast asleep.

I'm sure there are people who are much better at jet lag than I am - but 12 time zones and I'm pretty much upside down. Robyn
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by robyng
Some RT update while it's fresh in my mind.

I'm doing airport transportation/restaurant reservation kinds of things now. All by email. And - after a false start with the concierge desk at the FS (I somehow got an incorrect email address at the beginning) - everything is going smoothly now. The concierge desk is very professional - responsive - helpful and polite. Fast too. Considering the 12 hour time difference. It's kind of hard to get a restaurant confirmation in 3 hours when I'm writing an email at 2 pm and it's 2 am in Singapore. The older I get (and the wiser I get ) - the more this kind of service means to me. Robyn
I feel the same way : I'm more looking for service than I used to.
Seems now that service / relationship is more important than hard product by itself.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS singapore "weekend oriental brunch" is 100% unique - 1 piece of dim sum at a time made-to-order
http://www.fourseasons.com/singapore...iental_brunch/ menu
http://www.fourseasons.com/singapore...nd_promotions/ prices
positive comments on oriental brunch - luxury, aa4ever, francophile, vuittonsofstyle, Musken
positive comments on oriental restaurant - stimpy, blueDC

in singapore, its interesting that RC, capella, regent, conrad, patina are all same owner. regent is managed by FS.

I'm pretty sure the FS doesn't have a club lounge
only briefly it seems >

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
[FS] singapore - club open from 2007 to 2008? - https://web.archive.org/web/20070703...e/club_lounge/
another former FS club >

Originally Posted by luxury
Club level of the Four Seasons Chinzan-So...closed in 2005...sad loss as it was a fantastic Club.
The older I get (and the wiser I get ) - the more this kind of service means to me
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
I'm more looking for service than I used to. Seems now that service / relationship is more important than hard product by itself
biggest change in what i notice may be how big problems are, versus when zero problems
i also very quickly joined those here who try to deal mostly with management level staff

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 7, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
One place you won't starve is Singapore! Does the FS have a club lounge - I know we discussed this before - they're invaluable when you have jet lag for a couple of days and don't want to be out late.
I didn't see or hear of a lounge when I stayed there around 2-3 months ago.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
I didn't see or hear of a lounge when I stayed there around 2-3 months ago.
They did previously:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ub-lounge.html

Also BKK and Shanghai have club lounges- they are available with any room and you just pay the access fee. Unless I am planning to have a lot of meetings in the hotel a club lounge in Bangkok and Singapore don't work for me- far too much good food close by to eat without getting stuck in the hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:21 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
in singapore, its interesting that RC, capella, regent, conrad, patina are all same owner. regent is managed by FS.

FS singapore weekend oriental brunch >
http://www.fourseasons.com/singapore...iental_brunch/ menu
http://www.fourseasons.com/singapore...nd_promotions/ prices
have they downgraded some?...
Don't know about any downgrade - but I just noticed that there are 2 different brunches/buffets on Sunday. The Chinese brunch and a more western type brunch. Can anyone who has tried (or even seen) both compare them? Robyn
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't know about any downgrade - but I just noticed that there are 2 different brunches/buffets on Sunday. The Chinese brunch and a more western type brunch. Can anyone who has tried (or even seen) both compare them? Robyn
I have had the western brunch and it was very good. I don't recall there was another separate Chinese brunch although I could well be misinformed. While the hotel is not well liked here the Fullerton Sunday brunch is a fun way to spend a few hours.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have had the western brunch and it was very good. I don't recall there was another separate Chinese brunch although I could well be misinformed. While the hotel is not well liked here the Fullerton Sunday brunch is a fun way to spend a few hours.
I also have only had the western brunch which was excellent. The Fullerton brunch was also excellent and in a great position by the river. I think that the breakfast at the FS will have an oriental section including dim sum.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: FT
Booked at the MO SIN for two days before my meetings. Wondering if the extra per night 120S$ is worth paying for club access. Any thoughts are appreciated. I would have several drinks each day.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
Booked at the MO SIN for two days before my meetings. Wondering if the extra per night 120S$ is worth paying for club access. Any thoughts are appreciated. I would have several drinks each day.
Definitely worth the extra to stay Club - the lounge is very good, with lots of food presentations (quite a few hot) and decent wines - it pays for itself.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkjr
Given the price of drinks in Singapore in general- if you are planning on having a few then definitely the club level will have a solid ROI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.