Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Anybody like the suites at the St Regis? Or is it just me?
Think some others here do like it too .

SeeingtheWorldfromIndy may chip in here soon , possibly jet lagging from a RTW . He posted recently in another thread ?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by uggboy
Shouldn't both of these properties have top-notch services on offer for each guest, Club or not?
A while ago I posted my review of the MO SG and commented that the service was lackluster outside of the club, and many other FT'ers here said that my expectations were unrealistic

Anyway, a few photos of MO SG's Oriental club lounge (write-up on blog if you're interested):

Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Anybody like the suites at the St Regis? Or is it just me?
I'm in a St. Regis Suite now, although outside the door it says Executive Suite? It is very nicely appointed with plenty of technology. Although I would say it is already a bit out of date in that it doesn't have USB charging ports like the newer St. Regis hotels.

But as nice as the room is, the service at breakfast is really, really bad. Are they having staffing problems here? I hope it was just a one off today.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm in a St. Regis Suite now, although outside the door it says Executive Suite? It is very nicely appointed with plenty of technology. Although I would say it is already a bit out of date in that it doesn't have USB charging ports like the newer St. Regis hotels.

But as nice as the room is, the service at breakfast is really, really bad. Are they having staffing problems here? I hope it was just a one off today.
Not surprising. Singapore has shortage of foreign labour and high staff turnover problems.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by shuigao
A while ago I posted my review of the MO SG and commented that the service was lackluster outside of the club, and many other FT'ers here said that my expectations were unrealistic

Anyway, a few photos of MO SG's Oriental club lounge (write-up on blog if you're interested):
The MO club lounge is indeed very good. ^ But the rest of the hotel esp the rooms are very long in the tooth and in need of a renovation or make-over. My favourite for Singapore remains the RC.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
It looks indeed very good!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:39 am

Probably not up to the true luxury standards of many of the places here but I had a great experience at the Pan Pacific at Marina Square recently. I was booked into a normal room for a work trip and arrived at 5:00AM. They apologised that my room wasn't available but if I paid $65 extra per night they would upgrade me to a club room and I could check in immediately.

Now, the reason I was impressed was not so much the room (which was very nice, but nothing exceptional) but the club lounge. It had great decor and a stunning outlook, with 360 degree views across the bay, the strait and the city. What did it for me was the 2 hours of free drinks and canapes at night. I was expecting basic sparkling wine but they served Laurent Perrier Brut and Rose, and excellent food. All this for a club room rate which was $345 SGD.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by llamaesque
Probably not up to the true luxury standards of many of the places here but I had a great experience at the Pan Pacific at Marina Square recently. I was booked into a normal room for a work trip and arrived at 5:00AM. They apologised that my room wasn't available but if I paid $65 extra per night they would upgrade me to a club room and I could check in immediately.

Now, the reason I was impressed was not so much the room (which was very nice, but nothing exceptional) but the club lounge. It had great decor and a stunning outlook, with 360 degree views across the bay, the strait and the city. What did it for me was the 2 hours of free drinks and canapes at night. I was expecting basic sparkling wine but they served Laurent Perrier Brut and Rose, and excellent food. All this for a club room rate which was $345 SGD.
Sounds good. For whatever reason, I don't see club room online. Is it just club access?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 6:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by surftb15
Sounds good. For whatever reason, I don't see club room online. Is it just club access?
Please see:

Pacific Club Rooms and Suites

Experience the special touch of the Pacific Club, located on level 38 of our Singapore hotel.

Designed for discerning guests, each Pacific Club hotel room and suite is thoughtfully appointed to cater to your every need, from the efficiency of priority check-in, to indulgent daily breakfasts. Guests of our Pacific Club hotel rooms and suites also enjoy exclusive access to the Pacific Club, which provides stunning views of Marina Bay from the uppermost level of our Singapore hotel.
Simply scroll down until you arrive to their dedicated Pacific Club Rooms and Suites section on their website:

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels...tml#stay#rooms

See also for more info of the included club offerings:

Pacific Club Experience

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels...xperience.html

IMHO, it's a very good/luxurious choice and would be on our list too.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Sep 6, 2016 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:16 am

Cool. Will book this possibly.
It seems that club rooms are the way to go in Singapore, given the lack of service in regular room.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:17 pm

Booked the pan pacific for October 15.. 1 night... after 4 nights alila uluwatu. Should be good. Grabbed a reservation at sushi ichi for lunch the following day. Any other good spots?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Grabbed a reservation at sushi ichi for lunch the following day. Any other good spots?
Difficult to give dining recommendations without details like budget, what cuisine, etc. But specifically for sushi, I prefer Shinji by Kanesaka over Sushi Ichi by far.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:06 am

Difficult to give dining recommendations without details like budget, what cuisine, etc. But specifically for sushi, I prefer Shinji by Kanesaka over Sushi Ichi by far.
What location?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
What location?
I went to the one at Raffles a couple days ago and it was very good--highly recommended. I actually stayed that hotel until yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. As others mentioned, the rooms are dated, but that's part of the charm for me. My wife didn't like the bathroom though. Butler service was good, but my one complaint was that they did a poor job packing.

My colleague had a suite in the pan pacific and I visited him there. Different style, but I preferred Raffles.

At Amanpuri now, which is what a luxury hotel should be! 😃
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:39 am

I'm thinking of booking a club room at the MO, but I won't get there until about 9pm. Does anyone know what time food and more importantly bubbles are served until at night?!

Many thanks

Also, my flight the next day is not until 10pm...will I be able to use the club lounge the next day or just until check out time?

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 9, 2016 at 8:28 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same person

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.