Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
For one thing a proper hotel bathroom should have an enclosed WC.
What is very strange is that a mirror is positioned directly in front of the loo!
Not too sure the mirror bothers me But yes come to think of it, the better hotels I've stayed in have had enclosed WC's.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
For one thing a proper hotel bathroom should have an enclosed WC.

What is very strange is that a mirror is positioned directly in front of the loo!
I guess some people like to watch themselves in the loo. Just a bad design. That full length mirror should be near the vanity table or in bedroom.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Aventine
I guess some people like to watch themselves in the loo. Just a bad design. That full length mirror should be near the vanity table or in bedroom.
In the dressing room
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
To be clear I've never seen a bathroom like that in all my MO stays. But I have seen it at various other hotels, high to mid-end. It's not like that in a suite, neither in the master bathroom, nor the guest bathroom.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
MO Singapore ....

Originally Posted by stimpy
To be clear I've never seen a bathroom like that in all my MO stays. But I have seen it at various other hotels, high to mid-end. It's not like that in a suite, neither in the master bathroom, nor the guest bathroom.
Well OK. Let's just settle this. The MO Singapore is a card-carrying member of a large community of 5* hotels in Singapore that doesn't live up to expectations. Let's start with the silly dress code in the Club ... in the tropics ... where the outside temperature was 87F at 80% humidity. The lobby is jarring: profoundly ugly and shockingly so. The whole place is awkward -- everybody gets lost. The food in the Club, even free, wasn't worth it. The bathrooms have mirrors that let you study yourself during 2's. There are no chairs on the outside balconies. The wine was good. Internet was crisp.

Your defense of this mediocre hotel is puzzling. I'm interested in your take on the MO Singapore. I didn't like it. But I didn't like Raffles (mean!), FS Singapore (dark, prison-like), Fullerton (just bad), Fullerton Bay (worse!). I do like Ritz-Carlton, St Regis, and Shangri La.

Of the options that suck in Singapore, the Shangri La sucks the least. But its location makes it intolerable for business since I need to be at the Marina Bay Sands convention center. And 'no', taxis are not an option. Getting a taxi during crowded times from the MBS is nearly impossible.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Well OK. Let's just settle this. The MO Singapore is a card-carrying member of a large community of 5* hotels in Singapore that doesn't live up to expectations.
I think its just safe to say you have a drastically different view of the world than most of us. Certainly me. Also you talk in absolutes which makes you wrong much of the time. It's best to stick to what you actually experience in a hotel. That's all you can honestly do. For instance my suite had a chair on the balcony. And a rather different bathroom than what your photo showed.

I think that most people would agree that the MO Singapore isn't at the same level as the MO flagships in Bangkok or Hong Kong, but it's still a very, very nice hotel with one of the world's top clubs in terms of food, drink and service.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
And 'no', taxis are not an option. Getting a taxi during crowded times from the MBS is nearly impossible.
Uber works very well in Singapore.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Uber works very well in Singapore.
Except when the MRT breaks down and it applies 5x charges so you pay s$124 for a ride

Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:33 pm

I am spending a few nights in Singapore. I realize the consensus are there are few good hotels. My favourite hotel is The Upper House (design wise) in HK - I am looking for something similar but a pool is also required for Singapore.

Not a huge fan of RC's etc in general, but will stay there if the best. But I am thinking it may be the Fullerton? Marina Bay Sands doesn't have availability.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I am spending a few nights in Singapore. I realize the consensus are there are few good hotels. My favourite hotel is The Upper House (design wise) in HK - I am looking for something similar but a pool is also required for Singapore.

Not a huge fan of RC's etc in general, but will stay there if the best. But I am thinking it may be the Fullerton? Marina Bay Sands doesn't have availability.

Thanks in advance.
You probably would look at Fullerton Bay (given your UH reference for design), as opposed to Fullerton. RC is solid. Agree with general point of previous posts that overall choice is somewhat meh.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:46 pm

RC for location and view

We enjoyed our few day at RC, location was excellent room beyond great with window of the water. Pool lovely and great exercise area. Food for buffet breakfast was great quality and plentiful. Staff very helpful.
Would love to return!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:16 am

Fairmont Singapore or Fullerton?

Hello,

All things being equal what Hotel in Singapore would you rather stay in. I kind of like the old world charm of the Fullerton but the Fairmont seems to have better ratings consistently? What Hotel would you choose and why?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:22 pm

Patina when it opens.
It all depends what you are planning to do in Singapore. Capella can be a good choice but I don't like the location (Sentosa).
Fullerton Bay is probably one of the very best options.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Patina when it opens.
It all depends what you are planning to do in Singapore. Capella can be a good choice but I don't like the location (Sentosa).
Fullerton Bay is probably one of the very best options.
I stayed in Fullerton Bay Hotel for 3 nights a couple of weeks ago and have only praise for the staff, facilities, food, rooms ,etc.

Rooms are extraordinarily well equipped, the service is exceptional, it's a smaller hotel so no feeling of being over crowded and located right on the bay front.

The rooftop pool and bar/restaurant are great places to hang out.

Congratulations Singapore on SG50!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello,

All things being equal what Hotel in Singapore would you rather stay in. I kind of like the old world charm of the Fullerton but the Fairmont seems to have better ratings consistently? What Hotel would you choose and why?
I am also deciding between The Fullerton and Fairmont and don't understand why the Fairmont has higher ratings considering The Fullerton is a better location and seems to be the historic gem of hotel of Singapore. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.